Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Wyoming County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto prepared to take city gun bills to Supreme Court

I have to believe that the ordinances would be struck down as well. What makes my blood boil is the fact that he is breaking the law and in all likelihood nobody will prosecute him for doing so, although to be honest I'm sure it would be damn near impossible to get 12 jurors without at least one flaming lefty on the jury panel.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto prepared to take city gun bills to Supreme Court

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    This “elected” tyrant is continuing with his illegal bills because he is on his own powertrip.
    Time to take him down a few notches like to jail.

How the hell is this city not outraged with his actions ??? Are the citizens here braindead? Even if they don’t agree with us that less guns = more crime is real and documented over and over again, what about the simple fact that he is not performing the job he was elected to do and is knowingly and boastingly committing a misdemeanor crime!!!??? What the hell peoples !!!
    Because so many feel that the ends justifies the means. It doesn't matter if he commits a crime, if it saves the life of just one child, then it's justified. Nevermind the trampling of rights.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    This “elected” tyrant is continuing with his illegal bills because he is on his own powertrip.
    Time to take him down a few notches like to jail. (like 5 years could cool his arrogance)

How the hell is this city not outraged with his actions ??? Are the citizens here braindead? Even if they don’t agree with us that less guns = more crime is real and documented over and over again, what about the simple fact that he is not performing the job he was elected to do and is knowingly and boastingly committing a misdemeanor crime!!!??? What the hell peoples !!!
    Yes, the citizens of Pittsburgh are brain dead.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Elk County)

He's going to push it to see if it does stick, and if not, the process calls attention to what the Dems call "a bad law" to foment support to do away with preemption.

Peduto stole a page from Roy Cohn and Donald Trump -- Even bad publicity is publicity.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Because so many feel that the ends justifies the means. It doesn't matter if he commits a crime, if it saves the life of just one child, then it's justified. Nevermind the trampling of rights.
    I just see this all heading to power politics. Just listening to Strassburger, O'Connor and Krauss shows what we are up against. There was not fact that any of them would acknowledge or even debate. The evidence is clear but that just does not matter. O'Connor and Krauss simply insulted everyone on the panel (including the County Commissioner) declaring them to be part of the problem, accusing them of spewing uncorroborated facts (a direct slander of John Lott) and then scolding the audience and Walt Gibson. The hatred runs deep in these three, you could see in their faces. Reason and argument have nothing to do with it. Power and submission to it is the game.

The PA Supreme Court is a crapshoot. In a sane world, past precedent would make this a slam dunk. Now, in the Courts, it is the same power politics. Reason, logic, law, Constitutions, do not matter -- just arithmetic.

My point is, if the have the votes they are going to dictate. In Pittsburgh, in Harrisburg and in Washington DC.
    Last edited by Wilderness 1864; February 14th, 2019 at 07:02 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If the Pgh Gun Task force manages to kill one child during an "assault weapon" confiscation raid or doing a "Red Flag" seizure then what are the gains here?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Yes, the citizens of Pittsburgh are brain dead.
    No.... the Citizens of Pittsburgh have many different interests. Bicycle Bob appealed to a majority of them.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Freaking scum bag..the Democrat supreme Court. Not good.

https://triblive.com/local/allegheny...-supreme-court
    I expected as much. The ultimate goal is to "break" gun preemption.

Our goal must be to get the money and political power towards getting good arguments before the Supreme Court.

I also believe that we need to monkeywrench the "Green City" initiative. Bloomberg is behind this stuff. We need to enlighten him and Bicycle Bob about the consequences of stepping on common folks.

Bill and his fellow travelers need to be taught a lesson - if you don't want trouble do not make trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I’m going with the opposite. I think that if it goes to Pa’s Supreme Court, they will rule in favor of preemption.
    I tend to agree. it's lawful, and common throughout the country.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast