Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Sen. Bob Casey response

I got the same email back from an email I wrote telling him not to confirm the proposed head of the ATF. Like the VAWA has anything to do with that.

Not like he's going to listen anyways.

At least he's taking a break from Sandy Hook.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Delaware County)

Writing to him is like pissing into the wind. Got the same reply. Don't explain what the fucking bill is about to me. I already know that's why I am writing. Just tell me how you are second amendment supporter and this is just common sense legislation that everyone should support.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Elk County)

I also have written to the Senator. He did answer my email. I in turn responded to his kinky crooked stupidit ideas and commons. He answered that email with the exact same response I received the first time. Sent another asking why he responded twice exactly the same and did not address any of my concerns in the second email. He answered that email with the exact same response I received the first time. Its nice to know that a Senator supposedly representing me has so much concern for my rights. He went the extra mile to basically ignore my emails and I doubt they were even read. Obvious that all 2A supporters get the canned reply. I am proud to say I have never wasted my vote on any Casey.

Quote Originally Posted by vetter3006 View Post
    This is the response I recieved on voting against gun laws from the Senator.
    Thank you for taking the time to contact me about the Second Amendment and the regulation of firearms. I appreciate hearing from you.

Pennsylvania has a rich tradition of hunting, and I support the Second Amendment right of law-abiding Americans to own guns for protection, sporting and collection. But, like many Americans, I believe we need commonsense gun legislation that will help to prevent tragic mass shootings as well as the daily gun violence that takes the lives of approximately 33,000 Americans each year.

The Sandy Hook massacre affected me deeply. The shooter used a military-style assault weapon with magazines containing up to 30 rounds of ammunition. Realizing that he chose this weapon because he wanted to inflict the most damage in the shortest amount of time, and that he would have tried to kill hundreds of children if he could have, led me to reevaluate how we approach gun violence as a Nation. After careful study, I decided to support legislation to close loopholes in the existing background check system, as well as legislation to institute a federal ban on military-style assault weapons and to restrict high-capacity magazines. I voted in favor of these measures, as well as efforts to close a loophole allowing known and suspected terrorists on the Terrorist Watchlist to purchase firearms, when they came before the Senate for consideration in 2013, 2015 and 2016. None of these measures gained enough support to pass the Senate.

Since Sandy Hook, thousands of Americans have lost their lives to gun violence. We have witnessed some of the deadliest mass shootings in modern U.S. history at Charleston, Orlando, Las Vegas, Sutherland Springs, Parkland, Thousand Oaks, and Santa Fe, Texas. Gun violence recently took a toll on our own Commonwealth. On the morning of Saturday, October 27, 2018, we witnessed the most deadly act of violence against the Jewish community in American history. As congregants of the Tree of Life Synagogue in the Squirrel Hill neighborhood of Pittsburgh were holding Shabbat morning services, including a bris to welcome a newborn child into their community, they became targets of horrific violence because of their religious beliefs. Eleven congregants were taken from their families and six other individuals were wounded, including four police officers who responded to the scene. The suspect was armed with three handguns and one AR-15 assault rifle. My deepest condolences are with the families of the victims, and my prayers are with the survivors, Tree of Life congregants and members of both the Squirrel Hill and Pittsburgh Jewish communities, whose lives were forever changed by a hateful act of terror.

As a public official, I believe my colleagues and I have an obligation to enact commonsense reforms that will keep Americans safe and reduce the likelihood of gun violence incidents. We are a Nation of people who come together, roll up our sleeves and solve difficult problems. We can pass smart measures to reduce gun violence while fully respecting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. Please be assured that should the Senate consider legislation affecting firearm regulation, I will have your views in mind.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, http://casey.senate.gov. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,

Bob Casey

United States Senator
    Funny he sent me the same thing.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

(Chester County)

Casey is the emptiest of emtpiest suits except for Obama. Close though. Sadly, he probably will have the seat for life. He won't do anything except talk about far left policies, and is essentially neutered unless the Dems get the majority.

New one!

Dear Mr. Alpacaheat:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about the nomination of Kenneth Charles ("Chuck") Canterbury of South Carolina to be the Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). I appreciate hearing from you about this issue.

The ATF is a federal law enforcement organization within the U.S. Department of Justice. It is responsible for regulating firearms, ammunition and explosives. It also protects the public by investigating and preventing crimes involving firearms, explosives and illegal alcohol and tobacco trafficking. The Director of the agency is charged with managing 5,101 employees and an annual budget of $1.274 billion. Individuals are nominated for the position by the President of the United States and confirmed by a majority of the Senate.

On May 24, 2019, President Trump nominated Chuck Canterbury for the position of Director of the ATF. Mr. Canterbury currently serves as President of the Fraternal Order of Police. To date, Canterbury's nomination has not come before the Senate Judiciary Committee for a hearing. As your United States Senator, I take very seriously my own constitutional role in the confirmation process and I closely review the professional experience and qualifications of each nominee. Please be assured that I am gratified to hear from my constituents regarding nominations. I will keep your views in mind should this nomination come before the full Senate for consideration.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, http://casey.senate.gov. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office, or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,

Bob Casey

United States Senator
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Ok, it is not Bob Casey, but this is the pablum I only recently received from State Senator Art Haywood in response to my email urging no votes against SB90 and positive action in favor of the Preemption Bill. My email listed very specific objections to SB90. At least Haywood responded, almost no one else did, including the Republican Chair of the Judiciary Committee who is studying SB90.

"Dear Neighbor:
    Thank you for taking the time to contact my office regarding the issue of extreme risk protection orders. I want to hear the views and concerns of my neighbors on this critical legislation impacting the Commonwealth.
    I am a proud co-sponsor of Senate Bill 90 because extreme risk protection orders are a realistic and reasonable tool individuals can use when they worry a loved one is at imminent risk of endangering himself or others with an accessible firearm. The bill will allow a family member, police officer, or member of the household to file for a court order to temporarily remove a loved one’s firearms. A judge may only approve the court order to remove the firearms if there is evidence the individual exhibits signs of self-harm or crisis. The order is only temporary, and the firearms will be returned to the individual afterward. A majority of gun deaths in Pennsylvania are the result of suicide. I want my fellow Pennsylvanians to have the tools to protect their loved ones and help them move past dark days. This solution is a reasonable and constitutional measure to save lives.
    Thank you again for contacting me on the critical subject of extreme risk protection orders. I appreciate your input because it helps me to stay informed on the issues that matter to those I represent. If you would like to discuss this further, or if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact my district office at 215-242-8171 or my Harrisburg office at 717-787-1427.

Sincerely,
    Senator Art Haywood
    4th District
    Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties"

He's wrong, it's NOT Constitutional.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345