Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Sen. Bob Casey response

A long response this morning...same old crap.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about the Second Amendment and the regulation of firearms. I appreciate hearing from you.

Pennsylvania has a rich tradition of hunting, and I support the Second Amendment right of law-abiding Americans to own guns for protection, sporting and collection. But, like many Americans, I believe we need commonsense gun legislation that will help to prevent tragic mass shootings as well as the daily gun violence that takes the lives of approximately 33,000 Americans each year.

The Sandy Hook massacre affected me deeply. The shooter used a military-style assault weapon with magazines containing up to 30 rounds of ammunition. Realizing that he chose this weapon because he wanted to inflict the most damage in the shortest amount of time, and that he would have tried to kill hundreds of children if he could have, led me to reevaluate how we approach gun violence as a Nation. After careful study, I decided to support legislation to close loopholes in the existing background check system, as well as legislation to institute a federal ban on military-style assault weapons and to restrict high-capacity magazines. I voted in favor of these measures, as well as efforts to close a loophole allowing known and suspected terrorists on the Terrorist Watchlist to purchase firearms, when they came before the Senate for consideration in 2013, 2015 and 2016. None of these measures gained enough support to pass the Senate.

Since Sandy Hook, thousands of Americans have lost their lives to gun violence. We have witnessed some of the deadliest mass shootings in modern U.S. history at Charleston, Orlando, Las Vegas, Sutherland Springs, Parkland, Thousand Oaks, and Santa Fe, Texas. Gun violence recently took a toll on our own Commonwealth. On the morning of Saturday, October 27, 2018, we witnessed the most deadly act of violence against the Jewish community in American history. As congregants of the Tree of Life Synagogue in the Squirrel Hill neighborhood of Pittsburgh were holding Shabbat morning services, including a bris to welcome a newborn child into their community, they became targets of horrific violence because of their religious beliefs. Eleven congregants were taken from their families and six other individuals were wounded, including four police officers who responded to the scene. The suspect was armed with three handguns and one AR-15 assault rifle. My deepest condolences are with the families of the victims, and my prayers are with the survivors, Tree of Life congregants and members of both the Squirrel Hill and Pittsburgh Jewish communities, whose lives were forever changed by a hateful act of terror.

As a public official, I believe my colleagues and I have an obligation to enact commonsense reforms that will keep Americans safe and reduce the likelihood of gun violence incidents. We are a Nation of people who come together, roll up our sleeves and solve difficult problems. We can pass smart measures to reduce gun violence while fully respecting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. Please be assured that should the Senate consider legislation affecting firearm regulation, I will have your views in mind.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, http://casey.senate.gov. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,

Bob Casey

United States Senator
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Bucks County)

Anyone see him at The SOTU ? What a smug, do nothing, ahole.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Bucks County)

That is the same response that he gives for every issue brought to his attention on the Second Amendment. I have seen that rich tradition bullshit more times than I care to admit.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Anyone see him at The SOTU ? What a smug, do nothing, ahole.
    That was the first time I've seen that miserable prick since he ran for office. Call his office sometime. It's almost laughable. They never answer the phone. He has no balls whatsoever.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    That was the first time I've seen that miserable prick since he ran for office. Call his office sometime. It's almost laughable. They never answer the phone. He has no balls whatsoever.
    Why should he care? He keeps getting re-elected. There is no incentive for him to answer anything, or be held accountable. He is royalty now. They don't allow themselves to be held accountable because they are above it all. Who is going to make him do anything?

(Bucks County)

Casey's gun control support could be bought off with a few cases of Midol and cat food.

Pretty much the same form letter he’s been putting out for a couple of years. I have the same one somewhere.

We can bitch all we want...... he is a straight up anti who will support any gun control and just as importantly will not vote for any pro 2nd legislation. The only way we can change this is to vote him out in the general election.

It’s why I push for Toomey so much even though I despise him and his back stabbing ways. Toomey has pushed some anti legislation. It feels like a knife in the back every time it comes up. But he does not favor all anti legislation and does vote for pro 2nd legislation. While I might not like either...... there is a clear difference between him and Casey. I know a lot of people would rather not vote for Toomey and let another Casey or worse take over for Toomey. I can see the point of view.... but think that if a McGinty were to beat Toomey, we would be majorly fucked. The time to get a Toomey out is in a Primary if possible..... not during a general election

(Allegheny County)

Sadly because of his last name we are pretty much stuck with him until he either croaks or retires. Far too many people vote for him thinking they are voting for the reincarnation of his dad when in reality he is waaaay further left.

I don’t think he’s even 60 yet so that could be another 20 years....

(Delaware County)

You are my constituents, whose interests I am supposed to represent in Congress.

And, here is why you're wrong, so piss off.
    FOAD

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    Pretty much the same lame ass letter he always sends. I guess mine will be coming soon.
    Toomey just enrolls you in his self promotion letter.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast