Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Mark Kelly running for Senate

Lot worse in the 1970s. Presidents Johnson and Nixon wanted to ban cheap handguns. We had a Democratic Controlled Congress. Handgun Control Inc was founded in the mid 1970s by Dow Executive Pete Shields the 3rd and CIA employee Edwin O. Welles. CIA Director William Colby helped found National Coalition to Ban Handguns.
    MSM reveled in their catchy "Saturday Night Specials" mission. Cheaper handguns were successfully driven from the market by attaching certain required standards to imports. Ironically, the people living on lower incomes also lived amidst higher crime rates, and had the most need for handguns they could now no longer afford.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Chester County)

I bet the guys that were up in those Space Shuttles with this Kelley guy are cringing now knowing they were stuck up there in orbit with this nut job.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ronbo1012 View Post
    I can't nail it down, but there is something about this guy that seems off. Kinda sets off the sleaze meter.
    Could it be the pos in his dna?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Lot worse in the 1970s. Presidents Johnson and Nixon wanted to ban cheap handguns. We had a Democratic Controlled Congress. Handgun Control Inc was founded in the mid 1970s by Dow Executive Pete Shields the 3rd and CIA employee Edwin O. Welles. CIA Director William Colby helped found National Coalition to Ban Handguns.

By the late 1970s President Carter's staff wanted to put magnetometers on the streets to catch gun carriers. We had Carter pulling ATF agents off of Moonshine Duty to send them after gun dealers. People were sent to prison for simple misspellings on their Form 4473. Others were busted carrying handguns across State lines for "Trafficking Firearms".

The NRA had to change its direction. They did so.

Today we are better organized, better educated and have more firearms in private hands than we did in those days.

Lifer under Clinton was worse than today. The miserable prick bastard bribed Congress to pass the Feinstein ban. Ronald Reagan came out of retirement to back the Brady Bill and Feinstein ban. Richard Nixon influenced Republicans in New Jersey to keep the Fazio "assault weapon" ban. How Robert Dole, Al Gore and Sen Mitchell added rifles and shotguns to the Brady Checks (The Mitchell-Gore-Dole Compromise).

People forget how genuinely shitty things were in the past. How we had to sign for ammunition in Pennsylvania. How we had to show "need" to get a concealed carry permit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    MSM reveled in their catchy "Saturday Night Specials" mission. Cheaper handguns were successfully driven from the market by attaching certain required standards to imports. Ironically, the people living on lower incomes also lived amidst higher crime rates, and had the most need for handguns they could now no longer afford.
    They wanted the poor to not have guns because they equated the poor with black and other minority groups and democrats were and will always be racist pigs.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gun-bunny View Post
    I wish Mark would make a wrong turn and fly his capsule into the sun.
    I believe he was actually promoting a shuttle mission to the sun. When asked about the heat problem, he simply replied, 'It won't be a problem. We'll arrive at night and leave before daybreak.'

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    Retired astronaut Mark Kelly is ready for his next mission.

Kelly, the husband of former Rep. Gabby Giffords, D-Ariz., announced he’s running for Senate in 2020 in a video he released Tuesday.

Kelly, 54, would face Arizona’s Martha McSally, a Republican, for her Senate seat. McSally was appointed to the late Sen. John McCain’s seat after she lost to Sen. Kyrsten Sinema in the 2018 election.

“I always knew that I was going to serve this country in some way,” Kelly said in his announcement. “What I learned from my wife is how you use policy to improve people’s lives.”

Kelly and Giffords became top proponents for gun control legislation after the former Democratic congresswoman was shot in the head while meeting with constituents in Tucson in 2011.

In addition to his time as a NASA astronaut, Kelly was also a Navy combat pilot and engineer. He has never held elected office.
    An elected Federal official is supposed to adhere to the U.S. Constitution and I don't see where that document exists as a means to "improve people's lives". It has specified powers and it exists to keep Federal officials out of people's lives and allow them to live said lives free from government interference. He should go into social work if his goal is the improve people's lives.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12