Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Hickok 45 goes full fudd

I for one enjoy Hickok45. His comments about Bud's Gun Shop or Federal are OK with me. As one in the ad business, I understand completely the need for financial support when doing these videos.

That being said, I had to go back and look at some videos to find where he agreed with banning bump-stocks. I just looked at one of his videos, "Nw Channel Direction"...where he says that he made a statement to the effect of "he wouldn't fall on his sword for a bump stock", but that he didn't mean he wanted a ban on those things. He does mention also that he has no use for one.

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Now this is a good example of why the Yankee Marshall pisses me off. I strongly disagree with his stance against Colion Noir. I have never watched a Colion video where he denigrates any faction of the Gun Community. Sure he may be on the payroll of Ackerman McQueen, but I think he is a solid advocate.
    Apparently lots of things were said on Facebook and Twitter directly to his followers who were asking questions. Some weren’t happy with his answers or agreed with him and many were banned. This was in the days after Vegas.

I don’t follow him on social media and wasn’t involved. I like Colin a lot for the most part when he’s doing actual 2A advocate work, not really interested in his reviews and stuff like that. He actually gets a voice on some MSM because of his age, education, and let’s face it because of his skin color.

He’s definitely not a Fudd that’s for sure but I’m sure he has a contract that binds him from saying cretin things as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPA View Post
    I for one enjoy Hickok45. His comments about Bud's Gun Shop or Federal are OK with me. As one in the ad business, I understand completely the need for financial support when doing these videos.

That being said, I had to go back and look at some videos to find where he agreed with banning bump-stocks. I just looked at one of his videos, "Nw Channel Direction"...where he says that he made a statement to the effect of "he wouldn't fall on his sword for a bump stock", but that he didn't mean he wanted a ban on those things. He does mention also that he has no use for one.
    He has no use for one?

Well I’m pretty sure it was one of his bumpstock videos that CNN used in order to demonstrate what one is and does. So if I am remembering that correctly he had use for one in that video, and it was to make him money that month.

(Washington County)

I watch the guy's videos. I also recognized a while ago that he wasn't the type who would ever consider shedding a drop of blood for the preservation of liberty.

He likes guns. He likes being sponsored to plink around his farm and bullshit. He doesn't much give a shit about rights though, certainly not someone else's rights.

That's my take. I'll watch his videos but I wouldn't have him watching my six.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Apparently lots of things were said on Facebook and Twitter directly to his followers who were asking questions. Some weren’t happy with his answers or agreed with him and many were banned. This was in the days after Vegas.

I don’t follow him on social media and wasn’t involved. I like Colin a lot for the most part when he’s doing actual 2A advocate work, not really interested in his reviews and stuff like that. He actually gets a voice on some MSM because of his age, education, and let’s face it because of his skin color.

He’s definitely not a Fudd that’s for sure but I’m sure he has a contract that binds him from saying cretin things as well.
    Absolutely. You can't bite the hand that feeds you, and despite Yankee's hatred of the NRA's course, I don't think he has any business attacking those that from every account I see would just as much like to change it's course as he would.

He makes his damn rambling video about uniting the gun community and then attacks some of it's biggest stars.

I'm pissed off at the management of the NRA as much as many others, but I don't resent those trying to fix it and fighting the bigger picture, and I don't like to watch Hitchcock's channel either but he just doesn't bring anything to the table for me. I have no personal knowledge from my limited viewings of his videos that he has ever done anything negative.

The Yankee Marshall hates the NRA & Buds Gun shop, and that earns Hitchcock double hatred for his relationships.

Like you, I once was a fan but he pisses me off just as frequently if not more than when he produces something I can relate to.

*ETA: As best I can figure Yankees hostility toward Colion is because Colion did not come out as strongly as Yankee would have liked during the Philando Castile incident. Which in my opinion was a shitty shoot to take a side on either way, and I don't blame anybody that didn't want to take a position on
    Last edited by ExFlyinguy; February 12th, 2019 at 12:23 PM.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Lancaster County)

I find YM to be quite the annoying little gnat...

(Allegheny County)

I think YM calling out Hickok was a good thing. As we all know we are heading into a horrible anti 2 A onslaught and everybody needs to be on the same page. Shooting pumpkins and bullshitting in the woods while they are pouring gasoline on the constitution is not the thing to be doing when you have the power to motivate, and organize the gun community with the following he has. We dont see the Republican party mounting a defense now do we?

It's always the Youtubers like Mac from Military Arms Channel, Yankee Marshal, Jared from Guns and Gadget channel etc that mount up.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Perry County)

I'm amazed at how much you guys follow the "talking heads" if you will. It's not a criticism, just an observation. My exposure to them is almost exclusively in the realm of gun reviews when I'm looking at guns to buy. I look at MAC first since I find his videos to be mostly well produced and his testing to be decent. I also like Honest Outlaw for his reviews. Other than that, I will catch a few Demolition Ranch videos because I find Matt to be a likable fellow and it's a decent time killer.

I avoid most "opinion" people because I form my own based on available information. If I see any, it's usually because someone posts one here. I don't begrudge anyone how they run their channel. Some guys are political animals, some aren't. I don't need Matt Carriker to tell me what I "need" to do or what I should think. I've got that covered.

The same is true here and we all likely disagree with what we consider to be effective political action. Some have been to many Harrisburg rallies but never or rarely throw any support to the NRA. Some of us are much more attuned to national legislation while others are much more locally focused.

The problem is when we start attacking one another. We saw it with the Pittsburgh rally. Competing ideas on what should and shouldn't be done with the requisite accusations flying back and forth. Hickok says gun owners should be a part of the NRA and he's a traitor and a Fudd. None of us are pure in this fight. As I've said, we all compromise, make concessions and poorly defend our "no compromise" stance. We allow those in charge to define the rules and we abide by them. We may thump our chests and proclaim "we shall not comply" but we will if serious sanctions are a real possibility. (How many untaxed full autos and suppressors do you own? That's what I thought.) After all, the new season of GoT is starting soon, NASCAR is this weekend, spring turkey is almost here, the next promotion is on the horizon and we all have too much to lose.

I'll put my money and efforts where I consider them to be most effective, I encourage you to do the same. It would be nice if you didn't try to cut the legs out from under the 2A protectors I support while promoting your own. It's why I rarely watch MAC any longer, he's too stupid to understand that destroying the NRA doesn't help us. That doesn't do anything but make us all weaker in the end.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    I think YM calling out Hickok was a good thing. As we all know we are heading into a horrible anti 2 A onslaught and everybody needs to be on the same page. Shooting pumpkins and bullshitting in the woods while they are pouring gasoline on the constitution is not the thing to be doing when you have the power to motivate, and organize the gun community with the following he has. We dont see the Republican party mounting a defense now do we?

It's always the Youtubers like Mac from Military Arms Channel, Yankee Marshal, Jared from Guns and Gadget channel etc that mount up.
    You bet !!

(Perry County)

I just watched as much of YM as I could stomach. When you declare the NRA the enemy, you're a fucking idiot.

Oddly, as he declares himself pure of heart, he's literally giving aid to our enemies. The NRA is responsible for the end of the careers of more of our enemies than all other 2A rights organizations combined. When our enemies are calling the NRA terrorists and you join their call vilifying the NRA, you are the fucking traitor.
    Last edited by unclejumbo; February 12th, 2019 at 01:51 PM.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast