Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
Yeah Hickok is all fine as long as he has his personal range, and a steady flow of free ammo, guns, and money flowing in.

No surprises there.
People want content and things to watch and he gets Federal ammo and can order stuff up from Bud's. If it's going to be your job, then in order to keep content flowing, those sorts of arrangements are necessary. He's always been above board on those arrangements, why anyone would have a beef with that to me would be nothing more than jealousy.

For some reason there seems to be this expectation that people should work for free. As someone that sometimes will make videos to incorporate into training curriculum, it's a lot of work. I know in one case I did a 3 minute video that had about 40 hours of bulk video to sort through and edit. I know Hickok goes with one take but again there is a lot of work around that.

What I don't like is pay per play type arrangements where something is posted as a "review" but the Youtuber has actually taken a cash payment and the gun from the manufacturer in exchange for the "review" which is actually a paid advert. If it's a paid advert, then people should know that up front. One prominent Youtuber got caught in that passing around his rate card at SHOT Show and I don't think his views ever recovered from that as people realized a lot of what they were watching labeled as "reviews" were actually not.