Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Default Re: Hickok 45 goes full fudd

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    He said himself before he gets "support" from them. He also doesn't do speaking engagements at rallies or anywhere else unless he's paid. Usually it an NRA fundraiser or event he's at so they're the ones paying him there. I haven't ever contacted him, but I know others that have and he doesn't do anything unless someone is paying.
    Who does he think he is Ted Nugent?

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by rellisonii View Post
    Would all the current antigun laws have passed or been allowed to stand if the NRA had not made them "less bad"?
    Either the other side has the votes or they don't. In my long years of following politics, I'm confident saying "our side" is very reluctant to undo bad law...look at Obamacare. If antis are going to make bad law, the best we can hope for is something to reduce the damage...like a sunset on an AWB. We know SCOTUS takes up very few gun cases so I think it's likely if the NRA weren't actively defending the 2A, we'd be significantly worse off than we are now.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Philadelphia County)

i liked the guy at first but couldnt deal with how he would shoot up all of that trash. soda bottles? were not kids...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    The Miami video was good, his ballistic videos are okay but have been done before with results in print as well as video from channels like shooting the bull. I do know Paul was in a real self defense shooting situation in his past where he killed another man so he does speak from experience with some things.

Forgotten weapons, Inrange TV, Mr GunsNGear, John Lovell (warrior Poet), AKOU, LAV and sometimes MAC are usually what I watch and in pretty much in that order. I opted out of most of the big channels since very few of them offer much in the way of educated content.
    Gun Jesus is fantastic. Mr. GunsNGear is a cool dude (and has a good Facebook page for constant links to things on sale), John Lovell is good for some high speed low drag stuff that is legit. Garand Daddy is always good for a solid review and hilarious comments from both him and viewers. TNOutdoors9 does excellent ammo reviews along with the heavyset guy on the AR15.com channel. Sootch00 is also a good, no BS kind of channel.

(Perry County)

This is what I'm wondering as well. What have they made better?
    Really? Twenty 6 and 7 year old kids were murdered in a school and there was zero anti-gun legislation on the national level. And that's just one example. Do you really think all of those Republicans embrace the COTUS and freedom?
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Quote Originally Posted by EB85 View Post
    Gun Jesus is fantastic. Mr. GunsNGear is a cool dude (and has a good Facebook page for constant links to things on sale), John Lovell is good for some high speed low drag stuff that is legit. Garand Daddy is always good for a solid review and hilarious comments from both him and viewers. TNOutdoors9 does excellent ammo reviews along with the heavyset guy on the AR15.com channel. Sootch00 is also a good, no BS kind of channel.
    I forgot about Garandthumb, I just started watching some of his stuff a few weeks back and was impressed with his no BS reviews as well as his use of firearms. He’s pretty funny too.

This is what I'm wondering as well. What have they made better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Who does he think he is Ted Nugent?
    I said there were some prominent YouTubers that were, well, high on their horses or against open carry.

You might be able to narrow one down now.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I said there were some prominent YouTubers that were, well, high on their horses or against open carry.

You might be able to narrow one down now.
    Yeah Hickok is all fine as long as he has his personal range, and a steady flow of free ammo, guns, and money flowing in.

No surprises there.

(Tioga County)

He said himself before he gets "support" from them. He also doesn't do speaking engagements at rallies or anywhere else unless he's paid. Usually it an NRA fundraiser or event he's at so they're the ones paying him there. I haven't ever contacted him, but I know others that have and he doesn't do anything unless someone is paying.
    We've covered this ground before, but I really don't see the issue with paid speakers. As I know myself, it takes a lot of time to prepare a talk or speech and then you are up there executing it and then you've got the peanut gallery critiquing it. Plus, it costs money to travel, stay somewhere, eat, etc.

I also know in the past he discussed doing personal appearances and such and at least in the past, and this may have changed, all he asked for was expenses. He said at the beginning he was getting so many requests for appearances and was doing them completely for free that at one point he became overwhelmed with it and the costs of money and time that he began requesting expenses. If he gets paid to appear somewhere now, good for him. I don't work for free and value my time and that's what I'd expect out of others.

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    We've covered this ground before, but I really don't see the issue with paid speakers. As I know myself, it takes a lot of time to prepare a talk or speech and then you are up there executing it and then you've got the peanut gallery critiquing it. Plus, it costs money to travel, stay somewhere, eat, etc.

I also know in the past he discussed doing personal appearances and such and at least in the past, and this may have changed, all he asked for was expenses. He said at the beginning he was getting so many requests for appearances and was doing them completely for free that at one point he became overwhelmed with it and the costs of money and time that he began requesting expenses. If he gets paid to appear somewhere now, good for him. I don't work for free and value my time and that's what I'd expect out of others.
    Yep, we all wish we could get paid to show up and speak somewhere.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast