Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Hickok 45 goes full fudd

Hickcock used to be my sister so you guys stop picking on him.

Over an hour.. It's hard not to say something stupid when you talk over an hour.

Hell I couldn't get past one sentence.

Over an hour? Not on my phone. Not on my plan.

Please, someone post some hot chicks with guns.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    That was not my take. My take was those that say the NRA is secretly working for more gun control are akin to "truthers" in their level of paranoia. I think most agree that the NRA, like all large corporations make missteps now and again. And they are forced to make the bad less bad sometimes. It doesn't mean they support gun control. It means they understand the importance of mitigating damage if damage is unavoidable.

He also said repeatedly that he doesn't get paid by the NRA. Do you have something that disputes that?
    All you get when you try to point out how things actually work is name calling just like the left they cannot accept how things actually work and you're a no good prick for pointing it out. The NRA doesn't pay Hickock45 he's just another member that has been carrying the weight of freeloading gun owners and complainers for all these years.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Tioga County)

If you have watched Hickok long enough he's always been one of those "reasonable restrictions" types and that leaks out every so often. To be fair he has opposed lots of anti gun stuff, so I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Hickok is like Nutnfancy in that they got in early on YT and when gun content was lacking, they turned out content and built an audience. They both had their style and method for presenting videos but time and competition has caught up to them. I don't really have a big beef with either and I don't watch their vids like I used to but will check out an occasional one here and there. These days most of these guys are supported by Patreon, so as long as they get a few thousand throwing money in they can do pretty well.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I have tried many times but his content bores the shit out of me. He does seem like a decent dude though.
    I took him as being very scientific and calculated in the few videos of him I watched. I imagine you'd have to enjoy that type of input to enjoy his videos. Kinda like if you enjoy documentaries or not. FWIW, his 1986 FBI Miami shootout video is excellent.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by EB85 View Post
    I took him as being very scientific and calculated in the few videos of him I watched. I imagine you'd have to enjoy that type of input to enjoy his videos. Kinda like if you enjoy documentaries or not. FWIW, his 1986 FBI Miami shootout video is excellent.
    I've watched all of Paul Harrell's videos. He proves his points with evidence instead on mere conjecture like most other channels.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

I have seen a few of Hickok's videos over the years and I don't mind the length... if I have the time. Thank you for the interpretation. He seems laid back on some of the ones I recall, but I dont remember him leaning in a "anti-gun" direction. He gets cool free stuff and cool loaners, but good for him for posting what he does. I consider him to be more of a positive influence in today's increasing (or at least the same number with louder voices!) anti-gun world.

(Mercer County)

Would all the current antigun laws have passed or been allowed to stand if the NRA had not made them "less bad"?

Quote Originally Posted by EB85 View Post
    The Miami video was good, his ballistic videos are okay but have been done before with results in print as well as video from channels like shooting the bull. I do know Paul was in a real self defense shooting situation in his past where he killed another man so he does speak from experience with some things.

Forgotten weapons, Inrange TV, Mr GunsNGear, John Lovell (warrior Poet), AKOU, LAV and sometimes MAC are usually what I watch and in pretty much in that order. I opted out of most of the big channels since very few of them offer much in the way of educated content.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    That was not my take. My take was those that say the NRA is secretly working for more gun control are akin to "truthers" in their level of paranoia. I think most agree that the NRA, like all large corporations make missteps now and again. And they are forced to make the bad less bad sometimes. It doesn't mean they support gun control. It means they understand the importance of mitigating damage if damage is unavoidable.

He also said repeatedly that he doesn't get paid by the NRA. Do you have something that disputes that?
    He said himself before he gets "support" from them. He also doesn't do speaking engagements at rallies or anywhere else unless he's paid. Usually it an NRA fundraiser or event he's at so they're the ones paying him there. I haven't ever contacted him, but I know others that have and he doesn't do anything unless someone is paying.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by rellisonii View Post
    Would all the current antigun laws have passed or been allowed to stand if the NRA had not made them "less bad"?
    This is what I'm wondering as well. What have they made better?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast