Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Default Re: Hickok 45 goes full fudd

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I'm amazed at how much you guys follow the "talking heads" if you will. It's not a criticism, just an observation. My exposure to them is almost exclusively in the realm of gun reviews when I'm looking at guns to buy. I look at MAC first since I find his videos to be mostly well produced and his testing to be decent. I also like Honest Outlaw for his reviews. Other than that, I will catch a few Demolition Ranch videos because I find Matt to be a likable fellow and it's a decent time killer.

I avoid most "opinion" people because I form my own based on available information. If I see any, it's usually because someone posts one here. I don't begrudge anyone how they run their channel. Some guys are political animals, some aren't. I don't need Matt Carriker to tell me what I "need" to do or what I should think. I've got that covered.

The same is true here and we all likely disagree with what we consider to be effective political action. Some have been to many Harrisburg rallies but never or rarely throw any support to the NRA. Some of us are much more attuned to national legislation while others are much more locally focused.

The problem is when we start attacking one another. We saw it with the Pittsburgh rally. Competing ideas on what should and shouldn't be done with the requisite accusations flying back and forth. Hickok says gun owners should be a part of the NRA and he's a traitor and a Fudd. None of us are pure in this fight. As I've said, we all compromise, make concessions and poorly defend our "no compromise" stance. We allow those in charge to define the rules and we abide by them. We may thump our chests and proclaim "we shall not comply" but we will if serious sanctions are a real possibility. (How many untaxed full autos and suppressors do you own? That's what I thought.) After all, the new season of GoT is starting soon, NASCAR is this weekend, spring turkey is almost here, the next promotion is on the horizon and we all have too much to lose.

I'll put my money and efforts where I consider them to be most effective, I encourage you to do the same. It would be nice if you didn't try to cut the legs out from under the 2A protectors I support while promoting your own. It's why I rarely watch MAC any longer, he's too stupid to understand that destroying the NRA doesn't help us. That doesn't do anything but make us all weaker in the end.

That's what the whole social media thing is about including this site isn't it? Hell would Trump be president if it wasn't for reach and bullshit on social media? The sharing, exchanging and more often then not arguing about facts, lies, ideas or opinions some based on absolutely nothing, some based on individual experience.

Whether your watching a gun review or someones political views it's all just some guy saying something he personally believes. It's how personally or to heart the viewer chooses to take those views, and at this point I don't take many beyond what they actually are which is an opinion and more often then not bought and paid for. Beyond that they don't influence or shape my personal beliefs, choices beyond a purchase or opinions anymore then people's opinions on here that I may or may not agree with do.

Does that mean that I don't hear things that resonate or I agree with from some of these people? No I hear people say things I agree with all the time but again that's because I like most others tend to stick to my comfort zone or our little tribes so we can yell preach on from the back pew in the peanut gallery. I am not much of a follower and was never really a "membership" kind of guy so org's like the NRA were never my personal thing. Hell I was 1st forced to become a member if I wanted to shoot Hi power matches at a club in NJ. I am a life time member now on my own accord and I realize they do some good and they do some not so good and that's just the way it works with corporations and org's that are flooded with money especially in WDC.

I am sure there are things I do not agree with from the GOA and I defiantly don't agree with some of the latest things to come from the FOAC regarding the Pittsburgh rally. I still support them all when I see fit but I will still continue to criticize them if I see fit, as a supporting member I have that right. I don't consider holding people or org's that process my CC and take my money accountable for their actions or at least on the hook to provide a reasonable explanation even if I do not agree with it to their paying membership rather then a ration of BS press releases and insults from their paid spokesmen undermining them.

Lets face it the whole 3D Chess bull shit that was perpetuated for weeks by all their paid and non paid talking heads alike was an insult as well as a pathetic way to handle questions from their membership and they have been paying for it since. That's on them and not anyone else as far as I am concerned since we all make our own beds, and the internet isn't a place where things go to die.

With millions of gun owners of all different ages, and backgrounds who all have instant access to a world voice via the internet it's ludicrous to believe that we are going to become a unified voice, under one banner especially if that banner is anything other then the Constitution and requires a yearly membership fee.

I personally have backed away from a lot of this shit, Yeah I know it doesn't seem like it in this thread but I didn't know about any of this until this thread and probably would have never of had been the wiser. I fill most of my time these day's with less propaganda and what I feel is more education from the likes of Jocko Willink, Jordan Peterson, Steven Rinella and books that actually inspire me to think and do things differently rather then react with an unnecessary emotion.

I can respect and understand where most of everyone here is coming from regardless of their side, but it doesn't mean I am going to agree with it.
    Last edited by Hodgie; February 12th, 2019 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I just watched as much of YM as I could stomach. When you declare the NRA the enemy, you're a fucking idiot.

Oddly, as he declares himself pure of heart, he's literally giving aid to our enemies. The NRA is responsible for the end of the careers of more of our enemies than all other 2A rights organizations combined. When our enemies are calling the NRA terrorists and you join their call vilifying the NRA, you are the fucking traitor.
    I agree he does get a bit stupid in that video. However I feel he is right about one thing that with the new super leftist representatives that are being elected like AOC who are openly clear with their full intent and hatred for the 2A there will be no compromising is and once they gain more power and support within their ranks. There wont be anything to bargain for if it's all been taken away in one swoop.
    Last edited by unclejumbo; February 12th, 2019 at 02:17 PM.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    That's what the whole social media thing is about including this site isn't it? Hell would Trump be president if it wasn't for reach and bullshit on social media? The sharing, exchanging and more often then not arguing about facts, lies, ideas or opinions some based on absolutely nothing, some based on individual experience.

Whether your watching a gun review or someones political views it's all just some guy saying something he personally believes. It's how personally or to heart the viewer chooses to take those views, and at this point I don't take many beyond what they actually are which is an opinion and more often then not bought and paid for. Beyond that they don't influence or shape my personal beliefs, choices beyond a purchase or opinions anymore then people's opinions on here that I may or may not agree with do.

Does that mean that I don't hear things that resonate or I agree with from some of these people? No I hear people say things I agree with all the time but again that's because I like most others tend to stick to my comfort zone or our little tribes so we can yell preach on from the back pew in the peanut gallery. I am not much of a follower and was never really a "membership" kind of guy so org's like the NRA were never my personal thing. Hell I was 1st forced to become a member if I wanted to shoot Hi power matches at a club in NJ. I am a life time member now on my own accord and I realize they do some good and they do some not so good and that's just the way it works with corporations and org's that are flooded with money especially in WDC.

I am sure there are things I do not agree with from the GOA and I defiantly don't agree with some of the latest things to come from the FOAC regarding the Pittsburgh rally. I still support them all when I see fit but I will still continue to criticize them if I see fit, as a supporting member I have that right. I don't consider holding people or org's that process my CC and take my money accountable for their actions or at least on the hook to provide a reasonable explanation even if I do not agree with it to their paying membership rather then a ration of BS press releases and insults from their paid spokesmen undermining them.

Lets face it the whole 3D Chess bull shit that was perpetuated for weeks by all their paid and non paid talking heads alike was an insult as well as a pathetic way to handle questions from their membership and they have been paying for it since. That's on them and not anyone else as far as I am concerned since we all make our own beds.

With millions of gun owners of all different ages, and backgrounds who all have instant access to a world voice via the internet it's ludicrous to believe that we are going to become a unified voice, under one banner especially if that banner is anything other then the Constitution and requires a yearly membership fee.

I personally have backed away from a lot of this shit, Yeah I know it doesn't seem like it in this thread but I didn't know about any of this until this thread and probably would have never of had been the wiser. I fill most of my time these day's with less propaganda and what I feel is more education from the likes of Jocko Willink, Jordan Peterson, Steven Rinella and books that actually inspire me to think and do things differently rather then react with an unnecessary emotion.

I can respect and understand where most of everyone is coming from but it doesn't mean I am going to agree with it.
    I respect that and I respect your opinion. I will disagree with you on one point regarding the NRA and bump-stocks. One of the things the NRA has always been is an "insider" when it comes to legislation, legislative priorities and vote counting. If their work revealed a lot of our 'friends" being down for some gun control after Vegas which I've read elsewhere was the case, then suggesting bump-stocks be thrown back to BATFE for reevaluation headed that off. Maybe it only would have been bump-stock legislation. Maybe it would have been binary triggers, cranks and host of other "we're not banning guns" accessories.

By doing what they did, (if you accept their reasoning, I know many don't) at a minimum, they provided a cooling down period for legislators to move on to other things. More than a year has passed and, at worst, bump stocks are banned. I personally don't believe that the executive action will stand up in court. The courts are quick to make sure the POTUS doesn't end up too powerful. Both Obama and Trump have been slapped down many times. And while our enemies will be quick to take up the ban bump-stock banner if it falls, I wonder how many of our "friends" will still be interested in the same.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I agree he does get a bit stupid in that video. However I feel he is right about one thing that with the new super leftist representatives that are being elected like AOC who are openly clear with their full intent and hatred for the 2A there will be no compromising is and once they gain more power and support within their ranks. There wont be anything to bargain for if it's all been taken away in one swoop.
    Frankly, if those people gain enough control over legislation to be a threat, we won't be worrying about anything but the bullet box to fix things. I've already read screeds from the commies in Cali that say that states rights trump the COTUS and regardless of Supreme Court rulings, they'll make and enforce gun laws as they see fit.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789