Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 84
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tioga County, Pennsylvania
    (Tioga County)
    Posts
    4,339
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Hickok 45 goes full fudd

    Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Yeah Hickok is all fine as long as he has his personal range, and a steady flow of free ammo, guns, and money flowing in.

    No surprises there.
    People want content and things to watch and he gets Federal ammo and can order stuff up from Bud's. If it's going to be your job, then in order to keep content flowing, those sorts of arrangements are necessary. He's always been above board on those arrangements, why anyone would have a beef with that to me would be nothing more than jealousy.

    For some reason there seems to be this expectation that people should work for free. As someone that sometimes will make videos to incorporate into training curriculum, it's a lot of work. I know in one case I did a 3 minute video that had about 40 hours of bulk video to sort through and edit. I know Hickok goes with one take but again there is a lot of work around that.

    What I don't like is pay per play type arrangements where something is posted as a "review" but the Youtuber has actually taken a cash payment and the gun from the manufacturer in exchange for the "review" which is actually a paid advert. If it's a paid advert, then people should know that up front. One prominent Youtuber got caught in that passing around his rate card at SHOT Show and I don't think his views ever recovered from that as people realized a lot of what they were watching labeled as "reviews" were actually not.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tioga County, Pennsylvania
    (Tioga County)
    Posts
    4,339
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Hickok 45 goes full fudd

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Yep, we all wish we could get paid to show up and speak somewhere.
    And, some of us do....

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Reading, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Age
    48
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    7175590

    Default Re: Hickok 45 goes full fudd

    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I've watched all of Paul Harrell's videos. He proves his points with evidence instead on mere conjecture like most other channels.
    I havenít watched Hickock45 since I started watching Paul Harrellís channel .....love his non biased scientific approach . Gotta thank JenniferG for enlightening me to his channel several moons ago.
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    lewistown, Pennsylvania
    (Mifflin County)
    Posts
    360
    Rep Power
    7902646

    Default Re: Hickok 45 goes full fudd

    Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Who does he think he is Ted Nugent?
    Yea really ...................

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    jersey shore, Pennsylvania
    (Lycoming County)
    Posts
    4,571
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Hickok 45 goes full fudd

    Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    People want content and things to watch and he gets Federal ammo and can order stuff up from Bud's. If it's going to be your job, then in order to keep content flowing, those sorts of arrangements are necessary. He's always been above board on those arrangements, why anyone would have a beef with that to me would be nothing more than jealousy.

    For some reason there seems to be this expectation that people should work for free. As someone that sometimes will make videos to incorporate into training curriculum, it's a lot of work. I know in one case I did a 3 minute video that had about 40 hours of bulk video to sort through and edit. I know Hickok goes with one take but again there is a lot of work around that.

    What I don't like is pay per play type arrangements where something is posted as a "review" but the Youtuber has actually taken a cash payment and the gun from the manufacturer in exchange for the "review" which is actually a paid advert. If it's a paid advert, then people should know that up front. One prominent Youtuber got caught in that passing around his rate card at SHOT Show and I don't think his views ever recovered from that as people realized a lot of what they were watching labeled as "reviews" were actually not.
    And you don't think he has a pay schedule for reviews? He's paid and paid well for his "opinions". I don't begrudge the guy for getting sponsors, that's what he chooses to do for a living. Saying people who don't agree with the NRA are imagining a conspiracy is way beyond anything like that. Saying people who don't want to compromise our rights away a piece at a time are the problem is way beyond that too. He has a lot of reach with 4 million subscribers, I guess I would hope he'd try and be a unifying figure for the gun community. I would hope he'd want to do somethings just because he wants to support the second amendment and not worry about collecting a check. It costs me money to go to rallies as it does most of us. I do it because I feel it's important. I don't think he feels the same way.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    lewistown, Pennsylvania
    (Mifflin County)
    Posts
    360
    Rep Power
    7902646

    Default Re: Hickok 45 goes full fudd

    Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    And you don't think he has a pay schedule for reviews? He's paid and paid well for his "opinions". I don't begrudge the guy for getting sponsors, that's what he chooses to do for a living. Saying people who don't agree with the NRA are imagining a conspiracy is way beyond anything like that. Saying people who don't want to compromise our rights away a piece at a time are the problem is way beyond that too. He has a lot of reach with 4 million subscribers, I guess I would hope he'd try and be a unifying figure for the gun community. I would hope he'd want to do somethings just because he wants to support the second amendment and not worry about collecting a check. It costs me money to go to rallies as it does most of us. I do it because I feel it's important. I don't think he feels the same way.
    Yes^^^^^

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    On top of a hill, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,725
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Hickok 45 goes full fudd

    Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    People want content and things to watch and he gets Federal ammo and can order stuff up from Bud's. If it's going to be your job, then in order to keep content flowing, those sorts of arrangements are necessary. He's always been above board on those arrangements, why anyone would have a beef with that to me would be nothing more than jealousy.

    For some reason there seems to be this expectation that people should work for free. As someone that sometimes will make videos to incorporate into training curriculum, it's a lot of work. I know in one case I did a 3 minute video that had about 40 hours of bulk video to sort through and edit. I know Hickok goes with one take but again there is a lot of work around that.

    What I don't like is pay per play type arrangements where something is posted as a "review" but the Youtuber has actually taken a cash payment and the gun from the manufacturer in exchange for the "review" which is actually a paid advert. If it's a paid advert, then people should know that up front. One prominent Youtuber got caught in that passing around his rate card at SHOT Show and I don't think his views ever recovered from that as people realized a lot of what they were watching labeled as "reviews" were actually not.
    I donít care how anyone makes a buck as long as itís honest, I donít expect him or anyone to work for free, and Iím not the jealous type, heís just not hot enough for that. .

    Heís proven himself to be a bit of a dick over the years especially the last few. He did that all by himself by speaking on his channel and as a person who viewed it I came to this conclusion all by myself and moved on to better content.

    I very much believe what Justin has eluded to because it echos what other content creators who have heard him speak at private engagements have said about him which alone makes him a huge dick. Then thereís what I said Back on page 1 of this thread.
    Last edited by Hodgie; February 11th, 2019 at 10:29 PM.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    jersey shore, Pennsylvania
    (Lycoming County)
    Posts
    4,571
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Hickok 45 goes full fudd

    Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I don’t care how anyone makes a buck as long as it’s honest, I don’t expect him or anyone to work for free, and I’m not the jealous type, he’s just not hot enough for that. .

    He’s proven himself to be a bit of a dick over the years especially the last few. He did that all by himself by speaking on his channel and as a person who viewed it I came to this conclusion all by myself and moved on to better content. I believe what Judtin has eluded to which echos what other content creators who have heard him speak in private have said about him which alone makes him a huge dick. Then there’s what I said Back on page 1 of this thread.
    I've heard stories from others on YouTube as well and they don't cast him in a very positive light. I won't bring them up because I wasn't there and would be passing them on third party. I have no reason to not believe them though and it's been more than one person who has said similar things.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    523
    Rep Power
    11450557

    Default Re: Hickok 45 goes full fudd

    Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I donít care how anyone makes a buck as long as itís honest, I donít expect him or anyone to work for free, and Iím not the jealous type, heís just not hot enough for that. .

    Heís proven himself to be a bit of a dick over the years especially the last few. He did that all by himself by speaking on his channel and as a person who viewed it I came to this conclusion all by myself and moved on to better content. I believe what Judtin has eluded to which echos what other content creators who have heard him speak in private have said about him which alone makes him a huge dick. Then thereís what I said Back on page 1 of this thread.
    I don't find him to be a dishonest reviewer. It's just he never has anything bad to say, and takes an hour to do it.

    I think I find that good reviews for any product to be rare. On one spectrum, you have the people that never say anything bad. Most gun reviews end up on this end of the spectrum (people like Hickok). Then you have the people that over-exaggerate things and make up criticisms just to generate publicity and views (MAC). The good stuff is usually between those two extremes, and there's not too many people there. I find that, if you're lucky, you'll get some soft criticism from sootch00 or JustinOpinion.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chippewa, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Posts
    3,192
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Hickok 45 goes full fudd

    I don't really like YM, and haven't followed him in a long time, but I do like his response and I agree with his "you're either with us, or against us" approach, since as I indicated during the Pittsburgh build up, that's where I am now. I have no time for those that would undermine us.

    Life has a melody.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hickok 45 is age restricted content?
    By marinville in forum General
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: October 14th, 2017, 01:04 PM
  2. Hickok 45 on SYG
    By PennStateCarry in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 18th, 2014, 11:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops