Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Crossbreed Seconds

Anybody have any experience with Crossbreed Seconds? I ordered a horsehide supertuck for my g17 for $45 shipped.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Default Re: Crossbreed Seconds

Personally I'm not a fan of their firsts but I feel that way about all hybrid holsters. They have been making them longer then anyone else so it should be well built.

I should add that I did own one at one time and it was well made and nicely finished.
    Last edited by Hodgie; February 11th, 2019 at 02:30 PM.

(Delaware County)

No holster experience, but I picked up a belt for $35 and my coworker picked up one for $30 last week. They both came in over the weekend and are very nice for the price.

(Bucks County)

I have been purchasing from crossbreed seconds for years now and the most recent was two months ago. I will also continue for all of my carry guns.

(Centre County)

If they are like a lot of "seconds" you will probably have to look VERY closely to try to find what made it a "second". I picked up a nice blemished leather belt from an Amish harness shop (double thickness, very nicely stitched, nice color, great belt for a holster, no sag or deformation after wearing it pretty regularly for over a year now). I looked at it HARD for several minutes and then saw a very, very small blemish. Asked the shop owner if that is why it was a blem. He said yes. I had to look hard to find it but he could spot it in a heartbeat. Oh, it cost me $15.00.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Erie County)

I have. Like new.

(Chester County)

I got my holster and it looks brand new. There is a slight scratch on the leather behind the holster covers but it doesn’t affect function and is barely noticeable.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Allegheny County)

I have to say, I never heard of Crossbreed-Seconds until this post, so I got on the website and found a belt in my size, so I ordered it.
    It came in the mail 3 days later (free shipping) I checked the belt closely and cannot find anything that would make it a seconds, (maybe returned for wrong size?)
    With this one order, I give them a thumbs up. btw the belt was $15.00, on Crossbreed's sight it's listed at $74.95.

(Delaware County)

Usually the seconds are ones that people bought and returned within the “Two Week, Try it Free Guarantee” time frame. In my opinion, its a great way to get a really nice belt and a very good price.

(Westmoreland County)

I have a gun belt, plus at least 4 super tuck hybrid holsters, all from their "Blem" list. It was a bit funky, you used to have to post in a forum thread that you wanted a certain item number on the list, they would respond that it was being held for you, and then you had like, 5 days to send cash only in an envelope for the item. Whatever, it always worked out, and I could never even find any indications on the items I bought what made them a blem item. I have worn my belt every day for YEARS now and it is my daily belt as well as carry both IWB and OWB with it. the Supertucks I ordered were for my G23, a Sig 238 that I now use for my 938, an M&P 45 and a J-frame.