Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Mifflin County)

Default Re: Call Fitzpatrick's Office NO HB8! - He is endorsing Universal and worse

Emailed Him .

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Call Fitzpatrick's Office NO HB8! - He is endorsing Universal and worse

Awesome!

Keep it up. Make sure he knows we are paying attention.

(Bucks County)

Called on my way home, the secretary took my name (asked to spell the last) and zip code. Gave a short but intense tirade about the lack of representation of his voting constituents, how we're forced to vote for him as presumably the least worst, but if he keeps jumping on board with the progressive* erosion of our rights, he'll be losing me next go around. It's almost better to vote D over him, at least you know what you're getting.
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

(Bucks County)

Great job keep calling!

(Bucks County)

Make the calls!

H.R. 8 criminalizes the private transfer of firearms and targets law-abiding gun owners for persecution. It would make criminals out of law-abiding gun owners for simply loaning a firearm to a friend or some family members. This bill would not stop criminals from obtaining guns because criminals do not comply with the law. And the legislation would be unenforceable without federal gun registration.

H.R. 1112 would allow the government to arbitrarily deny firearm purchases for law-abiding Americans. The legislation creates an unworkable system where gun buyers could be placed in an endless loop of background checks and would never actually receive the firearms they wish to purchase.

It’s imperative that you take action now to stop this ineffective and unenforceable gun control. Please use this link to let your elected officials know that you won’t be blamed for the actions of violent criminals. Ask your Representative to oppose H.R. 8 and H.R 1112. Additionally, you may call your U.S. Representative using the Capitol switchboard at 202-224-3121.
    Thank you.

Emailed
    ΑΣΦ

(Bucks County)

From Sebastian

Feb 26, 2019Posted by Sebastian in Anti-Gun Folks | 6 comments
    H.R. 8 and H.R. 1112 Vote Happening This Week

The Dems could have had “universal background checks” years ago if that’s what they actually wanted, but they don’t. This is not an accident. It’s part of the plan. So take action now. Even the people cosponsoring the bill need to hear from us. The H.R. 1112, if you haven’t heard of it, will increase the waiting period under the Brady Act from 3 to 20 days. The default proceed was placed in the Brady Act to prevent the government just halting all gun sales by shutting down NICS. It’s an important safeguard. Also, once it’s 20, it’ll be 30, and then no time limit. All the government has to do is refuse to conduct background checks and no one will be able to buy a gun. This could be done by executive fiat, especially if he or she were to declare an “emergency” on guns, as Pelosi has suggested.
    I think we need to start looking at overhauling the whole system, personally. Instead of a dealer running a background check on you, you run one on yourself. You could set up kiosks at FFLs. The “all clear” it prints out has a QR code on it that allows the check to be verified as genuine and belonging to the person it was issued to. So all you need to do is verify the identity of that person. For people who don’t want to keep going through that, make the Type 03 FFL apply to collectors of all firearms. I’d even be willing to trade a limit of, say, 20 transfers a year that can be done on a type 3, with more than that requiring a type 1 or 2, which we don’t restrict in the manner we do today.
    But they would never go for this. Because the purpose of these bills is not to ensure every sale gets a background check. The goal is to frustrate you out of exercising your rights in the first place.
    Related posts (automatically generated):

1. A New Brady Blog Feature
    2. Fact Check Site “Politifact” Fails to Get It, Again
    3. Alias or Sockpuppet?

(Bucks County)

Make the calls send emails!

From Sebastian

Feb 26, 2019Posted by Sebastian in Anti-Gun Folks | 6 comments
    H.R. 8 and H.R. 1112 Vote Happening This Week

The Dems could have had “universal background checks” years ago if that’s what they actually wanted, but they don’t. This is not an accident. It’s part of the plan. So take action now. Even the people cosponsoring the bill need to hear from us. The H.R. 1112, if you haven’t heard of it, will increase the waiting period under the Brady Act from 3 to 20 days. The default proceed was placed in the Brady Act to prevent the government just halting all gun sales by shutting down NICS. It’s an important safeguard. Also, once it’s 20, it’ll be 30, and then no time limit. All the government has to do is refuse to conduct background checks and no one will be able to buy a gun. This could be done by executive fiat, especially if he or she were to declare an “emergency” on guns, as Pelosi has suggested.
    I think we need to start looking at overhauling the whole system, personally. Instead of a dealer running a background check on you, you run one on yourself. You could set up kiosks at FFLs. The “all clear” it prints out has a QR code on it that allows the check to be verified as genuine and belonging to the person it was issued to. So all you need to do is verify the identity of that person. For people who don’t want to keep going through that, make the Type 03 FFL apply to collectors of all firearms. I’d even be willing to trade a limit of, say, 20 transfers a year that can be done on a type 3, with more than that requiring a type 1 or 2, which we don’t restrict in the manner we do today.
    But they would never go for this. Because the purpose of these bills is not to ensure every sale gets a background check. The goal is to frustrate you out of exercising your rights in the first place.
    Related posts (automatically generated):

1. A New Brady Blog Feature
    2. Fact Check Site “Politifact” Fails to Get It, Again
    3. Alias or Sockpuppet?

(Bucks County)

Do you believe this --!

How could he support the second amendment in one breath and vote to further restrict the rights of the people?

AND this was sent today after he voted. Almost as if to say yea.. I don't give a crap about the phone calls..

Even CNN and other politicians admitted this would not have saved any lives.

They don't care about the facts, stats, or the law.. only about the end game of disarming the public.

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to H.R. 8, the Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019. I greatly appreciate your input on this matter.

Like you, I am a strong proponent of the Second Amendment. Frequently, we can read stories of brave Americans exercising their Second Amendment rights to protect themselves and others from potential harm. I fully recognize and appreciate the important role the Second Amendment plays in the lives of law-abiding citizens.

I also recognize that to keep these same law-abiding citizens safe, it is imperative to prevent criminals and radical terrorists from getting their hands on firearms. In order to accomplish that, I support enhanced background checks; however, I do not support a national registry or the banning of all private sales, as these concepts could infringe upon the Second Amendment.

To stay active on this and any other issues affecting you or your family, please visit my website at http://fitzpatrick.house.gov and sign up for my e-newsletter. You are always welcome to contact my congressional office in Washington at 202.225.4276.

It is an honor to serve you in Congress.

Sincerely,

Brian Fitzpatrick
    Member of Congress

(Bucks County)

What a piece of human garbage. He needs to get primaried out. He doesn't support his voting base or his party.
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast