Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Questions re Daniel Defense DD5V1

DD has a slick AR-type 308/7.62 for an MSRP of $3000+.

The barrel and rail attach to the receiver by 4 bolts via a proprietary 4-bolt barrel extension system.

I'm a little surprised .308 is the only offered caliber. Someone I know plans on buying one with the hopes they will come out with a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel in the future.

He contacted the company and was told that, while it has no plans for a 6.5 barrel at the moment, the demand will probably be met eventually.

I noticed the left side of the DD receiver has an outline of a bullet with 7.62 within it. Since many AR receivers are stamped multi-caliber, I'm wondering if attaching a 6.5 barrel to a receiver marked 7.62 would create legal issues for the company. If so, I don't see a 6.5 in the future for a 7.62 receiver.

Thoughts?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Somerset County)

Default Re: Questions re Daniel Defense DD5V1

A lot of other manufactures offer the 6.5 and they would be wise to offer it as well

If I were your friend I would STRONGLY consider the LMT MWS over the DD. Quick change barrel system, both .308 and 6.5 offered. They are very accurate and reliable. I would recommend over the DD all day if he is spending 3k

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Questions re Daniel Defense DD5V1

They could simply remark new receivers if they offered 6.5 from factory. I don’t see it as a big deal at all. And for already sold receivers, no issue, I have a receiver stamped 5.56 that can take 300 Blackout upper.

I own one, love it. Actually wanted 308 instead of 6.5 right now but future choices would be nice.

Tanners by us has them on sale right now for $1,775.