Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Clearfield County)

Default Re: Electric provider in Elk Co?

I live not far from ridgway and have west penn power as my provider. I can’t imagine them being cheaper than United electric!! I know what several of my friends who have United pay and obviously what I pay monthly. It’s not an apples to apples comparison but I know they are generally paying quite less if that helps any.

Default Re: Electric provider in Elk Co?

Quote Originally Posted by 03SVTCobra View Post
    Yeah it's just outside of Ridgway twp, technically in Spring Creek twp but the mailing address is still Ridgway. That's what i kinda figured I was just hoping there'd be a slim chance of an alternative lol. The bills now are pretty high because i leave the baseboard heat on 52ish even though I winterized all the traps and drained the system down in the basement. i've been mulling the idea of just shutting the whole panel off when i leave after deer season but i just dunno... i'd like to hear if anyone does shut their whole place down for the winter if you have plumbing? the only thing i keep on on the panle is a outlet for a light on a timer, the electric baseboard and i have a dehumidifier in the basement.
    My family has a camp and shuts it down after deer season. RV antifreeze in the traps, water shut down, etc...

I am not sure if your place has "the camp smell" as we call it, but if you shut the heat down, it is definitely going to get that musty smell in time. We replaced all carpeting with LVT a few years back when we went through a pretty major remodel, and the smell is back. I do t think you can escape it in a structure that isn't heated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12