Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rural King +2A

Default Re: Rural King +2A

I really like RK's actual tractor supplies vs Tractor Supply. It's as if Tractor Supply has everything except tractor supplies. RK is also where I bought my chain saw.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

This is the store I posted about awhile ago that had a set of fuzzy ones to continue to post Ar’s for sale in their paper ads - kudos again to them for their latest post. I will continue to shop there in future for sure .

(Clearfield County)

Yes, I love Rural King. They have dirt cheap motor oil and much better priced car batteries too.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Yes, I love Rural King. They have dirt cheap motor oil and much better priced car batteries too.
    Don't forget the free endless supply of popcorn ...................................... I love this store

I'm a big fan of this store. Their deals on guns can be pretty good too. They have a website specifically for their firearm business. RKGuns.com

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinR View Post
    Good to know; this was in PA but really didn't know the PICS vs NICS thing in PA - I thought it went through both systems.

Anyway, I wasn't part of their conversation, just overheard stuff, and the guy behind the counter said it's company policy to not release without a proceed.

Now the question becomes is this a national policy or just a PA policy because of the PICS timeframe.

After 15 days, if you don't hear from PICS is it a default approval?
    PICS does interact with the NICS along with other systems in PA. The release after 3 days is allowed in states that use NICS (there are states that have their own systems like PA does and their laws vary about releasing a firearm when there is no response after a certain many days).

Typically the PSP will have an answer one way or the other before the 15 day time rolls around. If they don't, they are supposed to contact the FFL to ask if they can exceed the 15 day limit (it happened to me once, they got their answer late on the 15th day and asked me if my customer could wait until day 16 to get the approval number).

If the FFL has not heard anything by day 15, they should be calling the PSP (PICS) to find out what is going on. As far as I know, there is no provision (but I'll check to make sure) to release a firearm if there is no answer on day 15.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I really like RK's actual tractor supplies vs Tractor Supply. It's as if Tractor Supply has everything except tractor supplies. RK is also where I bought my chain saw.
    I like RK's chinesium .50cal ammo cans that I bought a couple years ago.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Allegheny County)

Rural King - yep, good store. My wife and I found the one in Washington PA last fall, we had been getting Rural King flyers to our house and didn't know anything about the store. Drove down to check it out - really liked it, plus it is a dog friendly store so our Boston gets to go with us (that way she can help carry stuff out to the car... )
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Every six months or so, they put 50cal ammo cans on sale for $9-$10, and you get free shipping on orders over $50 (I think - maybe it was $75). They're not American surplus - Chinese made, I'd guess - but they are sturdy and airtight and work very well. And having a bunch of empty ammo cans is good incentive to go buy more ammo

(Chester County)

No RK's around here but I have plenty of gun stores to go to. Tractor Supply is just so-so and if I need parts for my Tractors I use Jack's Small Engine online.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast