Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rural King +2A

Default Rural King +2A

I'm glad I have a RK nearby.

Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Rural King +2A

Wish there was one near here, I'd spend some money there.

(Berks County)

Nice! They should offer a small discount to people who open carry inside their store too. Just 1 or 2% should work.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Thanks for posting that. They opened a store up near where I live and I bought a new pistol there last month at a very reasonable price. I have been there twice since then and since they are strong 2nd Amendment supporters I will keep that in mind when I need something else.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Berks County)

I hope they build one nearby so I can patronize it.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Allegheny County)

They're pretty good, and have great gun specials. Their normal prices are OK, but when they put something on markdown they have to be using it as a loss leader.

In December of 17 I picked up an Armscor 1911A1 10mm for under $400 ($389 IIRC). They're the only place that carries it, I'm pretty sure it's a distributor exclusive.

But when picking that up, there was another guy there trying to pick a gun up that was on NICS delay - RK will not release a gun without a NICS proceed, even after 72 hrs is up.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinR View Post
    But when picking that up, there was another guy there trying to pick a gun up that was on NICS delay - RK will not release a gun without a NICS proceed, even after 72 hrs is up.
    Was this in PA? Firearms dealers in PA can only use PICS for firearms transfers, they are not authorized to use NICS for transfers (other than for suppressors because PA does not consider suppressors as firearms). In PA you get approved, denied or put into research. When in research the firearm cannot be released until the person is approved and the PSP has 15 days to approve or deny anyone on a placed in research status. The NICS transfer after 3 days does not come into play in PA at all.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustinR View Post
    They're pretty good, and have great gun specials. Their normal prices are OK, but when they put something on markdown they have to be using it as a loss leader.

In December of 17 I picked up an Armscor 1911A1 10mm for under $400 ($389 IIRC). They're the only place that carries it, I'm pretty sure it's a distributor exclusive.

I was at the Butler store last year and overheard what I thought sounded like a straw purchase attempt. The guy at the counter started asking more questions and finally turned the couple away. Seems the girl was going to pay for a gun to give her guy. Big no-no.
    Ragged Hole Manufacturer

(Allegheny County)

I recently stumbled upon the Rural King in Washington county after leaving the Antique store near it. Picked up 5 pmags, a 40 gal. propane tank and some Muckmaster boots. They have lots of great stuff there. I will stop in every time I'm down that way.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Was this in PA? Firearms dealers in PA can only use PICS for firearms transfers, they are not authorized to use NICS for transfers (other than for suppressors because PA does not consider suppressors as firearms). In PA you get approved, denied or put into research. When in research the firearm cannot be released until the person is approved and the PSP has 15 days to approve or deny anyone on a placed in research status. The NICS transfer after 3 days does not come into play in PA at all.
    Good to know; this was in PA but really didn't know the PICS vs NICS thing in PA - I thought it went through both systems.

Anyway, I wasn't part of their conversation, just overheard stuff, and the guy behind the counter said it's company policy to not release without a proceed.

Now the question becomes is this a national policy or just a PA policy because of the PICS timeframe.

After 15 days, if you don't hear from PICS is it a default approval?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast