Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Re: No guns for Hispanics?

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    What about Celtic Spaniards?

Are they considered Hispanic or white?

This is all way too confusing.
    BOTH! Hispanic is not a race and European Spaniards are Caucasians. BTW Europe was once largely Celtic from Northern Italy, west to the Iberian Peninsula and north to the British Isles. The tribes of Gaul that Caesar fought and the tribes of Germany that wiped out Varus at Teutoburger Wald and those who painted themselves blue and followed Boudica in her revolt against the Roman occupation of Britain were all Celts, as were many of the Iberian mercenaries that followed Hannibal over the Alps.

BTW notice hte Spanish bagpipes lack the "drone" found on Scottish pipes.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Wait, what Hispanic? I have ancestors that are black Irish. As a matter of fact my family name is derived from a Spanish name because my ancestor could swim and found a nice Irish lady to help him out after he got ashore. Does that make me Hispanic black Irish white Celtic with red hair then? Where the heck is that on the 4473? I feel excluded. Now that I'm transitioning to Korean I might begin to feel inclusive. Oh wait, I might not be able to get into an Ivy League College because I'm Asian now. Geez, this is confusing.
    Black Irish were those descended from survivors or the Spanish Armada. The Irish have always been a very welcoming people and not for nothing, there are some historians who propose that the Korean folk are the result of mixing between a Mongolian tribe and a Caucasian tribe (review the Tangun legend were Prince Tangun the first Korean is the offspring of a dragon and a bear. Remember the Dragon is the totem of many Mongol and Han tribes and the Bear is the totem of the Ainu, a white tribe of northern Japan). During my tenure in Korea I met a female ROK Navy officer, a young and attractive red haired woman of pure Korean descent. So learn the language well you might just fit in!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    What about Celtic Spaniards?

Are they considered Hispanic or white?

This is all way too confusing.

Where is that? At first I wanted to say Asturias, but I am sure the women's outfit had more red. So I am not sure.
    IANAL MPMO VIVA CUBA LIBRE

(Berks County)

They don't need guns because hubcaps don't fight back.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrat View Post
    They don't need guns because hubcaps don't fight back.
    How do you tell if a Puerto Rican has some polish in him? He tries to steal the hubcaps from a moving car.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    How do you tell if a Puerto Rican has some polish in him? He tries to steal the hubcaps from a moving car.
    The version I heard was “Why are black people such good break dancers?”

(Susquehanna County)

On the subject of bagpipes and pipers watch this for few minutes. BTW these appear to be all private bands not Regimentals!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by elweasel View Post
    Where is that? At first I wanted to say Asturias, but I am sure the women's outfit had more red. So I am not sure.
    Somewhere in Gallegoland. I can't find where I got it from.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    You can't buy a gun from an FFL without completing a 4473. You can be prosecuted for any incorrect statements on the 4473.

You are required to answer BOTH 10a and 10b on the 4473. For me, it's easy; I'm not Hispanic (10a) and I'm white (10b).

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/44...53009/download

What if you ARE Hispanic? OK, you answer 10a "Hispanic or Latino". So far, so good.

Then you ALSO MUST ANSWER 10b. Your choices are:
    - American Indian or Alaska Native
    - Asian
    - Black or African American
    - Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander
    - White

There's no "brown" option in there. None of those choices are legally accurate for our Hispanic/Latino protagonist, but you MUST pick one or more. Those are the instructions and current ATF policy.

My guess is that if you select both "white" and "black", you end up with a mix roughly equal to "brown".
    Hispanic is a cultural affiliation, not a race. Hispanics can be of any race...and “brown” is not a race.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    White is the correct answer. When we have to make arrest records, Hispanics are listed as white. They are recognized as white by law.
    Unless you are black like Minnie Minoso, Teofilo Stevenson, Orlando Cepeda, Manny Ramirez, Celia Cruz....

Or Asian Hispanic like Alberto Fujimori, oR Asian-Black Hispanic like Bruno Mars.

The problem is that Hispanic is a Nationality. It means you were born is a Spanish Speaking country. Black, white, etc are races with certain distinguishable and visible and genetic and pyysical charecteristics.

That’s like asking are you right handed or from Alabama? It’s a messy question.
    Last edited by Don Quixote; February 11th, 2019 at 09:34 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast