Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cz Shadow 2

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Cz Shadow 2

I never said the two had anything to do with one another! Your lack of understanding that doesn’t surprise me you lower hammers manually. As I said....FOOLHARDY!

Some learn things are WRONG later than others.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

(Allegheny County)

Very few people that shoot CZs competitively have decockers on them. The Shadow 2 specifically is designed for USPSA Production where you must start decocked, and it does not have a decocker.

Guess what you have to do in order to do that?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    Very few people that shoot CZs competitively have decockers on them. The Shadow 2 specifically is designed for USPSA Production where you must start decocked, and it does not have a decocker.

Guess what you have to do in order to do that?
    Yes, because the decocker mechanism makes the entire hammer/trigger assembly more complicated and more difficult to get as good a trigger as without one. Also the firing pin block is another thing that gets removed.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    I never said the two had anything to do with one another! Your lack of understanding that doesn’t surprise me you lower hammers manually. As I said....FOOLHARDY!

Some learn things are WRONG later than others.
    Let me guess. The 1911 is the greatest firearm ever designed right?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    It would be if it had a decocker.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Yes, because the decocker mechanism makes the entire hammer/trigger assembly more complicated and more difficult to get as good a trigger as without one. Also the firing pin block is another thing that gets removed.
    Yep, just like how people prefer Series 70 1911s over 80.

Anyways, the point I was trying to make was, there's a crap ton of people out there thumbing their CZs down perfectly safely. You just need to do it the right way...

-Keep it pointed in a safe direction
    -Put your thumb between the hammer and the firing pin
    -Pull the trigger only long enough to capture the hammer off the sear with your thumb, don't hold it down the whole time
    -Once you catch the hammer, ease the hammer down to the decock notch.
    -Most importantly, keep it pointed in a safe direction

That being said, my DA/SA gun of choice (HK USP) has a decocker :P

(Lehigh County)

Just got back from shooting ~100 rounds through the CZ, I need to adjust the sights a bit and get a lot more practice in as my own skills are a bit rusty, but the gun does its part.

Shot from ~15 yards, first mag through it. Now I just need to get another 500 rounds of practice ammo to bring up my proficiency.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    Just got back from shooting ~100 rounds through the CZ, I need to adjust the sights a bit and get a lot more practice in as my own skills are a bit rusty, but the gun does its part.

Shot from ~15 yards, first mag through it. Now I just need to get another 500 rounds of practice ammo to bring up my proficiency.
    UMMM Not to criticize, but take a good look at one of the bullseye shooter references that analyses your groups. As I read your target I see some that appear to be from dropping you hand low (roughly 6 o'clock) as the shot fires and many others (low left, roughly 7 o'clock). I have a factory built Shadow in SA I have to admit it has the best trigger of ANY handgun I've ever shot. BUT it is very easy to over-power the trigger and jerk a shot or more fun yet double while recovering from recoil! Before you adjust the sights review your basics! Typically I have to practice for a month before I can do well with it in a match.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    UMMM Not to criticize, but take a good look at one of the bullseye shooter references that analyses your groups. As I read your target I see some that appear to be from dropping you hand low (roughly 6 o'clock) as the shot fires and many others (low left, roughly 7 o'clock). I have a factory built Shadow in SA I have to admit it has the best trigger of ANY handgun I've ever shot. BUT it is very easy to over-power the trigger and jerk a shot or more fun yet double while recovering from recoil! Before you adjust the sights review your basics! Typically I have to practice for a month before I can do well with it in a match.
    No doubt! This is why I haven't yet adjusted the sights, I'm going to put at least 50 rounds through it from a bench rest to get a baseline for mechanical accuracy before I fiddle with the sights. I agree that I'm the most likely the cause of any inaccuracy.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    I’m not sure exactly what you are after.(or, rather implying with that). Do
    I think the 1911 is a great firearm? Of course. It’s design has spawned probably 99% of all other autos. (Tilting barrel locking action). I build 1911s & I’ve owned several. Currently I have only one though..the last one I built in fact. And I set up specifically for 45 Super. But I don’t prefer carrying a 1911. I carry & prefer a striker fire pistol. I also prefer 9mm over anything else, for carry.

So, did I just shatter your entire narrative? I guess the implication was that I am one the “1911 or NOTHING” crowd? LOL. Nope! Wrong one sport.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast