Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Columbia County)

Default Re: My Letter to the NRA

I agree the NRA should take more aggressive actions in defending the second amendment here in PA, especially with the Pittsburgh issue on the forefront. I also agree that these trinkets and free gifts they give out as an incentive to join or to renew a membership are a giant waste of money.
    However I see another problem that the NRA, GOA or any pro gun right group can’t solve. That is, we need to get more pro second amendment candidates that have a chance to win an election and we need to get them elected.
    Everyone complaining about Bob Casey doing a complete 180 on gun rights after Sandy hook, yet he won the 2018 race without even doing much. No one was really excited about the GOP candidate for governor either.
    In 2020 there are two positions that up for election on the state level that can affect gun rights. They are the Attorney general and the Auditor general. With all the attention the AG office got with the Catholic church scandal it doesn’t look like we will see a change. As far as the Auditor general, most voters probably don’t even know that position exists.
    With weak candidates and gun owner voter apathy what can the NRA or any gun lobby do?

(Erie County)

I love the "your membership has expired" Since it doesn't expire until 2021

(Montgomery County)

I agree with most of what is said here. Especially the calls and the free stuff the giveaway. They could save tons just by killing that program. Being the communist state of NJ, the NRA has stepped in here and there, so I know they do it. We know the NRA is the largest org "defending" our rights. Consider all the legislation being introduced in all of the states around the country. One organization cannot possibly defend all of it at one time. Trust me I am not taking the NRA's side, but that's a tall order. NY, NJ, Oregon are front and center because of recent laws passed or laws being considered.

I would never rely on any organization to get this done on their own. The anti's know NRA, SAF, GOA can't handle everything all at once. WE have to be loud enough to get their attention. Until all the gun cliques come together as one to stand up here in the state, it just won't be big enough in PA because currently the state is at a pretty decent spot with 2a rights compared to a lot of other states. The Pittsburgh issue is gaining some traction nationally, so I wouldn't be surprised if help appeared if Pedildo actually signs something.

This is a Constitutional Republic and it is up to "We The People" to make change happen.
    Eddie

Well said. I hope you do get a response.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12