Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default My Letter to the NRA

To whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter because I am continually getting calls about contributing money and re-instating my NRA membership. I had originally signed up for a lifetime membership and unfortunately my means of payment became void.

At this time I am on the fence about renewing it due to the lack of action from the NRA in fighting for and protecting my rights as an American citizen. The NRA is continually boasting about how it needs money. I see T-Shirts, Magazines, Jackets and such continually up for grabs. Why is money going towards entertainment like that instead of fighting for my rights? A person, such as myself, could care less for trinkets and entertainment. I'm not interested in being charmed like a snake.

Governor Tom Wolf is currently pushing an unconstitutional assault weapons ban in the state of Pennsylvania in violation of the Federal and State Second Amendments. An ERPO measure was already passed in violation of the Fourth. During all of this, and all of last year, the NRA did not once step up to the plate, even remotely, to fight for our rights in this state. All I ever see is Joshua Prince standing alone on the battlefield with nobody coming to back him. Where are you?

In the four years that I have lived up in Pennsylvania, with all the talk of more gun control coming from Bloomberg, New York and New Jersey, I have not once heard anything from the NRA. This state is one of the front lines in the fight for our rights. Where are you? Why are you not doing anything? Why are you supporting gun control measures and ignoring your constituents?

Believe it or not, I'd actually like to hear back from someone on this issue because the phone calls and lack of action are becoming a major source of irritation for me. Should the NRA take action and start fighting for our rights again, I'd be very happy to renew my membership. I don't give money away for nothing.

Default Re: My Letter to the NRA

Should you get a response, I, for one, would like to know what it was.

(Clinton County)

But hey, they support Sunday hunting!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    Should you get a response, I, for one, would like to know what it was.
    Me too. I'm incredibly upset with what's been going on with the NRA. They've turned into a damn union and Wayne LaPierre is Hoffa.

The generic answer, if you get one, will be the NRA works nationally not in state, or something along those lines.

......Until something pro 2A begins making its way through the system. Then they'll swoop in and take credit or fuck the process up by introducing their version to make it look like it was their idea and hard work.

I never received replies. Not even generic responses. Just more pleas for money.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    The generic answer, if you get one, will be the NRA works nationally not in state, or something along those lines.

......Until something pro 2A begins making its way through the system. Then they'll swoop in and take credit or fuck the process up by introducing their version to make it look like it was their idea and hard work.

I never received replies. Not even generic responses. Just more pleas for money.
    gets old, doesn't it?

biggest positive to them, anymore... they are the target, while all the other organizations try to make shit happen.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Wyoming County)

OP,
    I don't know to whom you addressed your message, but if you were a current member I would recommend sending one to a Board member (Board of Directors).

Adam Kraut aka (Super Moose here on PAFOA) also running for a B.O.D. seat has been very helpful with providing addresses etc. for members wishing to help steer the ship.

If you aren't currently a member then I doubt your issues will make it any further than the round filing cabinet
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Allegheny County)

OP gets rep for directing his displeasure to the people who need to hear it rather than just bitching to the interwebs.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    But hey, they support Sunday hunting!
    You must must spread some reputation around.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dsparil View Post
    To whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter because I am continually getting calls about contributing money and re-instating my NRA membership. I had originally signed up for a lifetime membership and unfortunately my means of payment became void.

At this time I am on the fence about renewing it due to the lack of action from the NRA in fighting for and protecting my rights as an American citizen. The NRA is continually boasting about how it needs money. I see T-Shirts, Magazines, Jackets and such continually up for grabs. Why is money going towards entertainment like that instead of fighting for my rights? A person, such as myself, could care less for trinkets and entertainment. I'm not interested in being charmed like a snake.

Governor Tom Wolf is currently pushing an unconstitutional assault weapons ban in the state of Pennsylvania in violation of the Federal and State Second Amendments. An ERPO measure was already passed in violation of the Fourth. During all of this, and all of last year, the NRA did not once step up to the plate, even remotely, to fight for our rights in this state. All I ever see is Joshua Prince standing alone on the battlefield with nobody coming to back him. Where are you?

In the four years that I have lived up in Pennsylvania, with all the talk of more gun control coming from Bloomberg, New York and New Jersey, I have not once heard anything from the NRA. This state is one of the front lines in the fight for our rights. Where are you? Why are you not doing anything? Why are you supporting gun control measures and ignoring your constituents?

Believe it or not, I'd actually like to hear back from someone on this issue because the phone calls and lack of action are becoming a major source of irritation for me. Should the NRA take action and start fighting for our rights again, I'd be very happy to renew my membership. I don't give money away for nothing.
    Good job

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast