Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Where to get truck worked on (level, tires, wheels) in/near Montco?

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Took my daughters car there for brake work because I just didn’t have the time. They had all four wheels off the car to do four rotors and pads. Never test drove the car. Had a horrible screech when I picked it up. Took them three days to figure out they left out the anti-squeal pads. Also, without asking me, they rotated the tires, not balanced, just rotated and only charged me forty bucks for it. FORTY bucks to roll the tires eight feet each and put them back on the car.

Dishonest is the word that comes closest to describing them.
    Hmmmm, that's a ringing endorsement, can you write a letter of recommendation for my old boss' bastard kid too?

That right there is the power of the internet, random Joe Blow (I mean that matter of factly as it pertains to you & I's level of acquaintance, not pejoratively) shares his anecdote and I'm thinking no way I touch this place with a ten foot pole.

Quote Originally Posted by BearTHIS View Post
    Are you in any way affiliated or simply friends of this place/ownership? Or just a happy customer? I don't mean to come off like an ass, just honest due diligence.
    . Happy customer and friend. I have known them for about 18 years. Joe and Brian are brothers. I have no business interest in the shop. They do quality work. One time they saved me on a 1k bill. An animal chewed through some wires and fried the computer. Because of them my insurance covered it.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BearTHIS View Post
    Hmmmm, that's a ringing endorsement, can you write a letter of recommendation for my old boss' bastard kid too?

That right there is the power of the internet, random Joe Blow (I mean that matter of factly as it pertains to you & I's level of acquaintance, not pejoratively) shares his anecdote and I'm thinking no way I touch this place with a ten foot pole.
    I spent two decades working on British luxury cars, and took pride in remaining honest even though it meant lower pay than the guys next to me. There are clear signs of dishonesty that n the automotive business.
    A couple of the biggest: strict adherence to the manufacturers schedule of maintenance. How does Ford know how I drive my truck? Maybe it’s my wife’s truck and she baby’s it, or maybe a 16 year old hammers the wheels off of it.
    Another is up charging for every little item. Rotated the tires for you sir, since we already had them off the car. No charge. Quite different from $40. Then you read further and they bill you for the anti-squeal pads, the brake grease, getting rid of used oil, etc, etc. if they itemize every little thing, you are getting robbed.
    It has gotten difficult, to say the least, to find an honest shop. They are out there, but you have to search for them. Word of mouth and the internet are great tools.

(Bucks County)

https://www.4x4suspensionandgear.com/

This guy is in the North Wales area. He installed a lift on my FJ. Quality work, his hour's of operation are a little wonky but I would recommend him. He does a lot of car show's and may be gone for 2-3 days at a time. He can sell you one of the brand's he offers or, like myself, I purchased a specific lift from a manufacturer that he didn't sell and he installed it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12