Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Carabineros de Chile Model 1935 Mauser with a brass magazine extension

No one( who responded) on Gunboards has ever seen Chilean M1935 in this configuration. The magazine extension appears to be an arsenal modification as it is serial numbered to the Carbine.

The original floorplate is affixed to the extension.

Any information would be appreciated.

20190204_121150 (1024x576).jpgIMG_1093 (1024x683).jpgIMG_1090 (1024x683) (2).jpgIMG_1091 (1024x683).jpgIMG_1092 (1024x683).jpg
    Last edited by qmcorps; February 5th, 2019 at 10:01 AM.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(York County)

Default Re: Carabineros de Chile Model 1935 Mauser with a brass magazine extension

Local made modification? Is the font of the serial number on the magazine body the same as the rest of the rifle (carbine)?

Wow, that is an oddity. I wish I could help. I lurk on the Gunboards forums all the time. I'm really surprised none of the gurus there have posted.

Thank you for sharing. It is one of those things I'd love to own myself.

Default Re: Carabineros de Chile Model 1935 Mauser with a brass magazine extension

Send an email and picture to C&RArsenal or Ian from Forgotten Weapons.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    Local made modification? Is the font of the serial number on the magazine body the same as the rest of the rifle (carbine)?

Wow, that is an oddity. I wish I could help. I lurk on the Gunboards forums all the time. I'm really surprised none of the gurus there have posted.

Thank you for sharing. It is one of those things I'd love to own myself.
    No one has seen this modification. The quality of the work indicates it is an arsenal modification. It is not part of the original contract for the 10k ordered. I picked this up in 2009, along with 7 other South American Mausers, 7 bayonets and a bunch of muzzle caps for $2k. The previous owner passed and the widow wanted to get rid of them. The gentleman who told me about them purchased a German Military Mauser Banner training rifle .22, for $100.

One of the Gentlemen of the board lives in Peru and stated, next time he goes to Chile, he will check the Carabinero Museum to see if there is a sample there. I knew this was an oddity when I picked it up.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Send an email and picture to C&RArsenal or Ian from Forgotten Weapons.
    Thanks, Hodgie, I'll look into that tonight when I get back home.

I sent it out this morning. I'll update if I get a response.
    Last edited by qmcorps; February 7th, 2019 at 09:46 AM.