Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    butler, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)
    Posts
    1,054
    Rep Power
    1976864

    Default Indiana Gun show February 23rd & 24th - Indiana county

    Sat, Feb 23rd, 9am - 5pm and Sunday, Feb 24th, 9am - 4pm
    There is no hockey tournament at S&T this year, so parking will be much better!!
    Admission: Adults $7, Youth $5, 12 and under are free
    Over 170 tables and 100 vendors will be on hand.
    AR style PCC chambered in .9mm will be raffled! Must be 21 years of age to win.
    Clut Tshirts will also be available for sale.
    Thank you for your continued support and hope to see you there!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Near Indiana, Pennsylvania
    (Indiana County)
    Posts
    6,145
    Rep Power
    21474854

    Default Re: Indiana Gun show February 23rd & 24th - Indiana county

    I’ll be set up again with plenty of US1917 and P14 Enfield parts.
    Nice Remington 1917 stock set with bands and such.
    1917/P14 upper and lower handguards.

    I’ll have some other stuff like:

    Two Winchester P14 Enfields, original matching serials, one is RAF marked with stock disc.
    Nice Winchester US Rifle 1917.

    Argentine Calvary Carbine with the ultra scarce triangular mount bayonet.
    Chilean 1895 7mm Mauser, matching.

    Finn capture 91/30


    Marlin 120 12ga complete lower half, no barrel
    Mauser custom in .358 Norma Mag, fresh blue needs your stock to finish, 3 boxes Norma factory ammo and a new set of dies
    P14 barreled action with bolt, trigger, mag box... not cut up, needs stock and hardware
    Whitworth Sporter P14 made in England, 30-06 needs stock
    Mauser actions, one complete Argentine and a few stripped, Mauser bolt bodies and some other odds n end Mauser parts
    Older .22 Savage barrels, Ljungman barrel, P14 and 1917 barrels with good bores need some cleaning up outside, .22 rifle tubes and inserts
    EG Makarov parts gun, cracked slide
    S&W 1917 revolver in .44 Special, leftover US military frame with acceptance stamp, gun was found along the highway in Maryland in the ‘60s, I have the paperwork from the MD State Police releasing the gun to the finder, gun has been chromed.
    Iver Johnson Target Sealed Eight in box, 90%
    Remington 12 with tang sight and crescent butt, Remington 14 in .35 Rem
    Sino Soviet Chinese SKS with what appears to be Albanian history due to the orangish/yellow stock as typically seen on Albanians.
    S&W Custom Shop knives, 20+ years old NOS, other older NOS knives like Marbles and such in need of cleaning up
    Long 1800’s Enfield sword bayonet, no scabbard makes a nice wall hanger, approx 3’ long
    Cetme mags, Daewoo .40 mags, Chinese Flatback AK mags (Poly)...

    And lots more smalls, ammo, ammo cans...
    Last edited by 39flathead; February 12th, 2019 at 09:45 AM.
    No participation trophies 'round here...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    butler, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)
    Posts
    1,054
    Rep Power
    1976864

    Default Re: Indiana Gun show February 23rd & 24th - Indiana county

    ………………...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Near Indiana, Pennsylvania
    (Indiana County)
    Posts
    6,145
    Rep Power
    21474854

    Default Re: Indiana Gun show February 23rd & 24th - Indiana county

    Just wanted to say thanks to the members who stopped by my tables.

    This show had problems this year:
    Many vendors didn't attend.
    The reasons could have been that there were two other shows up north that took some usual vendors away and the other was the horrible parking situation keep some vendors away.

    The last couple years vendors and patrons alike complained about the parking, this was due to the youth hockey tourny's that were held the same weekend.
    This year the club moved the date back a week to avoid this.
    However, while the parking issue was non-existent this year the show was smaller, see above.

    Next year the show will be the LAST weekend in February.


    I'd like to add, this is probably the last show I'll do unless I can source more parts.
    Parts, old surplus ammo and odd magazines and such is what I "specialized" in.
    The stuff I had been selling was mostly from my personal stash accumulated over the years.

    I did really well at this show, double what I did last year.
    I sold more guns this year than any other year.
    I gave some great deals, anyone who was looking for surplus rifles of the advanced nature missed out, so did the starting out collector if they didn't attend.
    I found some great deals as well.


    Don't discount this show in the future.

    Thanks again to anyone reading this who helped make this show a great sucess for me and my kids this year!
    No participation trophies 'round here...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Kersey, Pennsylvania
    (Elk County)
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Indiana Gun show February 23rd & 24th - Indiana county

    Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post

    This show had problems this year:
    Many vendors didn't attend.
    The reasons could have been that there were two other shows up north that took some usual vendors away and the other was the horrible parking situation keep some vendors away.

    The last couple years vendors and patrons alike complained about the parking, this was due to the youth hockey tourny's that were held the same weekend.
    This year the club moved the date back a week to avoid this.
    However, while the parking issue was non-existent this year the show was smaller, see above.

    I help organize the Ridgway show and none of the vendors who came to Ridgway said they would have set up at Indiana for three reasons: 1) Insufficient parking, 2) Show keeps moving its date to weekends that compete with other shows, 3) The vendors historically don't do well from a sell or buy standpoint at Indiana. The biggest issue is the lack of parking at the S&T Arena.

    Two other shows the same weekend which may have affected Indiana's vendors are Reynoldsville and Ellwood City.

    Rodney keeps scheduling Indiana in weekends that compete with other shows. In 2018 and 2019 he scheduled with Ridgway. Previously for a number of years he scheduled the "Presidents Day" weekend and that has always been Clintonville VFD's show weekend, where a number of vendors would have a conflict. Prior to scheduling to conflict with Clintonville, the Indiana show was almost always the first week of February, when it was at S&T, Novosels and the goofy Omni barn before that.

    Now you say he's scheduling Indiana next year the last week of February, which will again conflict with Ridgway, Reynoldsville, and Ellwood City. Rodney is not going to solve his problem by doing that.

    I'm glad that you personally did well despite.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Near Indiana, Pennsylvania
    (Indiana County)
    Posts
    6,145
    Rep Power
    21474854

    Default Re: Indiana Gun show February 23rd & 24th - Indiana county

    Quote Originally Posted by BRS View Post
    I help organize the Ridgway show and none of the vendors who came to Ridgway said they would have set up at Indiana for three reasons: 1) Insufficient parking, 2) Show keeps moving its date to weekends that compete with other shows, 3) The vendors historically don't do well from a sell or buy standpoint at Indiana. The biggest issue is the lack of parking at the S&T Arena.

    Two other shows the same weekend which may have affected Indiana's vendors are Reynoldsville and Ellwood City.

    Rodney keeps scheduling Indiana in weekends that compete with other shows. In 2018 and 2019 he scheduled with Ridgway. Previously for a number of years he scheduled the "Presidents Day" weekend and that has always been Clintonville VFD's show weekend, where a number of vendors would have a conflict. Prior to scheduling to conflict with Clintonville, the Indiana show was almost always the first week of February, when it was at S&T, Novosels and the goofy Omni barn before that.

    Now you say he's scheduling Indiana next year the last week of February, which will again conflict with Ridgway, Reynoldsville, and Ellwood City. Rodney is not going to solve his problem by doing that.

    I'm glad that you personally did well despite.
    Thank you, I did well because I’m a collector and I think I know what people want.
    I sold two long guns to the very first guy at my table. A cheap .22 and a cheap old 16ga single.
    I didn’t sell any of my advanced items at this show but I had predicted that so it was no surprise.
    Most every vendor that was selling used guns that I talked to did well.
    Most everyone selling new guns for a premium over Grices or any of the large internet places did not do well.
    The crowd was large, very large and was willing to part wth cash (I also accept internet funds which was a good 10% of my intake this year and I don’t charge “extra” for PICS).
    Not making money in Indiana is a seller problem imo not a buyer problem.
    Guys with $50 lowers and $500 ARs were selling, guys with $125 lowers and $750 ARs were not.
    Guys with tables packed with hunting rifles this time of the year were not.
    I got some great ammo deals around Christmas from a place out of state, buy a case of .22 get one free, buy a 300 pack of that Federal Black Pack .223 get one free. I sold ten of those Black packs for $80 each in the first three hours Saturday, bricks of .22 mag for $95...

    I took those higher end rifles and placed them in between my normal wares.
    Those big dollar rifles created lookers.
    The lookers created interest in my tables because people were curious as to why I had a steady crowd accumulated around my tables.
    I put all my parts at the other end of the tables, again I had multiple people poking through parts which had people wondering what they were looking at and beside my parts I had my bayonets on one side and ammo on the other, this gave those with no interest in parts something to see when they stopped to see what was going on.
    Again, there’s smart selling and then there’s sitting in a chair with overpriced or common items spread out that people just walk past.

    Now, I do not belong to the Bow and Gun club.
    I didn’t mention by name the northern shows because I didn’t want to do what was done right above me, start an online pissing match.
    I have nothing in keeping or getting vendors at this show, someone else here does have such an interest...

    The parking has been horrible due to the youth hockey tournaments, no doubt, so the date was changed.
    The parking was a non-issue this year.
    The changing of the date caused a conflict with other semi-local shows, no doubt.
    Next year there are five weekends in February.
    I’m assuming the last will be the weekend of the 29th and Mar 1st.
    This shouldn’t conflict with any other shows mentioned and again the parking will be a non-issue.


    I came back to post my thanks to the members who stopped by even just to say hi.
    I wanted to explain that next year might be better because of the date change and parking.
    I didn’t come here to put down any other venue or start a pissing match so...

    Thanks again.
    No participation trophies 'round here...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Kersey, Pennsylvania
    (Elk County)
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Indiana Gun show February 23rd & 24th - Indiana county

    I'm sorry if you took my comments as inciting an "internet pissing contest." That was not the intent.

    I was merely trying to point out that if the promoter schedules the Indiana show the fifth weekend of Feb in 2020 it may be successful, but in years with four-week Februaries there will be still be conflicts with shows that schedule in fixed weekends year after year, and competition for a dwindling population of mostly aged or aging vendors.

    Best regards.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Near Indiana, Pennsylvania
    (Indiana County)
    Posts
    6,145
    Rep Power
    21474854

    Default Re: Indiana Gun show February 23rd & 24th - Indiana county

    Quote Originally Posted by BRS View Post
    I'm sorry if you took my comments as inciting an "internet pissing contest." That was not the intent.

    I was merely trying to point out that if the promoter schedules the Indiana show the fifth weekend of Feb in 2020 it may be successful, but in years with four-week Februaries there will be still be conflicts with shows that schedule in fixed weekends year after year, and competition for a dwindling population of mostly aged or aging vendors.

    Best regards.
    You said nothing even remotely close to that in your first post.

    Maybe he plans on doing the last weekend of Feb or the first weekend of March whichever it is according to the weekend.

    I agree with the aged vendors, they typically are "selling" the same goods show after show and are probably the ones you hear complaining.
    The Indiana show, had you went to it instead of just commenting out of thin air, had not just oldsters as vendors but a couple 20 somethings and I'd say a majority were under 50 with many being 35-40.

    The Indiana show was always Presidents Day weekend.
    This caused big well known problems with parking due to the youth hockey tournaments.
    The promoter tied to fix this, as I stated above, and they did, as I stated above, and they also caused a conflict with other shows, as I stated above.
    Hopefully this will be corrected next year and the years to come.

    Your comment about not selling/doing good at the Indiana show is hearsay and everyone knows dealers are whiney babies.
    Your comment was uncalled for IMO.
    No participation trophies 'round here...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    East side of the ANF, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,693
    Rep Power
    21474853

    Default Re: Indiana Gun show February 23rd & 24th - Indiana county

    Show's over, either way.

    Noah

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 18th, 2019, 02:42 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: February 19th, 2018, 11:29 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 5th, 2018, 11:24 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 23rd, 2017, 12:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops