Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Restaurant near Castle Shannon?

Update; Bad planning on our part, we "visited" until 5 then tried to go eat. Wife's cousin was told PastaToo was a real good place, so we tried that, 1 hour wait, didn't have time for that. Went to Danny's, 45 minute wait for food, the few tables were taken, and again no time for that.
    Running out of time, just looking for non fast food, ended up at a sports bar called Level20. Food was OK.
    Lost the game 2-1 in OT. Kids played pretty good.
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Restaurant near Castle Shannon?

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Update; Bad planning on our part, we "visited" until 5 then tried to go eat. Wife's cousin was told PastaToo was a real good place, so we tried that, 1 hour wait, didn't have time for that. Went to Danny's, 45 minute wait for food, the few tables were taken, and again no time for that.
    Running out of time, just looking for non fast food, ended up at a sports bar called Level20. Food was OK.
    Lost the game 2-1 in OT. Kids played pretty good.
    Pasta Too is very popular, long waits are common. Too bad about Danny's.

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    [....] The Italian hoagie at Frisch's, which happens to be next to Armstrong's is also a strong contender. They had a small branch shop right by my house as a kid called The Chicken Derby. We used to walk there from elementary school for pizza and subs. My how times have changed.
    My son and I were out last night so we went to Frisch's to try something new. I was surprised that their Italian hoagie is almost exactly the same as a Danny's Italian, except with more meat and less cheese. It was really good, but still couldn't touch Danny's. Danny's has more pepperoni and salami, so it's spicier, and with less meat, the meat cooks through more. And the well-cooked cheese, especially the little puddle of cheese that rolls off onto the pan and gets all crispy, greasy and salty, damn! That is pure Danny's sandwich heaven!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12