Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Bloomsburg Gun Show Feb 16-17 2019

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Thanks!

FWIW your link is missing the logo.
    I had to go to the link from their site to get the logo on the coupon.
    You know , I think it's a personal thing. The logo and coupon always acts up for me. I posted from the link but most often the logo does not show , even if it does ..... it won't print for me usually.I just assume "they" hate me , I used to sweat it some until I went to Monoreville one year and only the top half of the coupon would print no matter what. I was prepared to argue my case at the ticket counter .....but they didn't care in the least. I am "fairly" certain you could hand write a coupon and they'd take it.

This is the page I linked from ...... https://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/...burg-gun-show/ and the logo does not show up when I go from there , at least for this show ..... next time is anybodys guess
    Last edited by Boondox; February 15th, 2019 at 02:34 PM.

(Lycoming County)

Stopped by after work and make a couple quick walk arounds. Prices were a little high some places and not bad others. Very little non-gun crap and more variety than the Harrisburg show in December imho. I wish I had more cash, there were some interesting guns there. I mainly stood around and shot the shit with Scots guard and company. Definitely worth the drive if you need something to do tomorrow.

By the way Mr. Scots guard said pics is going to be down tomorrow morning for a little while, so browse early and buy in the afternoon.

Got there 2 hours after they opened and stayed til 10 minutes prior to close. It was packed when I got there and was told it was even busier before I arrived. Had some new faces among the vendors. The ammo can guy in the tent was the 1st I ever seen at THIS show ..... and then you had the reuseable warmer pad guys ....they had 2 separate booths "one in each side" of those reuseable warming gel pads things and they were selling a bunch.... they had been there a few years back peddling that stuff , maybe under a different brand I believe ...... if anyone is interested in those ......... I should say I bought a hand warmer model just to dink with ........... absolute junk ,went ice cold within a few minutes I had even contacted the website they listed and am pretty sure it's just a rip off scam to grab your cash and disappear. Had a good time , bought this and that ... Bill Ricca was there and seemed to have a ton of stuff. I think there are even more M1 carbines there than before.

I went. It was just OK. I thought prices were high to very high. Most of the better pricing was just average. Nothing to make me open my wallet much.
    This is why I stopped going to gun shows. When the best prices can be found anywhere with a little effort it's not a gun show, IMO.

(Columbia County)

I was there about 2:00 PM . Wasn't crowded at all. Lot of milsurp, that included a lot of M1 carbines. Lot of older Mini 14s. There were also several of the newer semi auto shotguns from tri star / standard SKO. As the other posters said, lot of guns and gun related items rather than non gun junk . Overall was pretty good show. From what I saw prices were about average.

(Elk County)

I thought that prices in general tend to be higher the farther east one goes in PA, and this show yesterday was an example, with a few exemptions such as ScotsGuards whose prices are very competitive.
    I found four used Glock 21s, Gen 2, 3, and 4 versions ranging between $450 and $650, and one new Gen 3 Glock 21 priced at $550. ScotsGuards had an ex-PSP Glock 21 I'm not including because I didn't notice the price.
    Gun prices were all over the map, as evidenced by G21 used prices at or higher than new.
    As for crap, the bath fitter guy was there, and two different vendors had those worthless liqiuid filled pain collars and masks. The ladies with the knitted stuff were present in the 2nd hall as usual. Cabelas had some kiosk things taking up space trying to get people to sign up for something.
    Individual dealers had items with ridiculous pricing, and a few items that were reasonable. Some dealers I just pass by without wasting time.
    I spent Sat from 0900 to 1400 assisting ScotsGuards helping watching his tables and assisting with his customers. I picked up a near pristine Remington 7615 pump carbine in 223 from an attendee was walking around, and brought home one of the aforementioned Glock 21s, and an apparently unfired S&W 422 from ScotsGuards.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    I thought that prices in general tend to be higher the farther east one goes in PA, and this show yesterday was an example, with a few exemptions such as ScotsGuards whose prices are very competitive.
    I found four used Glock 21s, Gen 2, 3, and 4 versions ranging between $450 and $650, and one new Gen 3 Glock 21 priced at $550. ScotsGuards had an ex-PSP Glock 21 I'm not including because I didn't notice the price.
    Gun prices were all over the map, as evidenced by G21 used prices at or higher than new.
    As for crap, the bath fitter guy was there, and two different vendors had those worthless liqiuid filled pain collars and masks. The ladies with the knitted stuff were present in the 2nd hall as usual. Cabelas had some kiosk things taking up space trying to get people to sign up for something.
    Individual dealers had items with ridiculous pricing, and a few items that were reasonable. Some dealers I just pass by without wasting time.
    I spent Sat from 0900 to 1400 assisting ScotsGuards helping watching his tables and assisting with his customers. I picked up a near pristine Remington 7615 pump carbine in 223 from an attendee was walking around, and brought home one of the aforementioned Glock 21s, and an apparently unfired S&W 422 from ScotsGuards.

Noah
    I missed you by about 20 minutes according to those guys. As always I saw a few decent deals and a few WTF's for prices depending on what you were looking for. The new Mossberg pistols were there for $370. Locally only one shop has them and they want retail+ tax for it, well over$400. The vendor only had the cross bolt safety models, I would have picked up the non safety model if he had it. The new 43x and 48 I Saw for @ 450.

I didn't have cash on me, but I saw a couple I would have considered: sar k2 45 for $300. Star model F for 300, Steyr han in decent shape for @ 900. Those were off the top of my head. I don't shop for much modern stuff, so maybe that's why I find more deals on things. If I want a Glock or CZ I can get those usually priced better through my LGS all the time. I shop gunshows like Bloomsburg for odd ball stuff you can't find at LGS often.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    two different vendors had those worthless liqiuid filled pain collars and masks.Noah
    I had not seen that product there for some time , I just assumed the last guys who barley spoke English had been run out of town ..... unsure about the vendor in the side of building with the food but the other vendor of that crap in the larger side of the building took a lot of money off of people. I just wanted to stand there the entire time shooing people away from the fast slick talking knuckle heads but I've pulled enough people off to the side over the years about slick rick crap ,only to be looked at like I was the crazy one .....I felt real bad when one guy dumped a load of cash figuring he was going to be all set for hunting season ... but what can ya do.
    Meanwhile I did not see a single bottle of Ballistol anywhere?
    Last edited by Boondox; February 17th, 2019 at 03:22 PM.

(Wayne County)

I stopped by yesterday for quite awhile. All in all, as far as what was available there, I thought it was a pretty nice show. I was looking for all kinds of stuff and found enough to keep me interested for hours. I ended up walimg out with what I really went there looking for...a bunch of 10X jeweler's loups. (I had a winter botany program today and they came in handy). I bought all she had (on display, at least). I also bought a bunch of Israeli bandages and a surplus Primaloft jacket in new/near new condition. I had my hands on a S&W 94-3 for $325, but didn't have enough cash to cover that and the stuff I came to get. Plus, I didn't know anything about the value/price of a 64, or anything about it. I didn't realize that it was the stainless version of a Model 10, which is what I was looking for. So I looked around online a bit.
    So, I went back today to pick up the 64. Well, it seems that $325 was a reasonable price (even online that seemed to be a good price) because it was gone when I got there. Damnit!

But there was another guy there that had a bunch of nice S&W revolvers, but his prices were on this side of crazy. He had a 64-1 for something near or over $500 and a couple beat-ass, rusty Model 10s for $230 to $330. The one had about 15% finish. I actually would have bought it and carried it proudly for $125, but not for $100+ over that. He had a 64-3 that was in decent shape except for some big dings in the side. But he wanted $400 for it. But, seeing as I thought it ran until 4 today, but instead closed at 3, I got to his booth at 2:45. However, I don't care what this looks like. It's going to be my camping/hunting in the snow and rain gun, it's perfect. The bore was nice. The action was nice. Lockup was tight. I figured, WTF, maybe he'd be willing to barter with the show closing and offered him $350. While I meant before tax, he took it as "out the door" for $350. So, ultimately, I got it for a reasonable price (or at least a price that I deem to be reasonable). I'm sure I could have found one on auction for $170 if I was lucky, but I got to feel and look this one over and I'm co comfortable with it and it was less than I expected to pay. No buyer's remorse here. Pictures to follow.

And yes, despite the wide selection of neat stuff, prices were all over the place.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    I stopped by yesterday for quite awhile. All in all, as far as what was available there, I thought it was a pretty nice show. I was looking for all kinds of stuff and found enough to keep me interested for hours. I ended up walimg out with what I really went there looking for...a bunch of 10X jeweler's loups. (I had a winter botany program today and they came in handy). I bought all she had (on display, at least). I also bought a bunch of Israeli bandages and a surplus Primaloft jacket in new/near new condition. I had my hands on a S&W 94-3 for $325, but didn't have enough cash to cover that and the stuff I came to get. Plus, I didn't know anything about the value/price of a 64, or anything about it. I didn't realize that it was the stainless version of a Model 10, which is what I was looking for. So I looked around online a bit.
    So, I went back today to pick up the 64. Well, it seems that $325 was a reasonable price (even online that seemed to be a good price) because it was gone when I got there. Damnit!

But there was another guy there that had a bunch of nice S&W revolvers, but his prices were on this side of crazy. He had a 64-1 for something near or over $500 and a couple beat-ass, rusty Model 10s for $230 to $330. The one had about 15% finish. I actually would have bought it and carried it proudly for $125, but not for $100+ over that. He had a 64-3 that was in decent shape except for some big dings in the side. But he wanted $400 for it. But, seeing as I thought it ran until 4 today, but instead closed at 3, I got to his booth at 2:45. However, I don't care what this looks like. It's going to be my camping/hunting in the snow and rain gun, it's perfect. The bore was nice. The action was nice. Lockup was tight. I figured, WTF, maybe he'd be willing to barter with the show closing and offered him $350. While I meant before tax, he took it as "out the door" for $350. So, ultimately, I got it for a reasonable price (or at least a price that I deem to be reasonable). I'm sure I could have found one on auction for $170 if I was lucky, but I got to feel and look this one over and I'm co comfortable with it and it was less than I expected to pay. No buyer's remorse here. Pictures to follow.

And yes, despite the wide selection of neat stuff, prices were all over the place.
    Sandcut: It was nice to meet you and I thoroughly enjoyed our conversation. Good to hear you were pleased with your purchase. Hope to see you again sometime.
    Thanks to the rest of you who stopped by. Especially Noah who was a HUGE help on Saturday. Thanks again.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast