Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default The Fillmore? CC yay or nay?

Has anyone been to the Fillmore in Philly recently? After reviewing their web site, I get the impression there are metal detectors. Anyone know for sure?

(Chester County)

Default Re: The Fillmore? CC yay or nay?

UPDATE: The Fillmore is definitely a no fly zone. Full pat down and wand treatment. Very thorough.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Phlyers13 View Post
    UPDATE: The Fillmore is definitely a no fly zone. Full pat down and wand treatment. Very thorough.
    Guess I'm not going there lol

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Guess I'm not going there lol
    Just curious, are you giving up all concerts, professional and college sporting events, plays, the symphony and other cultural events, arena shows like monster trucks, the circus and Disney on Ice shows with the kids, amusement parks, and every other gun-free venue for the rest of your life?

(Montgomery County)

No(the ones I go to don't do pat downs or metal detectors), yes because they all suck, yes, yes, maybe, yes monster trucks have went anti gun plus I can go see them at the county fair while open carrying, circuses are animal abuse so I could care less, fuck Disney, never had a problem at knoebols, and damn well maybe.

Got a problem with MY choices?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Just curious, are you giving up all concerts, professional and college sporting events, plays, the symphony and other cultural events, arena shows like monster trucks, the circus and Disney on Ice shows with the kids, amusement parks, and every other gun-free venue for the rest of your life?
    I'm an artist, I'll sit my ass outside and peddle my wares before I give them my hard earned money to deny me my rights.

(Allegheny County)

Arent you then forced to pay the govt for a permit or license to sell on the street ? They get you one way or the other .

(Montgomery County)

I can't say I've ever been there before. But if I were to go, getting a permit would still allow me to exercise my 2nd amendment rights.
    Bringing up the fact that I'm an artist, is because that was my only personal interest in going to this location.
    I'd very likely just continue on with the craft shows and events that I already attend, rather than deal with the majority of the hassle that is Philty itself.

(Chester County)

For the record, I won’t be going back either. Not a big fan of venues that allow smoking inside. I guess I’m just getting old but I can’t handle it anymore. I woke up this morning sounding like James Earl Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlyers13 View Post
    For the record, I won’t be going back either. Not a big fan of venues that allow smoking inside. I guess I’m just getting old but I can’t handle it anymore. I woke up this morning sounding like James Earl Jones.
    The Fillmore doesn't allow smoking inside, people do it anyway. Most of the time it's pot. Same with just about every other concert venue.