Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Mifflin County)

Default Re: Senate Bill # 147-----2019 Sunday Hunting Bill---Please contact your PA Senators

Any news on this ??

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Senate Bill # 147-----2019 Sunday Hunting Bill---Please contact your PA Senators

Well it passed out of the Game and Fisheries Committee...next it will go to the Senate Appropriations Committee. This is where the Senators on the Appropriations committee examine the fiscal/Money issues impacted by this bill. So feel free to start contacting Senators on the Appropriations Committee.

If it passes out of appropriations it will thin go to the Senate FLOOR for a full Senate Vote.

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...e=3&CteeBody=S

(Montgomery County)

According to my Senator, Bob Mensch, this Q&A sums up why he voted No:

https://www.pfb.com/images/stories/Q...ay-hunting.pdf

What are your thoughts about this?

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post

That was an awfully long way to say "The PFB pays me a lot of money to vote the way they tell me to."
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    That was an awfully long way to say "The PFB pays me a lot of money to vote the way they tell me to."
    Yeah said he has to represent his constituency in the PFB.... but I am a part of his constituency as well and work M-F, so getting a few Sundays in would be nice.

But do you think that Q&A and the PFB's rationale has any merit?

(Perry County)

Yeah said he has to represent his constituency in the PFB.... but I am a part of his constituency as well and work M-F, so getting a few Sundays in would be nice.

But do you think that Q&A and the PFB's rationale has any merit?
    None at all, I've been at this for many years and I've heard all of these sad arguments at to why hunter's can't hunt on their own property and the Game Lands they paid for on Sunday. That extra day is huge for most working hunters because it means a doubling of hunting days. I've made the argument many times that if a "day off" from hunting is truly necessary, make it Wednesday. That's always met with derision by the other side because they're lying about their true motives. Same with suggestions on banning non-hunting activities on Saturdays in state forests & Game Lands.

As to farmer "peace and quiet" then we need laws that prevent all non-critical farming operations on Sundays. No harvesting, no fertilizing or tilling. No harvesting timber or movement of non-perishables. Again, always met with derision because being told they may not engage in activities on their land is suddenly an issue but them saying I can't hunt my land on a Sunday isn't.

Mind you, I rarely support more laws. I want less, I want liberty. And I'm tired of arguing with anti-liberty zealots.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Allegheny County)

The "unfair to other users of SGLs" makes me roll my eyes like nothing else.

PA state game land mission statement, as it appears on the PAGC website right now:

"The Game Commission owns and manages nearly 1.5 million acres of state game lands throughout the Commonwealth. The primary purpose of these lands is the management of habitat for wildlife and provide opportunities for lawful hunting and trapping. Secondary recreational uses are permitted in accordance with the Game Commission’s regulations."

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    None at all, I've been at this for many years and I've heard all of these sad arguments at to why hunter's can't hunt on their own property and the Game Lands they paid for on Sunday. That extra day is huge for most working hunters because it means a doubling of hunting days. I've made the argument many times that if a "day off" from hunting is truly necessary, make it Wednesday. That's always met with derision by the other side because they're lying about their true motives. Same with suggestions on banning non-hunting activities on Saturdays in state forests & Game Lands.

As to farmer "peace and quiet" then we need laws that prevent all non-critical farming operations on Sundays. No harvesting, no fertilizing or tilling. No harvesting timber or movement of non-perishables. Again, always met with derision because being told they may not engage in activities on their land is suddenly an issue but them saying I can't hunt my land on a Sunday isn't.

Mind you, I rarely support more laws. I want less, I want liberty. And I'm tired of arguing with anti-liberty zealots.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinR View Post
    The "unfair to other users of SGLs" makes me roll my eyes like nothing else.

PA state game land mission statement, as it appears on the PAGC website right now:

"The Game Commission owns and manages nearly 1.5 million acres of state game lands throughout the Commonwealth. The primary purpose of these lands is the management of habitat for wildlife and provide opportunities for lawful hunting and trapping. Secondary recreational uses are permitted in accordance with the Game Commission’s regulations."
    Thank you, this is what I was looking for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12