Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: LTFC Confiscated

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    If you had a sarcastic attitude like me, you could always arm yourself, open carry, and walk up to Detective Dickheads desk to demand your document back. Have someone videotape the ensuing criminality for your subsequent lawsuit.
    I haven't had a good laugh all day until I read this!
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

I don't like leaving anything of importance even in a locked vehicle, but what are you supposed to do if you need to go into a post office? The powers to be put you in a bad situation.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Sights View Post
    I don't like leaving anything of importance even in a locked vehicle, but what are you supposed to do if you need to go into a post office? The powers to be put you in a bad situation.
    I am of that opinion now.My car was broken into a few years ago,luckily I had nothing to offer other than some loose change in the cup holder and some personal papers that were rifled through.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Philadelphia County)

Hi, this thread has gathered a lot of responses and I will try to address as many concerns as possible.

Firstly, the intention to confiscate was not divulged when he asked for my permit. The Detective asked for my LTCF as though he simply needed to make a copy for his records. It was only after I handed it over did he openly informed me that I will need to contact the gun issuing unit to get it back.

Secondly, it was to my knowledge that having a carry permit doesn’t necessarily mean I HAVE to carry. I simply have the legal option of maintaining my firearm at home, in my vehicle or on my persons. As opposed to those without a permit, then you’re only able to have your firearms at home or work. In fact, according to carry laws, I MUST possess a carry permit in order to have a firearm in my vehicle in the first place.

I’m originally a carry holder from Florida and having a weapon in your vehicle was never considered an unsafe act as the vehicle is considered my property just as much as my home, both of which I’m entitled to defend in case of unauthorized intrusion. I did not know Philadelphia makes a very big distinction between having a firearm in your home versus your vehicle. The Detective made it clear that the government considers a home secure while a vehicle is not. Despite the fact my car probably has more theft deterrent technology than most homes.

I’m sure the Detective has seen his fair share of idiots and truly bad characters while on the job, but I’m not one. I was painted as an idiot who’d lost a gun. The fact was, someone took a deliberate act of stealing it from me. I didn’t stroll down the street misplacing things.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by limingbin View Post
    Hi, this thread has gathered a lot of responses and I will try to address as many concerns as possible.

Firstly, the intention to confiscate was not divulged when he asked for my permit. The Detective asked for my LTCF as though he simply needed to make a copy for his records. It was only after I handed it over did he openly informed me that I will need to contact the gun issuing unit to get it back.

Secondly, it was to my knowledge that having a carry permit doesn’t necessarily mean I HAVE to carry. I simply have the legal option of maintaining my firearm at home, in my vehicle or on my persons. As opposed to those without a permit, then you’re only able to have your firearms at home or work. In fact, according to carry laws, I MUST possess a carry permit in order to have a firearm in my vehicle in the first place.

I’m originally a carry holder from Florida and having a weapon in your vehicle was never considered an unsafe act as the vehicle is considered my property just as much as my home, both of which I’m entitled to defend in case of unauthorized intrusion. I did not know Philadelphia makes a very big distinction between having a firearm in your home versus your vehicle. The Detective made it clear that the government considers a home secure while a vehicle is not. Despite the fact my car probably has more theft deterrent technology than most homes.

I’m sure the Detective has seen his fair share of idiots and truly bad characters while on the job, but I’m not one. I was painted as an idiot who’d lost a gun. The fact was, someone took a deliberate act of stealing it from me. I didn’t stroll down the street misplacing things.
    Sounds like a kick 'em while they're down coward to me.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Bucks County)

I never leave a gun in my car... but that being said, take Gunlawyers advice and pursue an atty..

The detective might have to eat some crow if he just took your license without just cause, it seems you did the responsible thing and reported the crime when it happened....

Where in Philly did this happen by the way?

Detective douche canoe deserves to be run over by a semi

(Chester County)

Why is this not in the jurisdiction of the Sheriff of Philadelphia County, versus the PPD?

(Indiana County)

Because it's in the city and county of Philadelphia, and the UFA (Section 6108) says for a City of the First Class (i.e., with a population of one million or more, of which Philadelphia is the only one), firearms licensing is handled by the Chief of Police or his representatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Because it's in the city and county of Philadelphia, and the UFA (Section 6108) says for a City of the First Class (i.e., with a population of one million or more, of which Philadelphia is the only one), firearms licensing is handled by the Chief of Police or his representatives.
    Since Philadelphia is a sanctuary city do undocumented creatures count in that million?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast