Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Default Re: LTFC Confiscated

I have a better idea , do not go to or live in Philthadelphia.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by limingbin View Post
    So here’s what happened and please take my experience as a rough guide.

Once the detective confiscated my carry license, he returned it to the gun permit unit, who subsequently sent me a revocation notice a week later. Which means I can’t conceal carry anymore. On the revocation notice, there is an option to appeal this decision. The process will take up to a year to be scheduled a hearing before a panel of representatives. The officer responsible for the appeals process at the gun permit unit was nice enough to fast track my appeal and got my hearing within 2 months. HERE’S THE IMPORTANT PART: Please admit that you made a mistake and you are very sorry and it will never happen again. If you argue or dwell on the details, you will lose your carry license. If you admit fault and promise to be responsible, the panel will reinstate you. DON’T argue with them. Hope this helps those who fall in this same situation.
    You also can't OC in a city of the worst class either without an LTCF.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

This is why when you are revoked you hire an attorney and go through the actual legal process, so the government has to provide proof to a judge why your license was revoked and why it should stand. None of which would stand in a courtroom where any assemblance of law exists. Instead of going to Philly's kangaroo court where they purposefully drag out your legal option to challenge the revocation, and make the victim of a crime grovel for the return of their government granted freedom. Agree to join the Ba'ath party and you can walk away a free man.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad you got your license back, but your account is some scary shit.

Once the detective confiscated my carry license, he returned it to the gun permit unit, who subsequently sent me a revocation notice a week later. Which means I can’t conceal carry anymore. On the revocation notice, there is an option to appeal this decision. The process will take up to a year to be scheduled a hearing before a panel of representatives. The officer responsible for the appeals process at the gun permit unit was nice enough to fast track my appeal and got my hearing within 2 months. HERE’S THE IMPORTANT PART: Please admit that you made a mistake and you are very sorry and it will never happen again. If you argue or dwell on the details, you will lose your carry license. If you admit fault and promise to be responsible, the panel will reinstate you. DON’T argue with them. Hope this helps those who fall in this same situation.
    How do you know about "THE IMPORTANT PART"? Through your own experience? Advice from an attorney? Through the wording in your second sentence, "I can't conceal anymore", leads one to believe you lost your appeal.

Rick

Something doesn't sound right.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    Something doesn't sound right.
    Yeah, anecdotally, the "extra-legal" process may resolve an issue, but I'll be damned if I'd do the suggested routine. It also ticks away the small window you have to hit for a "real" appeal in the Court of Common Pleas.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Washington County)

So you apologised for someone stealing from you?

(Berks County)

I am not clear on whether you got it back or not.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

I'm not sure what is worse. The way you got it taken away or the way you got it back, having to say pretty pretty please sir can I have some more.

(Bucks County)

Did you get the LTCF back? Yes/no. Did you get it back by following the advice you gave us? yes/no. Was that advice from an attorney representing you? Or from someone within the department who knows the ego bullshit?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast