Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Default Re: LTFC Confiscated

Quote Originally Posted by jw34 View Post
    I read through this whole thread and there is one blaring question that was never asked, and the answer was not stated by the OP. ...... Was the car locked or unlocked at the time of the theft?

I, in no way, agree with the LTCF seizure or just about any other law in Philly. But I'm trying to figure out the WHY behind the seizure of LTCF. When it comes to "cop interaction" stories, usually I hear part of the story and try to figure out the whole story. Often these stories omit very important information.

Does the firearms division (LTCF issuers) have a directive in Philly that a weapon left in an unlocked vehicle is considered reckless? Thereby requiring investigators to seize the LTCF pending review?

No clue. Philly is an animal all of its own. Locked or unlocked car doesn't matter to me. It's still your property that no one else has a right to take. But Philly, with their liberal law makers, I would not put it past them to consider it negligent to leave a gun in an unlocked car, and have policy deeming the weapon owner unfit to carry.

It happens more than you think. I can recall 4-5 firearm theft reports I've taken within the last 3 months, from UNLOCKED cars.
    At one time, and maybe still today, the PPD listed "having a gun stolen from your car" as an automatic LTCF revocation.

No pretense that they'd look at the circumstances, or try to sandwich it into the UFA somehow. It was "automatic". Whether you had it sitting openly on the dash of an unlocked car, or hidden inside a bag of Pampers in the locked trunk.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    At one time, and maybe still today, the PPD listed "having a gun stolen from your car" as an automatic LTCF revocation.

No pretense that they'd look at the circumstances, or try to sandwich it into the UFA somehow. It was "automatic". Whether you had it sitting openly on the dash of an unlocked car, or hidden inside a bag of Pampers in the locked trunk.
    Unreal. Just amazing.

It doesn't matter to us if it was locked or unlocked. You are still the victim. But it is something we always ask, in trying to determine if you/your car/your property was specifically targeted, or if it was a random target of handle pullers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

(Luzerne County)

I read through this whole thread and there is one blaring question that was never asked, and the answer was not stated by the OP. ...... Was the car locked or unlocked at the time of the theft?

I, in no way, agree with the LTCF seizure or just about any other law in Philly. But I'm trying to figure out the WHY behind the seizure of LTCF. When it comes to "cop interaction" stories, usually I hear part of the story and try to figure out the whole story. Often these stories omit very important information.

Does the firearms division (LTCF issuers) have a directive in Philly that a weapon left in an unlocked vehicle is considered reckless? Thereby requiring investigators to seize the LTCF pending review?

No clue. Philly is an animal all of its own. Locked or unlocked car doesn't matter to me. It's still your property that no one else has a right to take. But Philly, with their liberal law makers, I would not put it past them to consider it negligent to leave a gun in an unlocked car, and have policy deeming the weapon owner unfit to carry.

It happens more than you think. I can recall 4-5 firearm theft reports I've taken within the last 3 months, from UNLOCKED cars.
    If the car was locked or not changes nothing.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    If the car was locked or not changes nothing.
    It sure does. And depending who wants to know, changes a lot.

To your insurance company, it changes if they can easily deny a claim or not.
    To "normal" police depts, it changes which direction to look for suspects.
    And to Philly PD, who tf knows?
    Last edited by jw34; March 3rd, 2019 at 10:32 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
    Why don't you apply for a new permit. If it works you are only out $20.
    Not in Philly.
    IANAL MPMO VIVA CUBA LIBRE

(Luzerne County)

It sure does. And depending who wants to know, changes a lot.

To your insurance company, it changes if they can easily deny a claim or not.
    To "normal" police depts, it changes which direction to look for suspects.
    And to Philly PD, who tf knows?
    So if someone walks into your house and steals stuff, while your in the back yard cutting the grass it your fault?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Montgomery County)

So if someone walks into your house and steals stuff, while your in the back yard cutting the grass it your fault?
    I took it as more of "YOUR CAR IS ALWAYS LOCKED" kind of suggestion. *wink*wink*

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    I took it as more of "YOUR CAR IS ALWAYS LOCKED" kind of suggestion. *wink*wink*
    It certainly is!!!
    "He who is Brave, is Free" Seneca
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Berks County)

Read my comments #80 & #82 . I clarified everything there.

(Philadelphia County)

So here’s what happened and please take my experience as a rough guide.

Once the detective confiscated my carry license, he returned it to the gun permit unit, who subsequently sent me a revocation notice a week later. Which means I can’t conceal carry anymore. On the revocation notice, there is an option to appeal this decision. The process will take up to a year to be scheduled a hearing before a panel of representatives. The officer responsible for the appeals process at the gun permit unit was nice enough to fast track my appeal and got my hearing within 2 months. HERE’S THE IMPORTANT PART: Please admit that you made a mistake and you are very sorry and it will never happen again. If you argue or dwell on the details, you will lose your carry license. If you admit fault and promise to be responsible, the panel will reinstate you. DON’T argue with them. Hope this helps those who fall in this same situation.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast