Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: LTFC Confiscated

Get him some pot oil vape then everything will seem like it's OK.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I was wondering if there was any update to this, but I see the OP hasn’t signed on since February 3.
    I heard he hired Hobson McKown to represent him in this matter. We should hear back from him in 5-10.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by FUNDAMENTALS View Post
    There is something here no one is mentioning. The OP parks his vehicle on a public street in the City of Brotherly Love in Philadelphia. His vehicle contains a loaded firearm which is left in the vehicle, subsequently broken into and the firearm is taken.(overnight/during the day?). Does the said owner of the firearm and vehicle bare any responsibility for his negligence leaving his firearm in the vehicle?. What happens down the road if the firearm is used in a crime where there is severe bodily injury or death? Maybe not criminal charges, but civil litigation could be a possibility the OP might face. I do not believe the OP LTCF had to be surrendered/confiscated as per the cited case. It might take awhile to get the LTCF back. I would hope they get the firearm back, but that could take much longer even maybe years.
    So let me get this in perspective. It you park in Philadelphia you are asking to be robbed. You are in fact causing yourself to be robbed as a parked car is supposed to be robbed in Philadelphia. I guess then you are responsible for the people run over in your stolen car and owe the medical bills to the thief of your car when he crashes it and gets hurt. I share hope you live up to your fundamentals.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Gonna have to actually read this thread, but does anyone else have a License to Fuckin' Carry?
    Fuk yeah!
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Montgomery County)

Why don't you apply for a new permit. If it works you are only out $20.

(Bucks County)

Just call and ask for a replacement card to be issued. If asked why you need one, TRUTHFULLY answer, “ I do not know where it is!” That would be the truth unless you actually know which drawer in whoever’s desk, in whatever offic3 it currently sits.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    So let me get this in perspective. It you park in Philadelphia you are asking to be robbed. You are in fact causing yourself to be robbed as a parked car is supposed to be robbed in Philadelphia. I guess then you are responsible for the people run over in your stolen car and owe the medical bills to the thief of your car when he crashes it and gets hurt. I share hope you live up to your fundamentals.
    Asking to get robbed or expecting to get robbed?

Total bs
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    So let me get this in perspective. It you park in Philadelphia you are asking to be robbed. You are in fact causing yourself to be robbed as a parked car is supposed to be robbed in Philadelphia. I guess then you are responsible for the people run over in your stolen car and owe the medical bills to the thief of your car when he crashes it and gets hurt.
    Yes , and the far-left wing looney liberal mayor of Philthadelphia agrees with you 110%
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Yes , and the far-left wing looney liberal mayor of Philthadelphia agrees with you 110%
    Don't forget the district apologist.
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Berks County)

I read through this whole thread and there is one blaring question that was never asked, and the answer was not stated by the OP. ...... Was the car locked or unlocked at the time of the theft?

I, in no way, agree with the LTCF seizure or just about any other law in Philly. But I'm trying to figure out the WHY behind the seizure of LTCF. When it comes to "cop interaction" stories, usually I hear part of the story and try to figure out the whole story. Often these stories omit very important information.

Does the firearms division (LTCF issuers) have a directive in Philly that a weapon left in an unlocked vehicle is considered reckless? Thereby requiring investigators to seize the LTCF pending review?

No clue. Philly is an animal all of its own. Locked or unlocked car doesn't matter to me. It's still your property that no one else has a right to take. But Philly, with their liberal law makers, I would not put it past them to consider it negligent to leave a gun in an unlocked car, and have policy deeming the weapon owner unfit to carry.

It happens more than you think. I can recall 4-5 firearm theft reports I've taken within the last 3 months, from UNLOCKED cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast