Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    (Erie County)

Default Re: LTFC Confiscated

That's the question.

Did you get it back?

(Bucks County)

I'm thinking it adds up to a no.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Northampton County)

What you described in your latest update is akin to a rape victim being forced to apologize to the police for being raped.

"I'm sorry and admit that I was irresponsible. I should not have worn that tight mini skirt outside in public. It won't happen again."
    Free "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"

(Delaware County)

As far as I know, there is no process for replacing a lost LTCF. The lost document is revoked and then you must apply for a new one.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Not the momma View Post
    As far as I know, there is no process for replacing a lost LTCF. The lost document is revoked and then you must apply for a new one.
    It *shouldn't* be. "Lost" is not a legal reason for revocation, and a valid LTCF can have an identical copy reissued at any time, probably after another PICS check (just as a CYA). My guess is "the system" will actually allow the sheriff to reproduce any LTCF at will, but most if not all will run the check just to be sure. Further, there are situations where you need to answer whether or not you've ever been revoked, and having to anwer "yes" because of a lost license is just wrong.

It is also my belief that when reproduced, the system automatically dates the new one 5 years from the date of printing. I believe this because I personally had a situation where I was in possession of a "re-issued" license, and at the end of its term, I stood in the Sheriff's office while he threatened to arrest me for carrying to the courthouse after expiration. He claimed that's what the system showed, but I physically had the LTCF which showed a later date, so apparently a re-printing doesn't reset the "record" in the system, just on the new card.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by limingbin View Post
    So here’s what happened and please take my experience as a rough guide.

Once the detective confiscated my carry license, he returned it to the gun permit unit, who subsequently sent me a revocation notice a week later. Which means I can’t conceal carry anymore. On the revocation notice, there is an option to appeal this decision. The process will take up to a year to be scheduled a hearing before a panel of representatives. The officer responsible for the appeals process at the gun permit unit was nice enough to fast track my appeal and got my hearing within 2 months. HERE’S THE IMPORTANT PART: Please admit that you made a mistake and you are very sorry and it will never happen again. If you argue or dwell on the details, you will lose your carry license. If you admit fault and promise to be responsible, the panel will reinstate you. DON’T argue with them. Hope this helps those who fall in this same situation.
    Thanks for the insight.

I think its clear. First part of his explanation tells the story of revocation. Second part was how he got them to reinstate. All the should be(s) in the world don't mean a hill o beans. This is how the corrupt system works. You can fight that later untill your money runs out. He did what he had to do. He put it out for the knowledge base. I applaud that.

It would be nice to know if you were told that or if you just instinctively figured it out. Im betting someone gave you a hint.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Delaware County)

I spoke to the clerk out the Gun Permits desk at the courthouse in Media (Delaware County). I was told that is how it’s done in Delco. The revocation is part of the process. You will be issued a new license if you pass PICS. Perhaps it’s different in other counties.
    Last edited by Not the momma; September 6th, 2019 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Typp

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Not the momma View Post
    I spoke to the clerk out the Gun Permits desk at the courthouse in Media (Delaware County). I was told that is how it’s done in Delco. The revocation is part of the process. You will be issued a new license if you pass PICS. Perhaps it’s different in other counties.
    That is how it was done in most of the counties I inquired to a number of years ago when researching stuff for PAFOA.

They revoked the old LTCF, and issued a new one. It is also how they handled address changes. ....but that was prior to the unified system that the PSP implemented a few years ago.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011