Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh City Council Hearing date set

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    One councilman - Coghill i believe kept calling firearms automatic till he was corrected then said all semi autos should be banned. One of the councilmen (forget which) discounted Lotts charts saying all data can be fudged to what they want to say.
    Also the question was directed to Councilwoman Strassburger (who was planning on leaving the meeting shortly) is being they want to ban certain guns - why wouldn't they be banning all guns (forget the wording exactly) She did not answer but upped herself and exited.
    In essence, I said that she had just expressed the sentiment that she believes that removing some guns from people's hands will result in lower crime so how then can we trust that her ultimate goal isn't to remove all guns because if her worldview is that fewer guns equals less crime, then why wouldn't she try to eliminate all crime be removing all guns.

She didn't answer and made for the door.

(Allegheny County)

thank you ! I didn't get that quite right as i just couldn't remember your statement on that detail (-: Watching the video helped me hear all that i didn't quite hear at the meeting- the two older gentlemen near me were talking and some of the council members and panels words at times i missed so I was glad to watch the video again to pick up all that i didn't hear. Watching Krauss's childish rant really shows his true ugly colors
    Last edited by Just1more; February 15th, 2019 at 01:12 AM.

North Carolina, formerly from PA, North Carolina

Wow. Sounds like a Monty Python skit... a farce. So, in essence, the esteemed politicians had absolutely no interest in facts, data or public comments. Too bad that they probably won't get much heat from the media or their constituents for acting like spoiled children. But that is the state of the nation right now, isn't it?

I have seen or heard nothing new since the panel discussion. Anyone from Pittsburgh know where this stands?

I would like to believe that the bills are hopelessly mired in the amendment phase as the authors realize just how flawed the measures are, and that fighting preemption in court is a colossal waste of taxpayer money. Of course, I also would like to believe in white unicorns ridden by smiling elves that distribute free rounds of decent .45ACP in case quantities.

I expect that Peduto will resurface with it all before I get my .45ACP in case quantities.

(Berks County)

I subscribe to Peduto's fakebook page and haven't seen anything on it lately. He was calling for Philthytown's Kenney to follow suit as he had promised and I was heckling him on it but it's been a week or more since he posted on it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I subscribe to Peduto's fakebook page and haven't seen anything on it lately. He was calling for Philthytown's Kenney to follow suit as he had promised and I was heckling him on it but it's been a week or more since he posted on it.

Why did he hold back, why didn't he follow through?

Is he waiting for another Mass Shooting or notorious gun crime?

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Why did he hold back, why didn't he follow through?

Is he waiting for another Mass Shooting or notorious gun crime?
    It takes time to plan it.

Quote Originally Posted by PA_Robert View Post
    It takes time to plan it.
    I suspect Kenney was disappointed that those two Marines beaten by Philly's own Democrat Party paramilitary group, Antifa, did not fight back or shoot back. So they have to both gin up a new headline, and also get Krasner to plea bargain the charges down to littering or something. That is going take some time. I am sure Kenney and Peduto will work something out to get Philly into the mix.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

We haven't heard anything much from Peduto and city council for a few weeks, it seems like. Maybe they realize they're on shaky legal ground and we're not going to go away? What happens when the law goes into effect and 500 gun owners defy the law in a big march? They'll look like fools if they don't enforce it. The second they do enforce it, they give someone standing. Then again, we all owned our "assault weapons" before the ban went into effect, so we are grandfathered in. This will highlight the fact that the law doesn't do anything. No matter what happens, it's a shit show.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    We haven't heard anything much from Peduto and city council for a few weeks, it seems like. Maybe they realize they're on shaky legal ground and we're not going to go away? What happens when the law goes into effect and 500 gun owners defy the law in a big march? They'll look like fools if they don't enforce it. The second they do enforce it, they give someone standing. Then again, we all owned our "assault weapons" before the ban went into effect, so we are grandfathered in. This will highlight the fact that the law doesn't do anything. No matter what happens, it's a shit show.
    Make a big public show of "selling" your gun to the guy next to you for a dollar. Private party, no background check. Now you just took ownership of the gun, in city limits. Liberal heads would explode.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast