Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Default Re: Pittsburgh City Council Hearing date set

Based on a quick look at Kraus' page (here...) it looks to me like he is up for reelection this year. Right now, being on the other side of the state, I have no way of knowing if anyone is running against him for the District 3 seat.

Petition signing ends, and paperwork needs to be filed, today. By early next week, the county should be able to publish the official list of candidates. If Kraus has primary opposition, we begin planning our move. His opponent could be better, or worse. In either case, there are ways to play this.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Based on a quick look at Kraus' page (here...) it looks to me like he is up for reelection this year. Right now, being on the other side of the state, I have no way of knowing if anyone is running against him for the District 3 seat.

Petition signing ends, and paperwork needs to be filed, today. By early next week, the county should be able to publish the official list of candidates. If Kraus has primary opposition, we begin planning our move. His opponent could be better, or worse. In either case, there are ways to play this.
    There are three challengers in district 3.

I met with Amy Schrempf and had coffee with her a few weeks ago. I spoke to Chris Kumanchik on the phone a couple of times. The third person is Kraus's former chief of staff and I believe he's just in the race as a stalking horse. I believe that he's just there to split the opposition vote to help Kraus win.

Amy's a lawyer and currently works for the city. Chris is pro-gun. He's a Democrat but we have to work with Democrats in the city to beat Kraus.

Chris is motivated. He has attended and spoken at the hearings about the gun laws. Amy apparently has more support among the chamber of commerce members in district 3.

I'd be fine with either of them but the worst case scenario is that they split the opposition vote and allow Kraus to win again.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt_Daddy View Post
    There are three challengers in district 3.

I met with Amy Schrempf and had coffee with her a few weeks ago. I spoke to Chris Kumanchik on the phone a couple of times. The third person is Kraus's former chief of staff and I believe he's just in the race as a stalking horse. I believe that he's just there to split the opposition vote to help Kraus win.

Amy's a lawyer and currently works for the city. Chris is pro-gun. He's a Democrat but we have to work with Democrats in the city to beat Kraus.

Chris is motivated. He has attended and spoken at the hearings about the gun laws. Amy apparently has more support among the chamber of commerce members in district 3.

I'd be fine with either of them but the worst case scenario is that they split the opposition vote and allow Kraus to win again.
    Excellent info...

So we would need to pick one of the those two (determine which is the most electable) and figure out how we help. Outward support by the 2A community may not be the best approach, as it could in fact be the kiss-of-death for a Democrat candidate. I think the next step is to attempt to assemble a small team of people who are familiar with political strategy in general, with some team members knowing BURGH politics well. Any volunteers/suggestions? The team could probably work by conference call.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Allegheny County)

I just saw it on WTAE. O'Connor and Strassberger will be bringing up Peduto's gun ban this week!

(Allegheny County)

They're going to amend the bills but still plan on bringing them to a vote:

https://triblive.com/local/pittsburg...vote-expected/

Councilman Corey O’Connor of Swisshelm Park said council would amend the proposed legislation to add information, including statistics, exhibits and other data on gun violence that has occurred across the country. He said members are still working out other amendments that would change the actual text of the three bills and hope to cast a first vote in coming weeks.
    He said representatives of CeaseFirePa., a statewide organization that advocates against gun violence, and Children’s Hospital are expected to address council during a public comment period on Wednesday.

So they are going to add one sided or altered "statistics" then have two clearly bias anti gun groups comment on them and made sure to release this to the press the day before so the Opposition wouldn't know or be able to make it to today meeting in order to have a say.

Seems to be very fair and well balanced for the tax payers of Pittsburgh.

“Generally it’s a lot of clarifying language and protection for children in the extreme risk protection bill,” he said. “We’ve seen a lot of kids end up with guns out of their homes and there’s some language that could change to prevent that or to hold people more accountable for getting guns into the hands of kids.”
    At least it's for the children.

That response is as generic and original as the proposed ordinances.

Talk about teeing up your city to be financially ruined.

(Allegheny County)

God fucking damn it, I would have been there had I had any knowledge of "there"

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011