Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Gun Safe Won't Open

Onliest people I know (and they have been in business since 1966 that I know of) is Action Lock, 806 Veterans Highway, (rt 413) Bristol Pa 19007
    phone 215 788 9433. They are Fort Knox dealers.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Quote Originally Posted by BobFromBucks View Post
    I tried a new code and technique I found on the Internet today. Nope.

There is a locksmith in MN who says he can open a Cannon safe in 5 minutes or less and to contact him.

I bet you can open it faster, drill a 3/4 hole around the combo then sawzaw a ten inch circle.

(Allegheny County)

grinder and wafer wheel

(Northampton County)

I would try A & B Lock and Safe in Allentown. They may service your area. http://anblockco.com/ I have used them before and have been satisfied.

(Indiana County)

For those not knowlegeable in safe construction, the outer and inner walls are steel plate, nothing spectacular, drillable. Between those two walls, however, is a floating (i.e., not tied down) wall of boilerplate, case-hardened steel. When a drill bit tries to bite into that, the plate moves, making it quite difficult to the drill bit to get a start. Plus, it's case-hardened steel, something normal metal-drilling bits aren't designed to drill into.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    You were't exaggerating when you said they're expensive. I guess I need to pop my cover to insure that the bolt goes the right way.
    MBA USA has them in stock in chrome, black, and brass for $384-$400.

Safes Universe lists them for $331, but is showing unavailable until Jan 2019.

Looks like a lot of places are out of stock. Wondering if they have a new model coming out or something. I think this is an upgrade worth doing, but an expensive one. Especially if you have more than one safe.

(Susquehanna County)

I have a Cannon that failed and did the customer service "Replace the batteries BS"
    I don't know why your combo would not be accepted and lock out.. mine was accepting the combo but would not unlock

hit combo, confirm beep, try to open.. nothing.. retry- move handles a back and forth enough to bang around retry bang handles, retry .. after 10-15 attempts I heard the locking motor buzz and it opened.
    Push the top of the door inner board inwards and lift about 1 inch.. door liner comes off.
    lock is held on with 3 screws
    turned out the small circuit board is soldered directly to the locking motor.. hairline crack on one solder joint (thank you leadless solder) pisspoor design.. should have been wires between CCA and motor because motor moves slightly when unlocking causing solder to flex and crack.
    reflowed and it has been working a couple months now..
    Cannon did send a new lock and combo for free
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    I have a Cannon that failed and did the customer service "Replace the batteries BS"
    I don't know why your combo would not be accepted and lock out.. mine was accepting the combo but would not unlock

hit combo, confirm beep, try to open.. nothing.. retry- move handles a back and forth enough to bang around retry bang handles, retry .. after 10-15 attempts I heard the locking motor buzz and it opened.
    Push the top of the door inner board inwards and lift about 1 inch.. door liner comes off.
    lock is held on with 3 screws
    turned out the small circuit board is soldered directly to the locking motor.. hairline crack on one solder joint (thank you leadless solder) pisspoor design.. should have been wires between CCA and motor because motor moves slightly when unlocking causing solder to flex and crack.
    reflowed and it has been working a couple months now..
    Cannon did send a new lock and combo for free
    My Cannon does a low growl when I lock the electronic safe. I too removed the inner door wall and noticed the rickety construction of the locking mechanism (my wife got me the safe as an Anniversary present so Im not complaining) . Ill open it again tonight to take a look at the solder points you mentioned. Hopefully nothing to worry about.
    Hold the Line...

(Warren County)

Yinz have talked me outta buying a Cannon for sure. In fact I will NOT buy an electronic lock safe. Not howhow not noway.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Bucks County)

I got it open and without a locksmith!

I was feeling pretty frustrated that a cheap electronic device was going to get the better of me. It was still getting power because it would beep and lock me out every two times I tried to open it. I decided to try putting in the six digits while quickly rocking the handle left and right (open and close) and basically banging it against the stops. The second time I tried this something new happened...it didn't lock me out as it had every other time. So, I continued and I'm pretty sure the motor was making a different noise.

About the sixth time I tried, it beeped two times (opening signal) and as I snapped the handle to the left, it opened. I locked it while the door was open and then tried the lock again. It now works every time.

I'm still having as locksmith come and change the lock. Hopefully, he can install a manual one unless Cannon sent me Justin's high-end electronic lock as a replacement.

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions here and in IM's.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast