Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to me AK

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: New to me AK

Quote Originally Posted by bortle View Post
    I bought it because I didn't have one, and it was cash and carry.
    Oh hell yeah!

Interesting that some on this forum don’t like cash and carry.... anyway, now that the Demoncrats run the house, who knows what holds for the future of imported EBRs.

Use a standard steel AK mag as a template and open up the mag well. I used a Dremel and their reinforced cutoff wheels and it did the trick for the larger areas.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Bucks County)

The WASR 10/63 has no magazine-gripping "dimples". In their place is a spot-welded rail on each wall of the magazine well, when it comes from CAI (Century).

I don't know whether Century adds the rails after opening up for a wider magazine, or Dremels rails already there.

My Century WASR handled doubled magazines fine, but I had to do a little bit of extra tweaking to get a drum mag to fit correctly.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    The WASR 10/63 has no magazine-gripping "dimples". In their place is a spot-welded rail on each wall of the magazine well, when it comes from CAI (Century).

I don't know whether Century adds the rails after opening up for a wider magazine, or Dremels rails already there.

My Century WASR handled doubled magazines fine, but I had to do a little bit of extra tweaking to get a drum mag to fit correctly.
    They added the mag fitting plates after they opened the well up. The OP would need to do that. I have seen them done with JB weld and they will hold for quite awhile before needing to be redone. I’ve seen others done that mangled the receiver while opening and then destroyed the heat treating on the receiver when welding the plates in at way to high of a heat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12