Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Berkheimer

(Monroe County)

Default Berkheimer

I received this paperwork in the mail that I need to file my taxes with them before the federal filing date. I've never dealt with these people before or filed with them. I understand it's a Township thing, but I can't find any information on them. Do you guys have any experience with this?

(Berks County)

Default Re: Berkheimer

Berkheimer is a tax collector but I can't recall exactly which one it was, maybe that 1% tax?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Berkheimer is a tax collector but I can't recall exactly which one it was, maybe that 1% tax?
    That's what it is. I pay local taxes already, though. Do they owe me money? If they do, I want my money lol. I already pay local taxes, do I have to pay more?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Banks View Post
    That's what it is. I pay local taxes already, though. Do they owe me money? If they do, I want my money lol. I already pay local taxes, do I have to pay more?
    There's a 1 or 2% tax that municipalities have the right to charge. If the town you live in doesn't collect it (it's optional and some don't) the one you work in has the right to it (ain't America great?) On your pay stub it's listed as 'local tax'. When you file your Berkheimer you send the copy of your W-2 marked 'local' and if you didn't pay local tax you'll need to give it to them. If you paid it where you work I think Berkheimer collects it from them for your home town.

Since the state did away with the local EIT collectors Berkheimer has been the default administrative collector for most counties, if not all. That said they're a complete pile of stupid assholes. It doesn't get any easier than collecting a 1% tax, unless it's Berkheimer. I'm at a point where I ignore everything they send me. I have no idea how much my county pays them to administer the EIT, but whatever it is it's too much. My attitude with them is they get their money. They can waste their own time figuring out their own problems because i don't have the time.

With that off my chest, be sure that tax is being removed from your check. If you work in PA it most likely is. If you work out of state it may not. You owe it regardless. That's where you should start.
    Being a former Monroe resident I know they like calling it the Bekheimer tax. But it's actually the EIT.
    Last edited by God's Country; January 31st, 2019 at 05:22 PM.

They're a pain in my ass, dick, AND balls... terrible people if you have any issues to resolve

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Since the state did away with the local EIT collectors Berkheimer has been the default administrative collector for most counties, if not all. That said they're a complete pile of stupid assholes. It doesn't get any easier than collecting a 1% tax, unless it's Berkheimer. I'm at a point where I ignore everything they send me. I have no idea how much my county pays them to administer the EIT, but whatever it is it's too much. My attitude with them is they get their money. They can waste their own time figuring out their own problems because i don't have the time.

With that off my chest, be sure that tax is being removed from your check. If you work in PA it most likely is. If you work out of state it may not. You owe it regardless. That's where you should start.
    Being a former Monroe resident I know they like calling it the Bekheimer tax. But it's actually the EIT.
    I work and live in the same town. Looking at my W2, the local tax had been paid and it's exactly 1% . This does look like it's going to be a pain in the ass.

(Berks County)

I work and live in the same town. Looking at my W2, the local tax had been paid and it's exactly 1% . This does look like it's going to be a pain in the ass.
    It's the easiest of all returns to do. It's one, two sided page and you only fill in about four lines on it, sign it and send your W-2 with it.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.D. View Post
    They're a pain in my ass, dick, AND balls... terrible people if you have any issues to resolve
    They suck a full team of Amish draft horse dicks in August in an equatorial rain forest after a full day of dragging logs.

I just got an attachment notice at work for about $160, for apparently owing $3.50 from 2010, $10 from 2012, and $10 for 2013.

We just went through a nightmare with them last year, trying to get just one person on the phone, who understood basic math.

I really really hate those people.

(Beaver County)

Actually dumber than a box of rocks. Really.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast