Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Private criminal complaints against Peduto

Waste of time.

We need to slam this crap in Court. Expect Bloomberg to bring in heavy NY City talent, which will help us a lot.

We need to work on suing Peduto and the others in Court for various violations.

This is an avenue to court. PA law allows for these private complaints. If the DA's office accepts the complaint it goes to a hearing where the emphasis is on non-judicial processes (stay away orders and arbitration). If those are not feasible, it goes to an honest to God court. I do not think it goes that way very often but this is a situation where an ordinary citizen can force an issue. I cannot find any other State with this procedure.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinR View Post
    This is covered by the Speech and debate clauses of the PA and US Constitution.

Legislators can't be held liable for things said in debate or execution of their duties and it's pretty ironclad, with court support.

Nothing can happen until they actually vote, and even then anything they said beforehand (the conspiracy) *could* be protected from prosecution.

We'll see what shakes out the other end.
    So if I were to opine about the "legitimacy" of assassinating the mayor and supporting council members, and what ways/means may most easily and efficiently lead to success on that front, "free speech" would protect me too, so long as I didn't actually "do" what I was talking about......

Right.....?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    So if I were to opine about the "legitimacy" of assassinating the mayor and supporting council members, and what ways/means may most easily and efficiently lead to success on that front, "free speech" would protect me too, so long as I didn't actually "do" what I was talking about......

Right.....?
    I hear ya! Two different sets of rules, those for the monarchy and those for us peasants.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Jefferson County)

Premature for sure. I said before that they need to actually put it to a vote.

A premature filing may hurt a proper filing.

Let them bring it to a vote, let them enact it. Then things can be punitive, we can make an example of the Pittsburgh mayor and yes-voting council.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Waste of time.

We need to slam this crap in Court. Expect Bloomberg to bring in heavy NY City talent, which will help us a lot.

We need to work on suing Peduto and the others in Court for various violations.
    You mean in leftist-packed courts? That's plan B. Let's hope it never comes to that, because Plan B sucks.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    You mean in leftist-packed courts? That's plan B. Let's hope it never comes to that, because Plan B sucks.
    Yea, but plan c is a doozy.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Allegheny County)

Gun Owners of America Take action against potato head.

Gun Owners Can Help Fire Back by Holding Mayor Peduto and His Fellow Cronies Accountable

Dear

:

As you are probably aware, Pittsburgh has been ground zero for gun control recently.

In response to the Tree of Life shooting, the Mayor and City Council of Pittsburgh are intending to pass ordinances to ban semi-automatic rifles and enact other gun control measures. These actions are in clear violation of the Pennsylvania state preemption law, but the effect could extend far beyond the City of Pittsburgh.

You see, Mayor Bill Peduto wants Pittsburgh to the be the test case for local gun control in every city and township across Pennsylvania and the United States. In fact, he recently attended the US Mayor’s conference where he allied himself with David Hogg to push for that very thing.

Allegheny County District Attorney, Stephen A. Zappala, notified the City that their proposed actions were illegal and that they could face criminal charges, but the Mayor and City Council ignored his warnings and voted to violate the preemption law and your Constitutional rights.

In response, citizens have filed private criminal complaints against Mayor Peduto and the Pittsburgh City Council. You can see some examples here.

But these brave individuals need your help to ensure that the District Attorney and the State Attorney General, Joshua Shapiro, are held accountable for upholding the law and bringing the Mayor and City Council to justice.

So, if you live in Allegheny County, then please contact District Attorney Stephen A. Zappala. Call him at: (412) 350-4400.

Or simply copy-and-paste the message below to his media director, Mike Manko, and click here to pull up his email address. The pre-written text below urges Attorney Zappala to prosecute the criminal actions of Mayor Peduto and the Pittsburgh City Council.

If you live outside of Allegheny County, then email state Attorney General Josh Shapiro with the same request.

You can also call General Shapiro at: (717) 787-3391.

Let the both of them know that you expect them to uphold the rule of law and prosecute these criminals.

In Liberty,

Erich Pratt
    Executive Director
    TAKE ACTIONLINK:
    https://gunowners.org/statealert2419/
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post

Right.....?
    Largely, but if Council were a person uttering a "threat", what they're doing would rise to the level of a true threat, or at least a reasonable person threat.

True threats are never* protected speech, reasonable person standard threats might be protected speech.

The equivalent of what they're doing is telling you straight to your face that they're going to shoot you dead next Tuesday at 4pm as you're leaving work, and you know he has a gun. That's not protected.

Saying "I'll kill you!" In the heat of the moment likely is protected speech, and discussing what ifs are most likely protected speech - it depends on if you're planning on following through or a reasonable person would think you were planning on following through.

*Never say never; if I don't put this disclaimer someone will find the one case the one time that a true threat was deemed protected speech.

I read somewhere that the Council can pass this and it will be effective without Peduto's signature. If that is correct the warrants ought to be sworn out against anyone that voted for it. Also, the council is acting outside of the scope of its authority and I wonder if that could be a basis for personal liability?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12