Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thumbs down Your Doctors and Your Guns

Take a look at this garbage...

My kids had their annual checkups and vaccinations at the pediatrician this week. It's a large "network" office, not an individual family-type doctor. I'm sure many of you use their services no matter your age.

They provided a summary report of height/weight/health status and it has safety tips for parents based on their ages. Take a look at the Firearms blurb.

This prompted me to ask my kids if the doctor asked about firearms since I wasn't the one that took them. They said no, but then we had a good talk about privacy and a refresher on gun safety. My son knew exactly what to say when someone asks. In fact, he said a friend at school asked "what kind of weapons do you have in your house?" and my son told him "NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS" and still stuck to it after the kid questioned again, confused. I made it clear to him that he's not to tel anyone about our family's firearms...including teachers, doctors and even police officers that you think are good people. They have no reason to know and its's safer if they don't. I also quizzed him on where the safest place to keep a gun is...he guessed wrong a couple iof times although they were good answers...and I told him "in your holster, on your body."

Even the kids understand the doctor's "recommendation" of locking your gun and ammo separately in your house makes it useless if you need it. This publication must have been written in New Jersey. The last line is what really bothers me. "Better yet, keep all guns out of your house". Not only is that a ridiculous statement, but a doctor has no place making any recommendations that are completely unrelated to your health. Would they ever dare to say "better yet, don't own power tools"...or "car"? There's an agenda there. It would be health-related to say "Better yet, don't have abortions" or "Better yet, don't have promiscuous gay sex"...they actually DO affect health, but firearms take all of the cheap shots in politics.

Our doctors have never asked me or the kids about guns so I'm not ready to abandon them or even mention it to them, but I bet some doctors go through this BS tip sheet with their patients and bring it up. If that happens, new doctor.

So the lesson is...watch those doctors, especially with your kids.

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Default Re: Your Doctors and Your Guns

Since when do the democrats care about kids? Their DNC is full of pedos, and they just voted yes
    on killing babies. F- them and what they think WE should do with our guns.

Better yet, never ride in a car. Better yet, never ride a bike. Better yet, never use the internet.
    WOW

(Chester County)

How ridiculous and out of touch can they be, did you notice the pronouns they use in this diatribe?

(York County)

Nanny state mentality....

I can think for myself.

(York County)

The first time I took my son for a regular checkup at a wellspan office when he was a newborn a couple of years ago, the pediatrician asked me if there were any firearms in the house. I paused for a second (I wasn’t expecting the question) and replied “that’s none of your business” and he gave me a strange stare (I don’t think he was expecting that response either) and gave me this rant about how they just want to make sure the guns are locked and inaccessible by children for their “safety” blah blah. I told him I’m not answering any of those questions and if he perisists we’d switch practices. He dropped it and moved on.

(Elk County)

Interesting how they want to control how you live your life and what choices you make. (or the ones they make for you) Even more interesting is the fact they dont hold themselves responsible when wrong choices are made. (especially their own)

(Chester County)

To all those PAFOA dads who have had that "Man-to-Man" or "Man-to-Daughter" talk about guns, safety, and it being nobody else's business long before they reached puberty,

SERIOUS KUDOS TO YOU!

It'll be a lot easier having those other talks with them after their raging hormones kick in...
    - bamboomaster

(Berks County)

Like the garage is a better place. When they get their wish they’ll have a new wish.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Bucks County)

It varies by doctor and office. My son (a gun owner, of course) took the two toddler grandsons to see a pediatrician (Central PA area).

Doc asked, "Do the boys have firearms in their rooms?"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast