I sent BattleWerx two of my Glock slides to have the RMR cuts done. I sent them a G26 and G21 slide cut for Holosun 507C. I contact them in December and ask for current turn around time and I was quoted 2-3 weeks that includes ship time.

This past Monday, they had my slides for 4 weeks, so I decide to call them and no way to leave a voicemail. I email them on status of my order and no reply. I send a text and also try to contact them via their website and I'm not getting anything back from them.

I find them on FB and ask them what the status of my order was and I get a response back in under an hour. BattleWerx tells me that they are busy blah blah blah, but that my two slides would ship yesterday. They are backed up, but on FB, they answered someone else's turnaround question dated 1/14/19 and the response is 10-12 days, which they had my slide longer than that, so I'm pissed that they are lying.

I come home last night from work and I see an email from BattleWerx telling me that he ruined one of my slides and tries to blame the CNC machine. He doesn't tell me which slide was ruined, so I have to ask him and it ends up being the G21 slide. The solution was to order an OEM slide or an aftermarket slide. Of course I want the OEM slide. He also tells me that the SN won't match,which isn't a huge deal since I'm putting the slides on Poly80 frames.

I'm pissed because of the turnaround time as I have been waiting on the slides to come back to me, as I want to send the slides to another company to have them hard chromed and waiting on BattleWerx is delaying all of this for me. I'm also told it will take another week to get my OEM G21 slide.

I'm just going to have my G26 slide shipped back to me, and have the G21 slide shipped separately once it arrives to him and have the work done. I already paid for the service in advance.

I'm no expert on CNC machines, but he tried to blame it on the machine that it ruined my slide. From my understanding of CNC machines...you put it in the CNC machine and the machine is already programmed to make the cuts, so I don't understand how the machine ruined my slide? Anyone with more knowledge please explain this to me.

I'll never use this company again based on dragging their feet to get my order finished in the time they quoted to me. He cannot answer phone/emails, but when you ask on FB, he's quick to reply.