Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Semi-Autos for big Game LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!

https://www.media.pa.gov/Pages/Game-...spx?newsid=281

SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR BIG-GAME HUNTING

With Pennsylvania in the stretch run of its first hunting season in which semiautomatic shotguns were permitted for big-game hunting, and semiautomatic rifles have been permitted for hunting small game and furbearers, the Pennsylvania Board of Game Commissioners today announced it will entertain a proposal to allow semiautomatic rifles for big game in the 2019-20 license year.

The Pennsylvania Game Commission is accepting public comment on the matter, which could be considered at the commissioners next quarterly meeting April 9. If voted upon and given preliminary approval in April, the measure could be considered for final adoption in July and put in place for the 2019-20 license year.

Written comments can be submitted by email to pgccomments@pa.gov up until the April meeting.

Like the proposal to move the opening day of the firearms deer season to the Saturday after Thanksgiving, which was given preliminary approval on Tuesday, the proposal to expand opportunities to hunt with semiautomatic rifles seeks to provide for the changing demographics of license buyers and their needs.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Semi-Autos for big Game LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!

When submitting a comment, is there a proposal or tracking number that needs to be included? Or do you just put big game semi-auto rifle in the subject line?

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinR View Post
    When submitting a comment, is there a proposal or tracking number that needs to be included? Or do you just put big game semi-auto rifle in the subject line?
    Good question...I just plan on Putting a Subject line that Reads something like..."Vote YES! to Allow Semi-Autos during Big Game Seasons"

Then I will write my letter explaining why I think Semi-Autos should be allowed. I haven't written my letter yet. I'll post what I write as soon as I do.

(Susquehanna County)

if for nothing else than to stuff it down the throat of all these whiney libtards.. see they are for hunting so STFU LOL
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Perry County)

Given the PGCs bullshit the last time they asked for comments, I think my comment will count for nothing. When they cited their fraudulent survey I was reminded all over of their dishonesty.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

FULL TILT for Squirrels !

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Given the PGCs bullshit the last time they asked for comments, I think my comment will count for nothing. When they cited their fraudulent survey I was reminded all over of their dishonesty.
    Read the full statement; they realize "traditional" hunters are dying out and that everyone that's been introduced to shooting in the last 30 years already has a semi-auto rifle and doesn't get why he has to buy another rifle to try to shoot a deer the 2 days a year you can without taking a day off of work.

Put a magazine capacity and caliber restriction on it, just like every other state, and just be done with it

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinR View Post
    No number needed. Just "I support semi-auto rifle for big game.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    if for nothing else than to stuff it down the throat of all these whiney libtards.. see they are for hunting so STFU LOL
    I certainly want to hunt with my Semi-Auto...BUT YOU ARE ALSO 100% correct. For any Non-hunter, but pro 2nd Amendment advocate, this is absolutely worth getting behind. I hope every member on this cite writes the PA GAME Commission.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I know man...they caved...but we gotta keep it up. At least you know it was not from a lack a trying. I gotta believe this might happen this time. I gonna comment via e-mail. I was at the PGC Headquarters on SUnday for the Meeting and all the talk was about the Saturday opener, so I was surprised to read this about the Semi-Autos.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast