Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Semi-Autos for big Game LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!

Regarding officers' concern for their safety: Let them carry semi-auto rifles on duty if they choose. I'm sure they only carry revolvers now, because a semi-auto handgun would be too dangerous.

(Bucks County)

I think deer hunting should be restricted to atlatl or flint tipped spear only.

No more assault bows either.

I find myself pretty neutral on the subject. I hope that for everyone interested in doing so, the regulation goes through. Good luck.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    I think deer hunting should be restricted to atlatl or flint tipped spear only.

No more assault bows either.
    Several years ago there was a motion made to allow atlatls legal for hunting deer.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Lancaster County)

A good debate point I use with the Fudds is that for nearly two decades (along with the 70's, 80's & 90's vets) we have had a steady stream of veterans returning from the sandbox who unlike many of the older vets generally only have exposure and experience with the AR 15 style rifles (and many are very good with them) why would you not want them to be able to hunt with a rifle they are comfortable and proficient with ? Im sure the Mag limit will be 5 rounds. This point usually leaves them answerless and/or dumbfounded

All's I want to do is take my M1 Garand out once or twice ,and not carry it too far! and Ill probably go back to the lever guns...but there is the new AR-10 in the safe yelling Pick me !

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAwhitetailbowhunter View Post
    So frustrating to read the comments on Facebook from HUNTERS who are opposed to Semi-Autos for Big game. They keep making the statements..."One shot one kill, No need for Semi-Autos, Where is the sport with Semi- Autos, More Hunting accidents with Semi-Autos, If you can't shoot and kill a deer with a traditional rifle you should not be hunting"....Such ridiculous arguments.

My goal when hunting is ALWAYS one shot one kill. I hunt with a six round revolver and have killed with one shot. I hunt with a 10 round tube mag in a Lever Action and kill with one shot, I hunt with a bolt gun that holds 4 in the mag well and have killed with one shot. I have hunted with a pump action Slug gun and have killed with one shot...AND I have hunted in NC with a AR-15 in 300 Blackout and killed with one shot.

How is it possible that hunters throughout all logic and reason when the idea of semi-autos for big game is mentioned???

Can't they see it is just allowing hunters to have ONE more option of the firearm they choose to hunt with?? The gun is not going to "Automatically" make the hunter more dangerous or less ethical.

There are many more thousands of owners of Semi-Auto rifles than there are hunters and they could possibly consider taking up hunting with their Semi-Autos and not have to purchase a bolt gun or or other legal to hunt with firearm.

Also the wording of the District of Columbia VS. HELLER decision...so important to the true meaning of the 2nd Amendment explained that state governments can not ban guns..."in common use"--------

Wake up hunters....we absolutely need to make Semi-Auto rifles of ALL types legal to hunt with in PA so that they can be even more strongly considered to be "In Common Use."
    Wanna make the Fudds nervous? Start a movement to only allow single-shot rifles, no additional ammo on or about the person or vehicle. Now, there would be sportsmanship! Deer only wounded? Call WCO to dispatch it.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Wanna make the Fudds nervous? Start a movement to only allow single-shot rifles, no additional ammo on or about the person or vehicle. Now, there would be sportsmanship! Deer only wounded? Call WCO to dispatch it.
    No, no, no, no, no. . . We need to preserve the tradition of hunting in Pennsylvania!

Pennsylvania pattern flintlocks only, must be era correct to pre-1800. If all you need is one shot, by gum all you need is one shot, just like your great-great-great, whatever, grand-dads!

(Montgomery County)

Finally! This could be us!

Geissele Automatics is completely on board with allowing Semi-Automatic rifles for big-game hunting!

https://www.media.pa.gov/Pages/Game-...spx?newsid=281

Can't post this link enough right now! Make sure you email pgccomments@pa.gov to make this happen. Get the word out!
    Last edited by GACS; February 1st, 2019 at 01:18 PM. Reason: can't get image to show up

(Bucks County)

Did my part

(Dauphin County)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast