Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Re: Semi-Autos for big Game LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinR View Post
    Read the full statement; they realize "traditional" hunters are dying out and that everyone that's been introduced to shooting in the last 30 years already has a semi-auto rifle and doesn't get why he has to buy another rifle to try to shoot a deer the 2 days a year you can without taking a day off of work.

Put a magazine capacity and caliber restriction on it, just like every other state, and just be done with it
    Quote Originally Posted by PAwhitetailbowhunter View Post
    I know man...they caved...but we gotta keep it up. At least you know it was not from a lack a trying. I gotta believe this might happen this time. I gonna comment via e-mail. I was at the PGC Headquarters on SUnday for the Meeting and all the talk was about the Saturday opener, so I was surprised to read this about the Semi-Autos.
    I may comment. Last time, they discarded all of the electronic cummunications which were running 8 to 1 for big game semi use and only counted snail mail surveys that were returned from a few gun/hunting clubs. We all know who would respond by snail mail versus email. I'm really in that "fool me once" zone. Given the time it will take to respond, I'll invest it, but I'm fully expecting to have the football yanked away again.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I may comment. Last time, they discarded all of the electronic cummunications which were running 8 to 1 for big game semi use and only counted snail mail surveys that were returned from a few gun/hunting clubs. We all know who would respond by snail mail versus email. I'm really in that "fool me once" zone. Given the time it will take to respond, I'll invest it, but I'm fully expecting to have the football yanked away again.
    Print out a copy of the e-mail, mail it to them with a cover letter saying "In case you try that garbage again. Sincerely, unclejumbo"

(Bucks County)

I only have anecdotal contacts in the form of two WCO's who basically said NO WAY to semi-autos for deer, but the vibes were there in nuances one could only pick up by "being there". It was like they didn't even want to discuss it.

Admittedly not enough to go on, but from that I suspect the biggest group against semi-autos may be the field enforcers. A poll of them would be interesting.
    Last edited by unclejumbo; January 29th, 2019 at 09:18 PM.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Montgomery County)

Comment submitted.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I only have anecdotal contacts in the form of two WCO's who basically said NO WAY to semi-autos for deer, but the vibes were there in nuances one could only pick up by "being there". It was like they didn't even want to discuss it.

Admittedly not enough to go on, but from that I suspect the biggest group against semi-autos may be the field enforcers. A poll of them would be interesting.
    Frankly, it's not up to them anymore than it's up to PSP whether we should be allowed to own semis in general. There's not a safety issue as their own study revealed. So the only issue could be the WCOs being afraid that hunters will now have semis. An unfounded fear given their counterparts in nearly every other state deal with hunters with semis and aren't being murdered.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Dauphin County)

So frustrating to read the comments on Facebook from HUNTERS who are opposed to Semi-Autos for Big game. They keep making the statements..."One shot one kill, No need for Semi-Autos, Where is the sport with Semi- Autos, More Hunting accidents with Semi-Autos, If you can't shoot and kill a deer with a traditional rifle you should not be hunting"....Such ridiculous arguments.

My goal when hunting is ALWAYS one shot one kill. I hunt with a six round revolver and have killed with one shot. I hunt with a 10 round tube mag in a Lever Action and kill with one shot, I hunt with a bolt gun that holds 4 in the mag well and have killed with one shot. I have hunted with a pump action Slug gun and have killed with one shot...AND I have hunted in NC with a AR-15 in 300 Blackout and killed with one shot.

How is it possible that hunters throughout all logic and reason when the idea of semi-autos for big game is mentioned???

Can't they see it is just allowing hunters to have ONE more option of the firearm they choose to hunt with?? The gun is not going to "Automatically" make the hunter more dangerous or less ethical.

There are many more thousands of owners of Semi-Auto rifles than there are hunters and they could possibly consider taking up hunting with their Semi-Autos and not have to purchase a bolt gun or or other legal to hunt with firearm.

Also the wording of the District of Columbia VS. HELLER decision...so important to the true meaning of the 2nd Amendment explained that state governments can not ban guns..."in common use"--------

Wake up hunters....we absolutely need to make Semi-Auto rifles of ALL types legal to hunt with in PA so that they can be even more strongly considered to be "In Common Use."

We have way too many FUDDs in PA and in the country. I don't understand why people have such high opinions of what should be used in a hunting application. If you don't want to use semi auto and you want to use a bolt or pump...knock yourself out, but I have a problem with those people telling anyone that wants to use a semi to hunt what they can use.

PA is one of a handful of states that does not allow semi auto for big game. Hell, NY allows it and they are one of the most anti gun states in the country.

(Perry County)

So frustrating to read the comments on Facebook from HUNTERS who are opposed to Semi-Autos for Big game. They keep making the statements..."One shot one kill, No need for Semi-Autos, Where is the sport with Semi- Autos, More Hunting accidents with Semi-Autos, If you can't shoot and kill a deer with a traditional rifle you should not be hunting"....Such ridiculous arguments.

My goal when hunting is ALWAYS one shot one kill. I hunt with a six round revolver and have killed with one shot. I hunt with a 10 round tube mag in a Lever Action and kill with one shot, I hunt with a bolt gun that holds 4 in the mag well and have killed with one shot. I have hunted with a pump action Slug gun and have killed with one shot...AND I have hunted in NC with a AR-15 in 300 Blackout and killed with one shot.

How is it possible that hunters throughout all logic and reason when the idea of semi-autos for big game is mentioned???

Can't they see it is just allowing hunters to have ONE more option of the firearm they choose to hunt with?? The gun is not going to "Automatically" make the hunter more dangerous or less ethical.

There are many more thousands of owners of Semi-Auto rifles than there are hunters and they could possibly consider taking up hunting with their Semi-Autos and not have to purchase a bolt gun or or other legal to hunt with firearm.

Also the wording of the District of Columbia VS. HELLER decision...so important to the true meaning of the 2nd Amendment explained that state governments can not ban guns..."in common use"--------

Wake up hunters....we absolutely need to make Semi-Auto rifles of ALL types legal to hunt with in PA so that they can be even more strongly considered to be "In Common Use."
    I turn it back on them. "Just because you would shoot up the woods if you had a semi doesn't mean I will." If they protest. "Then why would you assume everyone else will?"

(Clarion County)

So frustrating to read the comments on Facebook from HUNTERS who are opposed to Semi-Autos for Big game. They keep making the statements..."One shot one kill, No need for Semi-Autos, Where is the sport with Semi- Autos, More Hunting accidents with Semi-Autos, If you can't shoot and kill a deer with a traditional rifle you should not be hunting"....Such ridiculous arguments."
    When I was younger decades ago I got crap for utilizing a single shot rifle.
    Considered a limiting factor and poor sportsmanship round here at that time.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Allegheny County)

So *everyone* in PA only hunts with Handirifles? And why was I the only person I saw in the woods for flintlock season?

If those guys really practice what they preach, that's all you'd see anyone with and both muzzleloader seasons would be much more popular than they are.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast