Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Gun Control Rally Harrisburg 1/29/19: We Need To Get Organized

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Anyone know if his took place today with the poor weather? Up here in the NE at the base of the Poconos we are getting more snow then what called for.
    Yes, the gun control rally was held and included a speech by Governor Wolf. They are hopeful that their gun control win in October will bring more bounty this year. Looks like Republican leadership in the legislature is talking about finding ‘agreement’ with Wolf on mental health ‘interventions’. Ladies and gentlemen, I think in political speak this means, at the very least, a Gun Confiscation Order bill (aka Red Flag Law) is in the cards with Republican legislative leadership.

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - Gov. Tom Wolf is renewing his call for lawmakers to pass legislation expanding background checks on firearms in Pennsylvania and end an exception for shotguns, sporting rifles and semi-automatic rifles that are sold at gun shows.

https://www.abc27.com/news/state/wol...ows/1736877170

(Chester County)

No wide angle shots in that video. Looks like they had just enough people there to fill the lower section of stairs in the rotunda based on the carefully framed shots they showed.

(Chester County)

We can crush that turnout if we put the effort in.

Yeah if we were bussing In people from all over the state and probably providing free lunches refreshments it would be a hell of a lot easier.

(Berks County)

The video won't even load for me, anyone else having better luck with it?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Adams County)

As far as calling it a rally, it was pretty pathetic. I'd say about 2 bus loads. They just barely had enough to fill the steps up to the bifurcation level, plus a few in the "audience" chairs. It was all for the cameras.
    O(ld) F(at) & U(gly)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Same thought here.

On the other note, we need to get a directory of all willing volunteers and their email info & cell numbers ASAP. We also need an aligned set of simple talking points to print and take along with them to the Capitol.

Berncly - I know you mentioned this initiative a few months back. Any progress? I could take this on and compile into a spreadsheet as well as develop the talking points (and make a Google Doc for editing/comments by a few people).
    Thanks very much Jthr.
    I am delayed with some medical issues taking most of my time.
    If you want to move this along then please do.
    I am in full agreement that we must put this into play as soon as possible.

I also suggest speaking with JustinH to see if he wants in, since he has been doing a great job making things happen lately.
    You are welcome to PM me anytime if you need anything.
    I will jump in as soon as I am medically able.
    Bern-
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Quote Originally Posted by ar15_shooter View Post
    We can crush that turnout if we put the effort in.
    We as just this forum can crush their turnout...we as the whole State is going to obliterate them.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lancaster County)

You can expect to see something happening in the state as far as red flag laws with the backing of the Republican leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    You can expect to see something happening in the state as far as red flag laws with the backing of the Republican leadership.
    Not surprised, but still extremely disappointed. These Red Flag laws are the foundation upon which all gun confiscation will be built until more comprehensive confiscation measures are authorized.

The pretexts for seeking on order are broad to begin with. The fact that a police officer can do it on his own motion (a common feature in these proposals) could be based on something as simple as perceived impoliteness during a traffic stop or some other vendetta. While the police were good at the first Pittsburgh rally and have been good at the Statehouse in Harrisburg, it would take nothing to have just one police officer sent in to watch protesters and pick out the "dangerous" ones who say something or carry a sign, detain them, get ID and file an order against them on the spot or later on.

Farfetched? NY and IL already are seriously considering laws that require you to surrender your internet history and all passwords as a condition to buying a firearm. They will pass eventually and more states will follow the lead. The same concept will be applied in the Red Flag laws eventually, if not right out of the box.

Watch for the definition of "family or member of house hold", it will start overly broad and get worse. Eventually it will be expanded to include friends or neighbors or anyone that does not like what you said on the internet.

Giving the unseemly haste with which that last Red Flag law (HB2060) was rammed through the legislature, I do not think we can afford to wait until May to have our presence seen and known in Harrisburg.

The proponents will offer no honest fact in support, will ignore facts that show the proposals to be ineffective and dangerous to all of our civil rights, and it will all be about power politics. The sooner they see the face of We the People, the better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast