Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: ***Pittsburgh City Council, 1/24/19, 1800 (6PM)***

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    Pedildo is apparently unfazed by the impeachment proceedings...

https://triblive.com/local/allegheny...xrw7cC_Rxj9ZeY
    It looks to me by his own quote that Peduto is accepting responsibility to PROTECT all of his constituency. So anyone that gets injured or killed means that Bill has failed in his own requirement of protecting them. I'd sue him for failure to protect anyone in Pittsburgh that gets hurt. Fall down the steps? Get shot? No matter, my protector Bill has failed me, in the task he himself stated he was elected for........

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    The symbolic aspect is real though.
    According to the news - she has enough signatures in hand to proceed with filing the papers.
    This petition is just that - symbolic. You can sign it regardless of where you live and send a message.

Here's an online petition to sign:
    "IMPEACH ‘mayor’ Bicycle Bill Peduto!!!"
    https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...le-bill-peduto

Quote Originally Posted by SilverShooter View Post
    According to the news - she has enough signatures in hand to proceed with filing the papers.
    This petition is just that - symbolic. You can sign it regardless of where you live and send a message.

Here's an online petition to sign:
    "IMPEACH ‘mayor’ Bicycle Bill Peduto!!!"
    https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...le-bill-peduto
    Well, I like the way she is thinking. If it is a loser, then only invest so much time into it as is merited. If nothing else, it shows the hypocrisy of the Mayor and Counsel in selecting which State laws they want to follow and which they want to break. I kind of like sending the message that we are going to resist across the board. I think of a good wrestler. The great ones are always moving, always pressuring, on the attack and when a move doesn't work they immediately go to the next one that will. When they hit it, they relentlessly press it to victory.

For us right now, the winning move is the lawsuit. If the Democrat controlled Supreme Court bares its partisan teeth and overrules well-established precedent, that means there is no rule of law anymore. Then, like the great wrestler, we go on to the next move.

(Berks County)

Here's a recent post from Peduto's fakebook page.
    Please read legislation. It doesn’t take anyone’s guns. It does put limits on new assault weapons & armor piercing ammunition within city. It does not prohibit concealed carry. It does ask courts to temp remove weapons through due process when someone says harm self or others
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

The problem is...his definition of "assault weapons" are regular semiautomatic firearms...and I'm guessing he calls defensive hollow-points "armor-piercing".
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Allegheny County)

Didn't they say that current owners are grandfathered?
    If so, then they aren't technically "taking" anyone's guns, I guess - just your rights, and the ability to own them in the future.

No big deal, huh?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Bullshit. He obviously hasn't read the ordinance, or doesn't know how to actually use cross-references.

607.01(c)1 defines *any* gun that can accept a 10 round magazine as an assault weapon even if not in posession of a +10 round magazine.

607.03(a) bans assault weapons as defined in 607.01.

607.04(b) removes the LTCF exemption from carrying outside the home. This last one is the non-existent ordinance that gets brought up.

There's no 18 P.S. Sec. 610 (b)(1-10), but there *is* a 18 P.S. Sec. 6106(b)(1-10) that establishes when a firearm can be carried outside the home.

Thing is exceptions 1-10 are military, LE, and hunting. LTCF/CC exceptions start at (b) 11.

So yes, they are absolutely trying to take away CC/LTCF in Pittsburgh with the current bill
    Last edited by JustinR; January 29th, 2019 at 01:37 PM.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    Unfortunately, the PA Supreme Court has previously ruled that Home Rule Charter impeachment provisions are unconstitutional and the only way to impeach an elected official is via Article VI, Sections, 4, 7.
    Article VI, Pennsylvania Constitution

Public Officers

Section 1

Officers Not Otherwise Provided for in Constitution

All officers, whose selection is not provided for in this Constitution, shall be elected or appointed as may be directed by law.

Section 2

Incompatible Offices

No member of Congress from this State, nor any person holding or exercising any office or appointment of trust or profit under the United States, shall at the same time hold or exercise any office in this State to which a salary, fees or perquisites shall be attached. The General Assembly may be law declare what offices are incompatible.

Section 3

Oath of Office

Senators, Representatives and all judicial, State and county officers shall, before entering on the duties of their respective offices, take and subscribe the following oath or affirmation before a person authorized to administer oaths. "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support, obey and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth and that I will discharge the duties of my office with fidelity." The oath or affirmation shall be administered to a member of the Senate or to a member of the House of Representatives in the hall of the House to which he shall have been elected. Any person refusing to take the oath or affirmation shall forfeit his office.

Section 4

Power of Impeachment

The House of Representatives shall have the sole power of impeachment.

Section 5

Trial of Impeachments

All impeachments shall be tried by the Senate. When sitting for that purpose the Senators shall be upon oath or affirmation. No person shall be convicted without the concurrence of two-thirds of the members present.

Section 6

Officers Liable to Impeachment

The Governor and all other civil officers shall be liable to impeachment for any misbehavior in office, but judgment in such cases shall not extend further than to removal from office and disqualification to hold any office of trust or profit under this Commonwealth. The person accused, whether convicted or acquitted, shall nevertheless be liable to indictment, trial, judgment and punishment according to law.

Section 7

Removal of Civil Officers

All civil officers shall hold their offices on the condition that they behave themselves well while in office, and shall be removed on conviction of misbehavior in office or of any infamous crime. Appointed civil officers, other than judges of the courts of record, may be removed at the pleasure of the power by which they shall have been appointed. All civil officers elected by the people, except the Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, members of the General Assembly and judges of the courts of record, shall be removed by the Governor for reasonable cause, after due notice and full hearing, on the address of two-thirds of the Senate.

IANAL, but it appears that if the Home Rule Charter impeachment verbiage is unconstitutional, then any impeachment of Peduto would have to come from the PA House and the charges be tried in the PA Senate. As if that would ever happen. The only recourse seems to be to bring suit against Peduto and City Council.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    And none of that changes the fact that he has to break the law to do whatever he claims he is doing.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    And none of that changes the fact that he has to break the law to do whatever he claims he is doing.
    He's also being incredibly disingenuous with what the bill does and doesn't ban.

I don't use FB, but if I did I'd really, really like to reply to pedutos post with my previous post. Alas, I'm not doing it just for that.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast