Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reciprocity?

(Adams County)

Default Re: Reciprocity?

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    Jay P,
    you are good to go in Ohio,we have full reciprocity. Although it is a "must inform" state if you are pulled over by the Man. Also no go in bars unlike PA and our neighbor West VA
    No go in churches either unless you have permission from the pastor.

(Berks County)

So regarding bars: just what is a bar? If I have dinner at a TGI Friday's, Applebee's, etc., is that considered a bar? My daughter goes to school in Ohio, and I have been carrying there for the last year and a half when we move her out, back, and visit.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_P View Post
    I looked online for the maps, which showed that OH does not honor PA, and there's a link on this site that says the same thing:
    http://www.pafoa.org/law/carrying-fi...y/reciprocity/
    Like everyone else said, that has not been updated in quite a while. I use usacarry.com. It was updated this month. Be aware though. Ohio is a Must Inform state.

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    So regarding bars: just what is a bar? If I have dinner at a TGI Friday's, Applebee's, etc., is that considered a bar? My daughter goes to school in Ohio, and I have been carrying there for the last year and a half when we move her out, back, and visit.

Every state that has laws regarding "bar carry" may have their own specifics. I believe Ohio updated their law in past years to allow carry in bars, or any place that serves alcohol, provided you are not consuming alcohol.

• Licensed Class D liquor permit premises if you are consuming beer or intoxicating liquor or are under the
    influence. If you are not consuming, you may carry unless there is a conspicuous sign prohibiting carry.
    Possession of a concealed firearm is allowed in a retail store with a D-6 or D-8 permit as long as the
    concealed carry license holder is not consuming liquor. Class D permits are generally issued to an
    establishment that sells alcohol for consumption on the premises. In any event, do not consume beer or
    intoxicating liquor before carrying a concealed handgun into a licensed premises.
    Carry in Restaurants That Serve Alcohol
    YES Title 29: 2923.121
    Note: A “YES” above means you can carry into places like described below. “NO” means you can’t.
    Handgunlaw.us definition of “Restaurant Carry” is carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol. Places
    like Friday’s or Red Lobster unless posted with “No Gun Signs.” This may or may not mean the bar
    or the bar area of a restaurant. But you can carry your firearm into a restaurant that serves alcohol
    and sit and eat without consuming. Handgunlaw.us recommends you not sit at the Bar or in the Bar
    area of such restaurants. In some states it is illegal to be in the Bar area of such restaurants.
    Handgunlaw.us believes you should never consume alcohol when carrying your firearm. In some
    states it is illegal to take even one drink while carry

(Berks County)

A bit more research reveals this from the Ohio AG:

Possession of a concealed firearm is allowed in a retail store with a D-6 or D-8 permit as long as the concealed carry license holder is not consuming liquor. Class D permits are generally issued to an establishment that sells alcohol for consumption on the premises. In any event, do not consume beer or intoxicating liquor before carrying a concealed handgun into a licensed premises or while on the premises.

A concealed handgun license holder may transport a loaded, concealed handgun in a motor vehicle. You may not have a loaded handgun in the vehicle if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...EYMWOtM-yaR8Hb

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...ity-Agreements

it shouldn't take 15 minutes or more to find a link to keep your ass out of jail. you'd think they'd just issue out of state people a fine or honor other state's laws, like tint or radar detectors.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Montgomery County)

LegalHeat is cool app for iPhone (don't know if it's available for Android) for this. It's like .99 or 1.99 a year and they keep everything updated. There are some other reliable sources that are free online, but LH has some good detail in what they provide for each state. It typically has the sattes "blurb" on 2A. Also tells you the laws with regard to duty to retreat and any other special notes you need to know. Then it show maps of states that they accept and the states that accept the selected state you're researching.
    Last edited by Twospot; January 29th, 2019 at 09:32 PM.
    Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Twospot View Post
    LegalHeat is cool app for iPhone (don't know if it's available for Android) for this. It's like .99 or 1.99 a year and they keep everything updated. There are some other reliable sources that are free online, but LH has some good detail in what they provide for each state. It typically has the sattes "blurb" on 2A. Also tells you the laws with regard to duty to retreat and any other special notes you need to know. Then it show maps of states that they accept and the states that accept the selected state you're researching.
    the problem i see with all these alternative sites and apps is, who is liable when they get it wrong and you've got new bracelets?
    still wind up having to do more in-depth research to the nuances of each state's laws and regulations even to the eagerness to enforce regs real or not [think pre-PSP memo open carry harassment in PA] or keep very concealed...
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Allegheny County)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    the problem i see with all these alternative sites and apps is, who is liable when they get it wrong and you've got new bracelets?
    still wind up having to do more in-depth research to the nuances of each state's laws and regulations even to the eagerness to enforce regs real or not [think pre-PSP memo open carry harassment in PA] or keep very concealed...
    That is true and it has that disclaimer. This particular app normally contains contact info of the state to verify and links to the information as well.
    Eddie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast