Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Don't use BattleWerx for RMR cut service

I sent BattleWerx two of my Glock slides to have the RMR cuts done. I sent them a G26 and G21 slide cut for Holosun 507C. I contact them in December and ask for current turn around time and I was quoted 2-3 weeks that includes ship time.

This past Monday, they had my slides for 4 weeks, so I decide to call them and no way to leave a voicemail. I email them on status of my order and no reply. I send a text and also try to contact them via their website and I'm not getting anything back from them.

I find them on FB and ask them what the status of my order was and I get a response back in under an hour. BattleWerx tells me that they are busy blah blah blah, but that my two slides would ship yesterday. They are backed up, but on FB, they answered someone else's turnaround question dated 1/14/19 and the response is 10-12 days, which they had my slide longer than that, so I'm pissed that they are lying.

I come home last night from work and I see an email from BattleWerx telling me that he ruined one of my slides and tries to blame the CNC machine. He doesn't tell me which slide was ruined, so I have to ask him and it ends up being the G21 slide. The solution was to order an OEM slide or an aftermarket slide. Of course I want the OEM slide. He also tells me that the SN won't match,which isn't a huge deal since I'm putting the slides on Poly80 frames.

I'm pissed because of the turnaround time as I have been waiting on the slides to come back to me, as I want to send the slides to another company to have them hard chromed and waiting on BattleWerx is delaying all of this for me. I'm also told it will take another week to get my OEM G21 slide.

I'm just going to have my G26 slide shipped back to me, and have the G21 slide shipped separately once it arrives to him and have the work done. I already paid for the service in advance.

I'm no expert on CNC machines, but he tried to blame it on the machine that it ruined my slide. From my understanding of CNC machines...you put it in the CNC machine and the machine is already programmed to make the cuts, so I don't understand how the machine ruined my slide? Anyone with more knowledge please explain this to me.

I'll never use this company again based on dragging their feet to get my order finished in the time they quoted to me. He cannot answer phone/emails, but when you ask on FB, he's quick to reply.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Don't use BattleWerx for RMR cut service

The machine did the work to ruin the slides, but the either the programmer or the person that attached the slide to the CNC machine are at fault. If the slide wasn't bolted down properly to the machine, or it was in the wrong place when the program started, it will screw up the object. It isn't likely the fault of the machine.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lehigh County)

What streaker says! The machine follows a set program, so the problem most likely is the person that installed the slide into the machine made an error.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Yep. Garbage in, garbage out.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Montgomery County)

I've used an old Bridgeport BOSS machine that was converted from tape to floppy media that would occasionally "hang up" and continue on its last trajectory until limit stops were triggered or the op smashed the e-stop. Resulted in several trashed parts, broken tools, and gauged vises and table. No excuse for a business to be using a machine like that, though. This was 20 years ago, btw.

(Armstrong County)

As a CNC programmer and operator (wood not steel) the machine will follow the program. Right or wrong tool path, carbide does not care, it cuts...or snaps lol
    As Streaker said, probably a clamping issue and the part moved or the program was shit to begin with.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

I also wonder if he used the program for say a G17 instead of a G21 as the G21 is wider. I think it was the operator that caused the issue.

(Chester County)

Yup. Set up is likely the issue. Sounds like a loose/bad clamp that produced a lot of chatter and eventually dug in and gouged the part. Either that or wrong orientation in the vise for the program. Regardless, human error unless the machine took a crap. I've seen a brand new 5-axis Haas take a dump on one of my parts while running a program and we had to throw out $50k. Machinist couldn't figure out any reason except a glitch. Bottom line though: shit happens. It's understandably frustrating that you lost a slide and that the turnaround is slow. However, they are making it right and providing a new slide. Can't defend them on their turnaround time though. Honesty works best in this dept.
    Last edited by ianb1116; February 1st, 2019 at 10:48 AM.
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.