Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Worst police contact in a long time, screw 4th amendment because it's a university.

I just need to get this off my chest.

I was managing staff at a college sporting event yesterday when the chief of police noticed my pocket knife — something which I have carried around that college for 10-15 years. I have spoken with officers, and they have always been cool no issues.

However yesterday the chief of police grabs my arm tells me to come with him that he needs to speak to me. Starts screaming insisting I show him all the weapons on me. He didn't identify himself as police and was just wearing a black Columbia jacket. He pulls his Sgt over (who I am cool with) and after the interaction tells me that the chief is an ass about any kind of weapon on campus. I tell the Sgt that the chief needs to check his ego at the door because he basicly just violated my 4th amendment rights because he had zero PC of a crime to insist a search or me show him what weapons I had.

No weapons may be a university policy and in the student code of conduct but I am not a student and campus is not posted no weapons. Act 501 police are given their powers by the local court of common pleas and while they are paid by someone else they have to follow all of the rules every other police officer has to.

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Worst police contact in a long time, screw 4th amendment because it's a universit

file an official complaint

get a civil rights attorney and sue

letting this shit go only encourages more of the same
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Default Re: Worst police contact in a long time, screw 4th amendment because it's a universit

Think of the children!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Quote Originally Posted by duqjeep2010 View Post

I was managing staff at a college sporting event yesterday when the chief of police noticed my pocket knife — something which I have carried around that college for 10-15 years. I have spoken with officers, and they have always been cool no issues.

However yesterday the chief of police grabs my arm tells me to come with him that he needs to speak to me. Starts screaming insisting I show him all the weapons on me. He didn't identify himself as police and was just wearing a black Columbia jacket. He pulls his Sgt over (who I am cool with) and after the interaction tells me that the chief is an ass about any kind of weapon on campus. I tell the Sgt that the chief needs to check his ego at the door because he basicly just violated my 4th amendment rights because he had zero PC of a crime to insist a search or me show him what weapons I had.

No weapons may be a university policy and in the student code of conduct but I am not a student and campus is not posted no weapons. Act 501 police are given their powers by the local court of common pleas and while they are paid by someone else they have to follow all of the rules every other police officer has to.
    It may be in the employee handbook.

(Lehigh County)

Maybe his meds aren't working as they should as stated above file compliant with proper agency !

Should'a punched him out for assault.

I wonder how it would go if you called for an ambulance re "someone having a mental health episode or possible reaction to drugs. Maybe he needs an involuntary commitment to make sure he is OK to have firearms. You know, in this day and age and for the children." Drive and park carefully on campus afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Should'a punched him out for assault.
    Honestly sounds like that chief deserves more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    It may be in the employee handbook.
    I'm a subcontractor.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by duqjeep2010 View Post

I can only assume you had it out of your pocket for some reason? If so, what would that be? How big or small is it? Does it bear an NRA FOREVER logo, or a FUCK COPS theme? This story is missing equal rights details.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast