Took a nice 5 block walk to my local gun shop and inside for around $450 was a very beautiful 'Russian' SKS, from '1945'" similar to the one pictured here.

10696616_1.jpg

I gave the gun quotes because thats what the lady had told me it was. I later did some research and found it to be an SKS but an old KBI Inc SKS, and I know virtually nothing about them, except they were imported into KBI in Harrisburg(?) Not sure when and for how long. I'm very skeptical of it being a legit 1945, due to production and such, and with the condition, also the number 45 appears on the box and manual, so thats where shes getting the 1945 from, I THINK. None the less I'm interested as all hell. Gonna Google some SKS sites and see what I can find so I can take that knowledge with me if I decide to buy it..

So my question to you guys would be, is a KBI SKS worth the $450. I'm guessing nobodies gonna really know until I figure out the date and everything? Can you give me a general idea? Year wise, older obviously worth it more, matching numbers up the value and everything but is it worth it??

I already have a Yugoslavian SKS, very nice, a police/swat put-away I'm assuming but thats my issue, YUGOSLAVIAN SKS, not a legit RUSSIAN SKS, I know its apples and oranges and in the grand scheme of things, I'm not a dealer, I'm not here to make any money or anything, I just enjoy shooting, and I enjoy old military weapons, I would't call myself a collector of sorts, just a dude with a love of history and a nice hobby...