Thread: Diamondback DB9

(Montgomery County)

Default Diamondback DB9

Why do you love it?

Why do you hate it?

Seen them on sale locally for $169..

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Diamondback DB9

I recently picked one up at tanners for the $169 price, figuring I would roll the dice - heard so many reviews of great/awful experiences...

I have to say that the one I got runs excellent - not a single FTF, jam, stovepipe etc - nothing, it ran very well right out of the box. I have about 300 rds through it - a mix of ball and HP.

The thing I would say I hate about it is the beaver tail - wish they went a hair longer, you actually need to grip it lower than typical or else you will definitely get slide bite (if you have a little meat on your hands, skinny-handed ppl prob not so much). Sights arent great either but I fixed that.

I bought a kydex pocket holster off ebay that covers just the trigger guard assy and it is "hooked" so that it comes off very easy on pocket draw.

I also got some talon-lije sandpaper grips tape that some guy on ebay makes for it - that really enhanced shooting it, it is very accurate if you do your part. I didnt know at the time but he makes 3 different grits... the low or mid prob would have been better since the really gritty one I got pulls on fabric a little in my jeans on draw etc but it works great while shooting, I didnt put all of it on, just what I needed for a better grip.

I also sent the slide back to DB and for $40 they installed a trig night sight front sight... I waited to make sure mine ran and I was keeping it before I got the grip tape/ front sight upgrade/ holster.

I consider this a true pocket 9mm and worth the price of admission.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    I recently picked one up at tanners for the $169 price, figuring I would roll the dice - heard so many reviews of great/awful experiences...

I have to say that the one I got runs excellent - not a single FTF, jam, stovepipe etc - nothing, it ran very well right out of the box. I have about 300 rds through it - a mix of ball and HP.

The thing I would say I hate about it is the beaver tail - wish they went a hair longer, you actually need to grip it lower than typical or else you will definitely get slide bite (if you have a little meat on your hands, skinny-handed ppl prob not so much). Sights arent great either but I fixed that.

I bought a kydex pocket holster off ebay that covers just the trigger guard assy and it is "hooked" so that it comes off very easy on pocket draw.

I also got some talon-lije sandpaper grips tape that some guy on ebay makes for it - that really enhanced shooting it, it is very accurate if you do your part. I didnt know at the time but he makes 3 different grits... the low or mid prob would have been better since the really gritty one I got pulls on fabric a little in my jeans on draw etc but it works great while shooting, I didnt put all of it on, just what I needed for a better grip.

I also sent the slide back to DB and for $40 they installed a trig night sight front sight... I waited to make sure mine ran and I was keeping it before I got the grip tape/ front sight upgrade/ holster.

I consider this a true pocket 9mm and worth the price of admission.
    Thanks for the review I really appreciate it!
    This is everything I'm looking for when it comes to an ultraconcealed carry or a b.u.g.

That's awesome about the night sights I had no idea, I will def be looking into that if I get a good one as well.
    I'll be getting mine from tanners hopefully, I've never been there before but that price is very attractive so its a damn good excuse to get out to some shops in the area.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    This is everything I'm looking for when it comes to an ultraconcealed carry or a b.u.g.

That's awesome about the night sights I had no idea, I will def be looking into that if I get a good one as well.
    I'll be getting mine from tanners hopefully, I've never been there before but that price is very attractive so its a damn good excuse to get out to some shops in the area.
    You won't regret going to Tanners, checkout the Bunker Gun Shop while you're in the area. The Bunker is located just south of the intersection of Street and York Rd in a small strip mall next to a Verizon store. They won't be able to match Tanners prices but it's a nice shop with a nice selection.

I've had mine a few years, dont try to run a full mag +1, mine will jam if you do. They are snappy little guns so I put a rubber grip sleeve.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post

Glad I could help... one more thing... manual warns to only run 115gr standard 9mm not 124gr and higher, and no +p, it was designed with that bullet weight/ pressure in mind - I have only run 115gr hp/ fmj and standard in mine with no issues.

I was curious about 90gr standard pressure lehigh defense cavitators...

(Bucks County)

Had one, and couldn't get thru a full mag without some sort of an issue.
    Neat little conversation piece, but I wouldn't trust my life with it.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    Had one, and couldn't get thru a full mag without some sort of an issue.
    Neat little conversation piece, but I wouldn't trust my life with it.
    Bux - was yours a gen1 or the gen2? The one I have is Gen 2 with the 3 pin trigger assy.

(Bucks County)

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    Bux - was yours a gen1 or the gen2? The one I have is Gen 2 with the 3 pin trigger assy.
    Not sure, I bought it new about 4 years ago. Good luck with yours.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast